2020 ORFFA PSD Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TheTassieHawk, Jan 1, 2020.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The Nuffers are keen on getting additional picks in the top 35.

Depending on the pick/s offered we can package a combination of 2020 PSD picks 55, 73 and 91, our MSD 2nd rounder as well as the Nuffers 2021 PSD 2nd rounder and the Nuffers and lefties 2021 PSD 3rd rounders.

Hit me up via pm if you have some draft pick assets you might be interested in shifting.

2. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

After the retirement of Daisy Thomas the Devils have 27 players on their list and need to cut/trade at least three players. As is the usual case at this time of the year CMD have a surplus of midfielders.

Cradle Mountain players that are available:

Chris Mayne mid
    Paul Seedsman mid
    Sam Sturt forward
    David Zaharakis mid

CMD only have five defenders so trading in a defender before the PSD holds the most appeal to me in terms of acquiring a player.

Zaharakis is the player above most likely to remain at CMD, the other three players are available for a late pick upgrade and are likely to be delisted if they are not traded.

The Devils currently have PSD picks 17, 35, 53 and 71.

3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Likely de-lists:
    Kyle Dunkley - F/M
    Tom Joyce - F/M

If you have any interest in either a lateish draft pick will do the trick.

4. TheTassieHawk

OK folks after a couple of slightly ugly but necessary deals the Nuffers have Picks 1, 7, 27, 37, 73 and 91 with the potential to take either 4 or 5 picks in the draft depending on what delisting decisions get made around the deadline.

The Nuffers are fairly set with out current list but would be interested to hear from teams looking to cut young (ie u22) players with a 60's average in 2019 who would prefer to get a pick upgrade of their 3rd round pick. Or similar for slightly older players with a higher 2019 average who are surplus to requirements with better teams.

Finally, if I do take 24 into the draft then I am wanting to package 2020 PSD Picks 73 and 91 together and trade them for a 2021 (future) 5th Round pick. This would be aimed at teams like Iron Knob @jimbowan and Foul Bay @ChiefRussell who would otherwise be picking in the mid 80s to early 100's in the upcoming draft but anyone is free to get in touch with me by pm if they want.

5. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The cows wish to swap 2020 PSD picks #'s 57 and 66 for one 2020 PSD pick.

6. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Hit me up! Will consider all offers. Looking at my squad, probably in a rebuild mindset, so will have a focus on youth and draft picks, whilst trying to ensure my team isn’t a basket case in the next couple of years.

Attached Files:

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for the draft this weekend that I’ll be down in Venus Bay *no reception at the house* (still celebrating 2020 premiership, not preseason yet), so I may be slow taking picks, however will message Lenny a shortlist if I see my pick upcoming when out and about.

Also in saying that, my first round pick is on the market, a future first would be welcome, or maybe a current second round and a swap of future picks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Will put the draft thread up later on this afternoon, keep this thread running for in-draft chat

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 2
  10. Len

I've let bama know

11. Len

emailed Lenny

12. Len

Except it's TTH, whom I have advised also

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I am at pick 11.

It's basketball day for us today, so if Terry picks in the next couple of hours I wont be around until late this afternoon to do my pick.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Len

No worries Jen, if you have two to choose from send them through to me in order and I'll sort it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

The get stuffed count needs to ramp up... seems everyone is happy with everyone’s picks to date

• Like Like x 2
  16. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The first half of the first round of this year’s ORFFA PSD has run to script and I think ORFFA coaches have been realistic about who would be available at their pick. The players selected with the first four picks in the ORFFA draft were selected in the exact same order as the AFL draft with Matt Rowell @ 1, Noah Anderson @ 2, Luke Jackson @ 3 and Lachlan Ash @ 4. The next four selections in the ORFFA Draft were all selected in the top 10 of the AFL draft.

5 Hayden Young (7 in AFL)

6 Tom Green (10)

7 Caleb Serong (8)

8 Dylan Stephens (5)

9 Deven Robertson (22)

Although Robertson slid outside the top 20 in the AFL draft his selection in the top 10 of the ORFFA Draft wasn’t a surprise given he was the Larke medallist at the Under 18 championships last year, had excellent SuperCoach scores and also captained Western Australia to the national title. The second half of the first round and the rest of the PSD is going to be much harder to predict. @Bandit I am confident the ‘Get Stuffed’ comments will ramp up soon when a sought after player is selected a pick or two before an ORFFA coach has their selection.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Len

I'm going to be out till mid afternoon, have reached out to Terry, but didn't get a list of Jen so not much likely to happen until then anyway

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Indeed... I was holding on to hope that he would slide to my pick... but was also not expecting it, so banked the Get Stuffed instead of wasting it!

• Like Like x 3
  19. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Am back from golf - don't even think about asking! Will be here off and on for the next 6 hours. The only event that will slow me down is if my preferred player is gazumped. So I'll get in a few practice "get stuffeds" just in case I need them.

Oh, and Bandit. You came to Auckland and didn't mention it until you'd left. Charming. GET STUFFED.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  20. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

TiB - get royally stuffed.

• Like Like x 3