ORFFA Round 6 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Apr 29, 2019.

By Bandit on Apr 29, 2019 at 12:50 PM
  1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Charlies Opening Spelunkers 876 vs Whitsunday Warriors 1049
    The Cavemen got well and truly stuffed by @TerryinBangkok ’s forward line. Boak, Cameron and Gray of the Sam variety went nuts on my depleted backline with 2 out of position defenders proving easy pickings. Everywhere else it was potatoes for both sides.

Not a bloody ton anywhere from my mob, and whilst the fans are disappointed, the match committee are delighted. New draftees Tarryn Thomas and Sydney Stack are showing a bit. For TiB, his focus will be on trying to breathe some life into his midfield and defensive lines.

Wineglass Bay Packers 1153 vs Mount Beauty Uglies 998
    @Tracey notches her first win for the season, and just as @HeavyMen gives @bama a new contract, it all goes to shit. Wilson, Stretch and the returned Mummy all went large for Tracey. The Uglies’ forward line needs to get into the room of mirrors and stare down a pissed off @HeavyMen

Venus Bay Vultures 1265 vs Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1226
    Match of the round and a battle between two of the flag favourites. The more optimistic within our rank would say scoring was hampered due to the quality of the opposition, I say it was just a shit game. 1267 without Buddy and a tight in the butt Simpson isn’t a bad score I guess. @graeme shifting his focus to Stamford Bridge in the hope his blues can get the last Champions League spot.

Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 821 vs Birdsville Battlers 1148
    @JC gave a brief review last week, and this match didn’t conjure up much in the way of content. Birdsville had the bye, and the players treated it as such.

Gariwerd Cockatoos 1564 vs Nareewillock Nuffers 1040
    @anthak steps up and gives @TheTassieHawk an arse kicking of mammoth proportions. 9 tons and only one score under 80… not bad for a team in 14th coming off the back of four straight losses. @graeme has a fight on his hands next week and the men at the Bulls Hit will be nervous. Gariwerd just doing what they have threatened to do for a while.

Gundagai Grasshoppers 1354 vs Nowhere Else Wanderers 1043
    @snoz ’s boys just starting to warm up to the task. The midfield were handed the ball on a platter from Grundy, and Oliver and co took full advantage. No ruck hurt the Wanderers, but there are some rays of light through the clouds in Lyons and Coniglio.

Foul Bay Chickens 1337 vs Marble Bar Misfits 1374
    Cracking match this, with the Misfits getting the chocolates by 37 points. Both sides had players that were below par, but the Chooks mids probably hurt the most.

Cradle Mountain Devils 1399 vs Wagga Wagga Wombats 1251
    Meatloaf once said two out of three ain’t bad, and so it appears with Cradle Mountain being the second Tassie team to get a win this week, scoring a tidy 144 point win over @Lenny120 ’s Wombats. Lenny can count himself a bit unlucky, as he would have beaten 11 other teams with that score, but @dmandrews rolled out some good scores, including Pendles with a 138 that drew a chorus of boos from the travelling wombat supporters.

Lovely Banks Lilacs 1136 vs Iron Knob Codpieces 1132
    Purple is the colour of royalty, and @Jen was as aroused as Queen Sersei at a family reunion after the Lilacs edged out the Codpieces in a thriller. The little master did all he could to try and win the game for @jimbowan , but the efforts of Darling and Mihocek in the forward line were to prove costly.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 9

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Len
      Len
      Great stuff mate, @anthak score is huge . Getting a bet on the cockatoos might be a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Bandit
      Bandit
      Apologies for the brevity, work is mental this week!
      • Like Like x 3
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      The Nuffers were outgunned by a dominant Gariwerd outift @anthak

Our score included some match committee errors with Tom McDonald responding to being slotted into the ruck for the Nuffers (and defence fore the Demons) and Guelfi and David Cuningham both scoring better than some of the players onfield. We only had two tons and have our fingers crossed that a 1100 plus total happens prior to the byes.

Meanwhile we hope that Gariwerd are now due a quiet week or two as we hold their 20120 PSD 1st rounder and don't want them reeling off too many regular season victories.
      • Like Like x 4
    4. JC
      JC
      Can't really blame us, can you @Bandit ? My lot are mid-table in spite of themselves - and we've only played 1 of the 9 teams above us on the ladder. Not sure there'll be too many more wins out Birdsville way this year, so we thought we'd enjoy the bye while we could!
      • Like Like x 4
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for the writeup, Bandit.

Our boys were keen to get the season on track and came out clicking this week!
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Lenny120
      Lenny120
      • Like Like x 1
    7. graeme
      graeme
      Brevity remains the sole of wit. Nice to see Jen get a W on the results table, makes the MSD pick the Lefties traded look even tastier. Congrats @Fitzy, too strong. Oh, and get stuffed Banditto.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Cheers @Bandit
      I guess we deserved that. ;)
      • Like Like x 2
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Whilst I agree it was nice to see Jen get a W, I think you were referring to Tracey :)
      Jen's Lilacs are currently kicking around in the 8 so wont be having much of an effect on LLL draft picks
      • Like Like x 1
    10. graeme
      graeme
      My bad; apologies to Tracey (great win) and to Jen for suggesting it was your first win.

PS - Do we have an emoji for "go stand in the corner with the dunce's hat on"?
      • Like Like x 4
    11. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      I’ll give youse all f’king brevity

GGF you pack of bastards (ladies excused this round ONLY)
      16 words and that is f’king all...well er 24 and numerals...wait is that now 29 and numerals?
      What about (those bracket thingos & ?) do they count?...Aaagggrrrhhhh!!!!!
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    12. snoz
      snoz
      Great stuff Bandito !!!
      • Like Like x 1
    13. ChiefRussell
      ChiefRussell
      Horrendous early season draw for the Chooks. And I have the Cows to come in two weeks time.

Not as horrendous as my decision to play CEY and Roughy over Shiels and Ziebell though. Still, Marble Bar copped sub par scores from Whitfield and Smith so I still deserved to lose.

Still, Chiefbet odds look pretty spot on thus far.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. anthak
      anthak
      I’ve just realised we’re still in 14th position on the ladder.

We’re not even in finals contention yet. One step at a time. Let’s see if we can back up and get another win first.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Spot on.

We need a marquis mid, if only to make us look good on paper and get the bar tabs back up to 2017 levels.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. anthak
      anthak
      You're one of only two teams to score over 8000 points and yet you sit seventh on the ladder :eek:
      • Like Like x 1