2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Oct 29, 2018.

1. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Round 20 Match Report
    Groote Eylandt Barracudas 1,348 defeat Serengeti Buffalos 1,045

Final match of the regular season and for both teams this is where the accolades finish.
    The Barracuda’s are looking to finish strong and the Buffalos to just finish

Houli was back to elite status running off half back, Guthrie was the run and carry through the midfield Naughton switched up forward and Lloyd was ever reliable. For the visitors Parsh was hit hard and left the ground at quarter time after a concussion test. Elliott had a couple of goals, Brown bagged 4 while Danger rested in the forward line after being tagged heavily by the Magnificent Zorko.

Off the bench saw Burgoyne the milestone man played with heart and Phillips rotating through the middle swapping from inside to outside midfielders. Serengeti’s Christensen stared in attacked with 2 goals however Weekend at Charlie’s was shut out by Houli each time he stepped on to the turf.

Both teams had out of position players chopping it out Jack Graham v’s Paul Ahern, with a slap and tickle the visitors, well had a little win in the giant tap.

Hawkins dominated in the first quarter and thought that was enough and let Mihocek do the rest of the work. Zurhaar was gifted a couple of frees and Angry Jack couldn’t get going. Ballard for the visitors was a surprise packet with 22 possessions, Gleeson and Coffield were average and Adams was smashed by Tomohawk.

Zorko injuried his hammy late in the last quarter while chasing Danger, Berry had the X factor in the 4q after Zorko went off injured, Corn Boy but was out gunned by Merrett, however it was the Bontempelli show, leading the midfield with 35 touches and a mark, was the everywhere man. Smith and SPP for the Buff really impressed and Thomas actually started forward.

It was a fantastic win for the Cuda’s to finish the season on a high, disappointing that they were at the end of the day one win away from getting into the top 8. For @wrightbrendan the Bison Boys will need to re-group re-think and re-jig for season 2020.

• Like Like x 4
  2. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

GG 240/3/80. Hore spudded it up on return, could prove costly.
    AA 119/1/119. Gawn injury could be huge next week if Ararat manage to win through.

@insider

• Like Like x 1
  5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Where’s my 1/2 point :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tomster

Grenades now 869/10/86.9, setting the pace early in this match. Ararat are out quickly but have fewer players played, 471/5/94.2. The Ararat guns have performed well, whilst their Gisborne counterparts have been below-par. Grenades going to need some above average performances from some of their lower ranked players to defeat this strong Ararat team. @insider

• Like Like x 1
  7. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. insider

Like the weird political people do when they sook up, I’m hereby conceding. Every Grenade except Neale exceeded their season average with some PBs as well; too much for the heavily injured (second only to the Sandgropers I believe) Armadillos. Valiant effort you proud mammals.

In all seriousness, stoked to see @Tomster in a granny. Pre-finals I provided my wish of a Grenade Croc grand final but sadly the old commish fucked that up. Regardless it’s a great result by the Gisbornites and one that is well deserved if you look at the points-for across the year.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 7
  9. eagle_eyed

Might as well join in.

I have the Vikings winning by 296 points to march into the GF. Congrats to @bryzza and the Nutsy locals on making it to the big dance. With his opponents being @Tomster we’ll have a club take out their first ORFFU flag.

In the end I’m stoked to have made it to a PF after a season that can only be described as an annus horribilis. Just too many injuries to defenders and forwards this year that left the side short. Stephenson backing himself to win idiot of the season didn’t help either. There is a silver lining though, a couple of weeks ago I was looking at finishing 9th and giving @Mick pick 10 as part of the Docherty trade, as it’s finished he now gets pick 15 :p

Best of luck to Nuytsland & Gisborne in what should be a cracking GF.

Go (2020)‘Gropers! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Tomster

Great effort from the Grenades boys, all are stoked to be in a grand final! This finals series really has become a survival of the fittest, shame @insider had to finish that way.

This weekend it looks like consistency against firepower. The Grenades have rarely dipped below 1300 but seemingly lack the top-end 1400+ scores that Nutsy have pumped out. However, the Vikings are still prone to those low scores too. Should be an interesting weekend!

• Like Like x 4
  11. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@eagle_eyed A fantastic effort upon making it deep into the finals. As it happens most years it usually comes down to injuries to key personnel, next year you will be a force once again.

For myself I'm extremely thankful in making it to the Grand Final, when Mitchel went down I thought another year wasted then Robertons heart issue and McLean found wondering in VFL. Players have stepped up, with one final hurdle to go.

Its going to be a close one with plenty to play for a New champion will crowned good luck @Tomster

• Like Like x 5
  12. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Carn the Tiges B67F073B-DF59-43C8-B2AC-B4640AB71169.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Great spot!
    Sweep at home has me wanting GWS to win by 50+ or 30-39.
    Norm Smith sweep has me holding Dusty, Cotchin, Rioli, caddy, himmelberg and De boer

• Like Like x 1
  14. eagle_eyed

In our sweep I had Toby or Lynch for 1st goal. Now I’ve got Cameron, Lambert or Prestia for Norm Smith. I reckon Tiges will win but I’d love a Giants/Greene double :cool:

15. eagle_eyed

• Like Like x 1
  16. eagle_eyed

Congrats mate, going to be (another) huge night for you.

17. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Missed 2017 (little brother’s wedding), so have to make up for it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. insider

your brother's a shit bloke - no thinking of others!

19. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

I’ve told him that numerous times.