Rookie Watch! (2020)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Feb 17, 2020.

By Cpt Pugwash on Feb 17, 2020 at 8:15 AM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

With the Marsh Series kicking off on Thursday, here’s our opportunity to discuss this years Rookie options and your report on them.

Here are a few talking points to consider in your assessments:

- Price
    - Position
    - % Team Selection (SC)
    - Role Being Played
    - Stats (SC)
    - Minutes Played
    - Job Security
    - POD (Yeah/Nah)
    - Over Rated (Why?)

And Rate your top 5 Rookies on each line -

5AA3BB58-A94F-4BA9-92F2-FB327B4E4041.jpeg

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Rookies are all stinking it up. I’m warming to multiple slow burn rookies.

Docherty isn’t filling me with confidence either.
    2. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      I think the injury to Blake Hardwick just opened the door for Greaves?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. RPritch
      RPritch
      Agree
    4. stripey
      stripey

Does this open the door for Green?
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Maybe a reshuffle and Ash in????
    6. stripey
      stripey
      Williams seems unlikely for Round 1 which could see Ash come in.. could be a trap though if he only lasts a couple of weeks before going back to the twos
    7. Len
      Len
      Ash will play enough games to give an increase in price, but with "rests" in between
    8. stripey
      stripey
      Yeah I agree with this.. i'm leaning towards starting both him and Green as its hard to see them out of the team for too long and decent scoring rookies seem as scarce as hen's teeth this year
      Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Have to agree with this - was really looking forward to seeing Dylan Williams get a run against the Dogs this weekend, but once again not selected despite being the best performed small/medium fwd on the list in the 2 trials he has played in (intra-club and "under23" game vs Adelaide).
      Mead being held out has also added confusion - he was selected for the "under23" game but was a late withdrawal, which I assumed signalled intention to select him for this Saturday, but now I am at a loss as to when he will get a go
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Who are your LOCK’s and WHY?
    11. Owen
      Owen
      At this stage my locks are players that are going to get a regular game, and it's starting to look dim. Rowell, T Green, M Pickett, Noble (a little more pricey than a rookie but close enough), Gould, M King, Brander, umm... hmm that doesn't seem enough.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Noble is looking handy!
      I think there are three things happening this season:

1. cheap rookies are not scoring great and it could be an issue for upgrades pre byes!
      2. Injured players returning are cheap but need to score to fatten up and upgrade!
      3. Same above for better rookies.

Also, I’m super keen to offload King. But to who is the problem (maybe Sparrow).

Rethinking my 2020 strategy each day.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. stripey
      stripey
      It is definitely looking to year not to start with both Gawn & Grundy... Naismith currently looking like the best rookie for cash generation.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. choppers
      choppers
      You could look at Curtis Taylor and/or Ben Davis. Taylor is having a blinder today and maybe even McAdam will get the nod in Rd1.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. stripey
      stripey

You’re welcome
      • Like Like x 4
    16. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Starting to look like a year where we all may need to consider a higher than normal % of mid-priced/injury reduced price/potential break-out players rather than the usual GnR strategy.

Sparrow has definitely looked good in the Marsh games, but does he fit in to best 22 is the big question.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Sparrow currently sitting as F5 in my team. If not selected, and his higher price tag, should only be a quick swap and no issue with looking for cash for another rookie!

Will update my ever evolving team in RMT shortly. Happy to get your feedback.
    18. stowie
      stowie
      Just the usual suspects I think, R1 teams gonna be interesting.

Roberton, Noble, BZT, Starcevich, Brander, Gould
      Rowell, Green, McHenry, Pickett
      Bonar, Rankine, King, Budarick
    19. stripey
      stripey
      I am likely to have Williams in defence (apparently he trained up a storm last night and would be the preferred backup for NicNat in the ruck). I actually feel he is one of the safer ones along with BZT and Brander.
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash