Round 13 Review & Discussions

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jun 16, 2019.

By stripey on Jun 16, 2019 at 11:05 PM
  1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

so week 2 (the round of death) of the byes is done and dusted...

How did you go... did you have 12 on the field, did your rookies stink it up, at what point did your best laid plans come unstuck...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      With 5 MCG and 2 Marvel games, could be a gem of a pick. Faces only 1 tag during WC game.
      Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    2. TheTassieHawk
    3. ike2112
      ike2112
      Having almost abandoned my own team, to focus on my Trading Games team which was just outside the top 2,000 places... I promptly laid a 1,588 and lost to my own team for the first time in 9 weeks.
      Also now really starting to hurt that I didn't pick up ROB in this team - getting better scoring earlier was good for ranking, but long-term that's $300k+ that I've passed up, and not many others have.

At least Naish played well, so I can feel confident bringing him in. Has to be Lachie Neale's week too since he's now cheaper than ever. Currently side is:

DEF: Lloyd / Houli / Ryan / Laird / Hore / Smith // Duursma / Gardner
      MID: Fyfe / Cripps / Oliver / BCrouch / Rockliff / Walsh / Answerth / Stack // Baker / Stocker / Hately
      RUC: Grundy / Gawn // Fort
      FWD: Dunkley / Kelly / Danger / Boak / Daniel / Marshall // Cameron / Young

I am going Walsh to Lachie Neale. And Stocker out, swing Danger to MF, Gardner to FWD bench and bring in Naish to D8.
      That would give me a pretty solid setup with forward line set (I'd have 6 of the top 7 forwards and Cameron ranked 11th, albeit isn't consistent), rucks, M6/7/8 would be Crouch, Rocky and Stack which isn't terrible, depth in Answerth and Baker playing and DPP options most weeks to switch Duursma. Would then look to find a downgrade target and bring in probably Hurn once he returns from injury and bottoms out; and whether I want to live with Hore or Smith as D6. Robbie Young isn't a high scorer but I think in that Saints side he'll get another chance this year.
      Does only leave me 6 trades and $108k though...
    4. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Jake Stringer not at airport for flight to Perth - no surprise there.
    5. stripey
      stripey
      if you play AFL football, don't bet on the football.... #dontbejaidyn #piesliketopunt

$20k fine and 10 match ban plus additional 12 match suspended lifetime ban
    6. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      How does a player not know this? #aflsendsamessage
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      On a brighter note. Doggies don’t need to worry about who can keep up with him this week.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    8. Penske file
      Penske file
      GGGGRRRRRRR You stupid boy Stephenson, does 10 matches allow him back for finals or is he looking at next year??
    9. stripey
      stripey
      He could play finals.... this just covers the Home & Away but with that in mind the Pies won't play VFL finals so he'll have no match practice
    10. Len
      Len
      Thoughts on trading Grundy?
      BE of 202 and out for at least 2 weeks but the club says that's optimistic.
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    11. stripey
      stripey
      What is the source of this information that doesn’t bother me in the slightest...
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Do you have a source mate ? I can't see anything online except "probable" to play a few days back.

If confirmed it will be a tough one. One bye week and possibly a donut in Round 15 if there is no cover. If there are good/cheap options to trade in them it might make sense.
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Hurn back in and Rotham makes way.

Meanwhile D Clarke plays his 3rd game for the Bombers.
    14. IPOD
      IPOD
      Looking at 3 trades this week but not sure how to do it with the available cash! Ins Dunkley and Walters but the outs will be Parker and Libba now to make room for the trade I was going to down gibbons to Clarke but leaves me 55k short leaves me 2 options
      TU - trade Walsh for Clarke
      TD - miss out on Clarke and go Duursma/B Smith for Logue
      Comment for other options TIA
      • Like Like x 1
    15. IPOD
      IPOD
      Ummm that’s an old story Grundy is no longer 21 and Neil Balme is no longer Collingwood Football manager. Also Collingwood next game is not Thursday night at Domain stadium which is no longer used for AFL (now Optus Stadium)
    16. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Do both I reckon
    17. Len
      Len
      That's because it's 4 years old, I will delete and move quitely back to my corner :)
      • Like Like x 3
    18. IPOD
      IPOD
      hahahaha
    19. IPOD
      IPOD
      Do both? Moving on Parker and Libba for Dunkley and Walters I can’t do both of the TU TD I will have only 1 trade left
    20. stripey
      stripey
      I so would’ve found a Grundy out to very interesting though.. as one of those who are yet to bring him in and still hold ROB
      • Like Like x 1