Rate My Team 2020

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jan 27, 2020.

By stripey on Jan 27, 2020 at 9:47 AM
  1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Ok I'll get it started... Rate My Team (RMT) is back for 2020!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's my current version of the team just to get you started... be gentle

upload_2020-1-27_9-46-40.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Len
      Len
      Not a bad January side
      I think Roberton, Hill and Nic Nat (and to a lesser extent Smith) is at least one risk too many.
      I'd start Taranto over Kelly and Oliver, Kelly is still in the injury prone camp and Oliver I don't see improvement in but I'm not ITK on Melbourne so could be off target there.
      It feels like one mid too many and one defencer light.

But as I said, not a bad Jan side :)

Here's my version 12
      upload_2020-1-27_11-41-47.png
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    2. stripey
      stripey
      It's interesting to hear you don't like the Oliver selection... he had two shoulder reco's before last years preaseason so in my mind it was impressive what he was actually able to achieve... combine a proper preseason with an improving team (surely), he's one of my first picked!
      • Like Like x 2
    3. stripey
      stripey
      I'm not sold on Steven either as a selection. In my mind, Smith will outscore him and be a safer bet to get through the season
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Len
      Len
      To ne honest neither am I, that last spot will be post preseason comp, he has the skills to go the highest of all the "underpriced", but he is a huge risk to miss games I had Ladhams in there and would love to be able to have a cheap R/F there that will play and score, but no confidence in that atm
      • Like Like x 1
    5. sharkwhisperer
      sharkwhisperer
      N
      Hey Stripey. Thanks for bouncing the ball!
      Def: No love for Doedee in team? Or Docherty? I think they are locks.
      Mids : Looks amazing . I like strategy. Saves trades but expect a loos $ if early hiccup with so many "premos" .
      Rucks : Good value in Nic nat. You'd want him playing 22 tho...
      Fwds : I went off Cockatoo looking at his history. Prefer Steven. Can go big.

My smokies to consider. Selwood (mid); Rockcliff (mid) R West (fwd)
      • Like Like x 2
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    6. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      2020 - Could this be the year? Pull my team apart like a hot roast chook!
      Will make a few comments on other teams in the next few days. Good luck to all.
      upload_2020-2-5_16-35-11.png
    7. stripey
      stripey
      Its interesting the strategy to retain the $150k.. I generally end up with a few midpricers and after the second round the worst performing turns into whatever rookies I've missed...

Do you think the Melbourne Pickett will score high enough given his elevated price tag?

I'm also not confident Lloyd provides great value at that price.

Also Jones is an expensive benchwarmer.. if he's not onfield I'd use that money to bolster your backline... I like the selection though, I have him in ORFFL and have heard some pretty big predictions about his 2020 season!!
    8. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Caleb is a good selection as long as he gets his distributor role (as a doggies man - I hope so). He is a solid 90+ Avg with the occasional 110-120 games when he feeds of Keath ("The Interceptor")..

Loving the Taranto pick - Solid POD (3% of teams) - can go big and very big this year.

Dusty will be a TOP 4 forward this year (if he's head is in the game) - would like to see if he gets Mid time. Historically he's dropped in price early season. Its a hold for the moment for me. Dusty's price for past 3 seasons (Rnd 1-10) below:

upload_2020-2-6_9-26-2.png

Don't know much about O'Halloran - what can you tell us about him?
      And Steven's and Heeney are injured since your post - though I'm sure your across this.
    9. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Pickett will be given his chance - he was last years best small forward. I think the dogs would have taken him but knew he would be snapped up. Melb took him early and need a smart small forward. I'll keep a watch on him during pre-season.

With Lloyd - he's reliable though I will watch to see how Dawson affects his numbers. CD is on my radar if he's gets the distributor role.

Jones - heard he will get every chance. The coach likes him so should play each week. At that price a slow burn to the byes.

Thanks for your comments - some food for thought.
    10. stripey
      stripey
      On Lloyd, his average dropped in the second half which happened to coincide with Dawsons increased scoring... assuming that continues, he's either fully priced already or actually overpriced...
      • Like Like x 1
    11. stripey
      stripey
      Ok, I think this version is going to stick until first round selections come around... injuries aside I only expect rookies to change, except only $18.1k in the bank which might be a bit tight for rookie corrections upload_2020-2-6_11-6-42.png
      • Like Like x 1
    12. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Just an observation from afar, but notice most are loading up on FWD/MID usual suspects, but few seem to have a MID/FWD rookie to take advantage of this.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. stripey
      stripey
      I'm not really that worried about the DPP aspect except for my R/F. It turns out a couple of the likely top scoring rookies have DPP this year which makes it easy. I think most years people will save the MID spots for pure MID rookies as generally the DPP rookies will be the top scoring rookies in the other positions..

Till the JLT/Marsh its all speculation anyway...
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Nick
      Nick
      I think Smith v Steven will be a very large debate this preseason. Essendon’s lesser midfield depth and the fact Smith is in the leadership group has him ahead for mine at present. However will watch Geelong preseason mids minutes closely.

GWS mids are also a concern for mine - anyone thought about what the returning Ward will do to Taranto’s scoring? Ward is also cheap at 511k. Will he be back round 1?
      • Like Like x 1
    15. IPOD
      IPOD
      Too much risk vs reward for Smith& Steven? I think Ward may take some mid time & point off Taranto gonna stick with Whitfield & Kelly as my GWS picks
    16. Iain
      Iain
      Good looking side Len, pretty much the same set-up as me so far just with one premo defender and forward swapped so can’t really say too much about it. Is Gawn injured at the moment? I vaguely remember reading something about that but I have to admit I haven’t started really getting into it yet this year. Foley I haven’t heard much about, and Schoenberg I would have thought would be behind McHenry but not 100% sure.

Your DEF rookies interest me, I haven’t been paying attention to any of Brander, Rivers or Gould so will be quite interested to see how they go in the preseason games. Massive midfield, usual issues with that though I guess, those being that is where a lot of the easy cash generation comes from traditionally so you risk missing out a bit there. Parker could be a great POD if he bounces back. Rozee I’m not sold on for a second year player, but then again I had Walsh sitting in my team for a fair while too so can certainly see why you’d want to take a punt. Forward line a bit too light for my tastes but I had a shocking season last year so I could easily be in the wrong again. Cockatoo especially just too risky for mine. Some nice picks overall mate.

Sicily burnt me a bit last year, hopefully he can bounce back this season and play a bit more consistently, from memory it was the work forward that killed his scoring. Simpson and Mead another couple I haven’t really been tracking so will have to keep an eye on them now. Oliver could be great value to bounce back, I don’t think the Dees can go backwards at least. Lynch is an interesting one here as well, not sure I can see him making a big jump in scoring myself, any particular reason you have him?
    17. Iain
      Iain
      So here's my current draft, haven't been paying anywhere near enough attention to SC as yet but will start over the weekend I reckon. Pretty much all rookies are placeholders for now until the preseason games start but still certainly open to hearing opinions on which ones are more/less likely to play early on. Also not sold on both Doggies mids for the byes but I'll see how the other premos go in preseason too, will need to generate a bit more cash for correction trades anyway.
      SC.PNG
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    18. stripey
      stripey
      Lynch's second half of the season was significantly better than the first, he averaged 95.5 post bye including the finals.

Three main reasons behind the poor start were 1- he barely had a pre-season due to his knee, 2- he was still learning the Tigers leading patterns etc, and 3- the Tigers really struggled early due to a lot of injured players. I think the second half of the season is more representative of what to expect from him, especially with an aging Riewoldt leaving him to be the big banana in the forward line. He might not end up in the top ten forwards for the year but he'd have to come close as I really feel he has upside based on the above.
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Iain
      Iain
      Interesting. Might be a good POD if you are using him to generate some cash while keeping decent scores on the park then. Obviously you're going to want to the top 6 forwards by the end of the year but at his price looks like a decent punt. I like it.
      • Like Like x 1