2019 Byes: Strategy & Plans

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 30, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Apr 30, 2019 at 8:17 AM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

With only a few weeks to go, who you trade in now has never been more critical!

They must either ripen up to cash in or simply must be playing. So what’s your strategy. Do you have a plan?

If you Fail to Plan then you Plan to FAIL!

051B7790-A3FC-46C7-ACFF-7B216F746D1B.jpeg

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      For my team, I’m looking at holding onto as many Rnd 13 rookies as long as possible to cash in after the Round 12 bye.

Before that I need to build my bank. My strategy last year to have 600k launched me into to top 1000.

And with a current lack of fresh rookies with JS, I’m planning on keeping all Port rookies (one on each line). Their JS is pretty solid and have four games at home from Rnd 14 - Rnd 17.
      Last edited: May 14, 2019
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Currently I'm running byes at 9/12/9 - Currently have 6 rookies in round 12 who I'll be trading out before then means I need to concentrate on who they turn into.
    3. Len
      Len
      12/8/10 atm, but with 3 port rookies to be culled
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      My plans should see me at 11/11/11 outs through the byes with a playing premo split of 12/13/16.
      Hoping to come out the other side with a completed team and half a dozen trades left. Just need rookies to keep popping their heads up.
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Thought it may be an idea to voluntarily post our teams to get any feedback or ideas to prepare for the byes.
      Happy to post my current team for anyone to pull apart and offer advice (remember we are a supportive group - gulp!)
      Note: just traded out Drew and Constable for Young and Whitfield (19 Trades Left) - could change when teams drop.
      upload_2019-5-21_14-42-59.png
    6. Len
      Len
      Mids clearly stacked and fwds clearly stuffed
      Squad beats mine 99 times out of 100
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      This is my steaming pile of shit, ranked 3k round 3, 49k round 9
      upload_2019-5-21_22-38-51.png
    8. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Valente was in my team all pre season. I rate him and with consecutive losses, might get his chance soon if not injured?

With 17 trades, did you have a few injuries?

Cashing In: Enough $300k players to double down grade next week when we’ll know which rookies are the better ones.

Byes Prep: Keep as much flexibility (DPP’s) as you can, spread players across all lines with the same bye round. At a glance Rnd 14 is the challenge so try balance via selective trades. Scratch out a bye plan, I find it easier using spreadsheet. Could help avoid the wrong move. Stick to balancing you team.

The Port Advantage (IMO): After their bye, they play 4 games at home. A real points advantage if you can hold onto their rookies and add the likes of Boak who is dropping in price over next two rounds and with a Rnd 12 bye he will be under$ and ripe for the picking.

High Ceiling: If cash is short pick players with high ceiling v’s Avg. Eg: Connor Rozee F/D also has great JS and could work well with Moore during byes.

Trade Idea This Week: Walsh to Lloyd via Duursma DPP to Mids. Send Duursma back to Def next week when you could potentially cash in Collins and/or Wilkie for a double down grade. Also move Moore to Def and bring in new Fwd & Mid rookies.
      Last edited: May 22, 2019
    9. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Thanks. Forwards are hard to pick early in the season, especially with the new 666 rule. I’m looking for form when it comes to selection (not names e.g. Franklin). Though, some big bags have been kicked this year.
    10. Len
      Len
      Some injuries, but mostly a compulsive trader..
      Looking at Parker and one of Walsh or Wilkie to go this week, need teams named though to see what mids I have as cover, Hayes and Stocker onfield is less than ideal..
    11. Len
      Len
      I say this every bloody year, and yet never actually do it, my TG team is killing my SC team, so once again I state quite hollowly, next year I start with the TG team
    12. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Might need to reassess this week given the fwd outs of Moore and possibly Danger.
      Drew might return, had a good game in the twos.
      Perhaps upgrading Moore to a premo?
      Not sure on your funds and bye set up, but Ziebell and Cameron looking solid pods.
      • Like Like x 1