Rate My Team 2020

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jan 27, 2020.

By stripey on Jan 27, 2020 at 9:47 AM
  1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Ok I'll get it started... Rate My Team (RMT) is back for 2020!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's my current version of the team just to get you started... be gentle

upload_2020-1-27_9-46-40.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Jan 27, 2020.

1. stripey
      stripey
      I don’t have it in front of me but I think he plays most of the first half of the season at the G too

he has actually averaged 93 before in an average GC team so I really can’t see why he can’t get back there
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Iain
      Iain
      Just don't lose faith if he gets towelled up by the Blues in round 1 :thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    3. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Questions for mine on Docherty ( I have him) Martin (same) and Coniglio - lots of mid class at GWS - who will fly this year ? Doc long time out really ? Martin - Car stayed at G car park most of the spring & summer !
      • Like Like x 2
    4. stowie
      stowie
      Not my squad, I've got Pickett in the MIDs and Dusty up forward and that is all so far! Thought I'd post the "most vanilla" squad (I'm guessing using ownership %) from the Herald Sun.

[​IMG]

I feel like this isn't a bad way to start out and then squash in some of your more unique picks and flick some rookies around once the Marsh stuff starts.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Nick
      Nick
      Very solid team will all sound selections, you've gone an extra premium in defence over mids which is one way to go, and with all the defensive options this year may prove to be the right choice.
      3 starting rookies in the fwd line could cause some pain as this is where the score will be more inconsistent - I would try to get a midpricer at F4.
      Rookies will present themselves but Hibberd is injured.
      I also think there are better fwd rookie options than Cameron, like M Greg or Dylan Williams for Port.
    6. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my latest iteration before the pre-season games kick off. Happy to squeeze a potential keeper into F4 and still have a decent M5, as well as having the DEF/FWD and MID/FWD DPP links.

Would love to pick Rozee instead of Wingard but don't have the stones just yet.

upload_2020-2-20_9-29-52.png

Attached Files:

7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Version 243 / B

I feel the changes-a-coming !!!
      upload_2020-3-10_12-57-14.png
    8. Filthy
      Filthy
      First draft.
      (Haven't played SC since 2014 so a bit rusty.)
      Without referencing anything or intending to, perhaps it looks a bit formulaic?
      Still looking for POD's.
      Thoughts? Comments?!

Screenshot_2020-03-12 My Team - The Herald Sun KFC SuperCoach.png
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    9. Filthy
      Filthy
      Looking at the other posts now.
      Funny Micksdemons - I have Docherty, Martin and Coniglio in my side.
      Perhaps tempted to go against the flow and risk Martin or Gawn having slow starts or lower than average scoring at the start of the year.
      Lots of reliance on GWS players and rookies this year. With Taranto and Ward out for at least the first month it will be interesting how T.Green or Ash go.
      No such thing as cheap rookies anymore, I'm surprised how quickly the cash went.
    10. headmandude
      headmandude
      I like the Ceglar inclusion. I’ve done it myself.
      Also like your premos in the misfield. Mind you, I only share two in common. Good work!

How confident are you that Daniel has as good a season as last year???
    11. headmandude
      headmandude
      Looks as solid as you would want it too be. Not too many risks and if all goes well, no need to make too many changes early on.
      Murphy’s law says it won’t go well.
      After having Dusty a few times over the years, I’m not comfortable with his price. Has given me too many down weeks.
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Team looks pretty good to me. If enough cheap (under 130k) rookies are named for R1, you might be able to reduce the number of slightly more expensive rookies that you currently have and upgrade someone to a keeper. I guess we're all afraid of there not being enough decent rookies available for R1 at the moment.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Decent lineup but I don't like your F5 or F6 much. Think you would be better off with Darcy Cameron and spend the extra cash elsewhere.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Jason
      Jason
      This is my current team. Let me have it folks.
      Capture.JPG
      Even if Doedee doesn't come up for R1, he should be right for R2 and I don't want to have to waste a trade getting him later.
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    15. choppers
      choppers
      I don't think Doedee plays Rd1 and maybe even Rd2, but you can slot McAsey or Ash in there hopefully. None of us know which rooks will make it. Time will tell. Pretty strong FWD line allows both Smith and Steven into MID. Not sure if I like that or not. hmmm! Pretty solid team.

EDIT: This was posted before Jason added the Doedee bit.
    16. Jason
      Jason
      See above re: Doedee.
      If Steven and/or Smith go well enough to be FWD keepers, they move back to that line eventually during upgrade season.
      Just don't appear to be enough solid MID rookies to put any more onfield, hence the two mid-pricers.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Wow, sure is quiet around here.
    18. IPOD
      IPOD
      My team has some similarities to yours although i thought it strange to have Darcy Caeron as your R3 rather than your F8 and get a cheap non playing R/F as your R3 and then if Cameron is playing you can use him in the fwd line or move him to the ruck if Grundy or Gawn are missing at any one time. Having said that and im not sure what will be happening with the byes but Gawn and Grundy will have same byes like normal will that affect your Byes strategy...?
      I think Macpherson also an interesting selection along with Steven & D.Smith in the mids when they have the ability to be fwds. Do you cash available ....? Maybe move McPherson on for One of Steven and/or Smith and move left over coin on another gun mid....?
    19. IPOD
      IPOD
      cant upload a pick for some reason but here goes
      Backs - Stewart, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young (freo), Greaves, Zerk - Thatcher, Gould
      MIds- Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Rowell, Tom Green, McHenry, Pickett, Starcevich, Devon Robertson, Budarek.
      Rucks - Grundy, Goldy, Comden
      Fwds - Whitfield Walters, Greene, Dev Smith, Brander (WCE), Darcy Cameron, Rankine, Taylor
      with 177k in the bank
    20. headmandude
      headmandude
      Jack Steven unlikely to play