ORFFF Offseason thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by James84, Sep 26, 2019.

1. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Fantasy footy is over for the season and whilst I'm looking forward to the summer (I completely tore my achilles tendon playing futsal 6 weeks ago so it's going to be a very limited summer for me) I have been enjoying the footy as much as I can remember in a long time.

This is strange for a variety of reasons, one is because I am usually checked out by this stage of the season and ready for it to be over. I was also surprised because with the new rule changes I don't really enjoy the way footy is played at the moment, but that being said my wife who watched maybe a half a game every four rounds thought this season was more entertaining and 'better football' so maybe I am getting old and doing what all the commentators do by glorifying the footy style I grew up with.

I also find myself surprised by this because I can identify a huge number of things that I hate about the game more than ever. The leagues executives have entirely incorrect priorites, the ARC is broken, the MRP is broken, some of the rules are broken, channel sevens commentary team were broken previously but are taking it to new levels every year, the coverage in the media is beyond broken and a real tragedy but I won't bore everyone with my views on that.

Basically this is a longwinded way of saying it's been a really great season and I think this league very much contributed to my enjoyment this year, so thanks to you all and enjoy your summer!

Feel free to strike up some conversations in the downtime in this thread if anyone wants to, I'm pretty sure my summer will be this clip, but extended for 5 months....

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey mate, I’m just having a look around here now for the first time in a long time... how’s the recovery going?

3. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Slowly, but well! Im at 8 weeks now and walking fairly comfortably in a boot. Should be walking free soon but won't be recovered for 4 months or so and no sports for another 9 months which isnt really an issue as at 35 Im old enough to retire now

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Wow, that’s a long haul!
    Hopefully you can get back into sport, you’re not too old yet! :)

• Like Like x 2