2020 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Oct 30, 2019.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

It might to you, but I'm totally confused....then again, that's nothing new.........

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Righto, so it looks like I was kinda clever back in September and clarified things a little bit - essentially to what EE mentioned.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/poll-a-change-to-the-list-changes-rule.90507/page-2

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/poll-a-change-to-the-list-changes-rule.90507/page-2#post-218419

So the 2020 PS period and 2020 MS period will not be effected.
    Come the end of the 2020 MS period (or end of the 2020 regular season, which is effectively the same thing) each team will have a list of 28 players.
    Across the 2021 PS and 2021 MS periods is when the changes need to be made. So by the end of the 2021 MS period there must be a minimum of four new players on each team list, compared to the end of the previous years' MS period.
    This will continue on for each subsequent year.

(I really hope this doesn't get too complex to administer.)

3. choppers

And what happens at the end of the MS period if a number of coaches haven't made the obligatory 4 changes to their squads.

• Like Like x 1
  4. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I reckon we close trading say two days before the draft. We can then work out who hasn’t made 4 changes and those coaches would have to take mandatory MSD selections. Any trades then made after the MSD but before the GF would all be above and beyond the mandatory 4 list changes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JPK

That works...

6. eagle_eyed

Can some one please post the league code for SC? I wasn’t in last year but have been pulled back in :D

7. JPK

8. eagle_eyed

Cheers, White Line Fever are in :thumbsu:

• Like Like x 2
  9. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

So I'm assuming that say if you delist 4 players, draft 3 new ones and re-draft 1 player then you wouldn't meet this rule? Perhaps it should be 4 players out?

10. choppers

At the end of our 2020 ORFFU season, we will all have 28 players on our list.

We all then have until the end of the 2021 MS period to make sure we have 4 different players on our list, to the one with which we finished 2020 season. That's how I read it, and did you see how I made sure I didn't end a sentence with a preposition....;););)

PS: I've since re-read @fresh post and see where he's coming from....some clarification maybe needed here....but not tonight as the Jameson's is starting to kick in...o_O

11. JPK

Stop being bloody difficult :mad::mad::mad:
    Yes ok, redrafting the same spud you just dropped (who wasn't good enough for anyone else to pick up) will be allowed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

It appears I've joined twice, can you delete the 17th team as i think this is the error.

13. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Tried to join the SC league but it says it's full? Do we have some non-ORFFU members who have joined...

14. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@Tomster Batfink has joined twice so until the admin for the league removes one you won't be able to get in.

15. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

I have left the league, so you should be able to join. I'll attempt to re-join when the other one of me is deleted/removed.

16. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Let me check and I can boot if needed!!

On another note, can we have a mini/top up draft like the AFL is considering??

17. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

18. JPK

Based on what? How would you propose we do it?

My first thought is no.
    Once the season starts (assuming it does with the Blues-Tigers game on Thursday), then our teams are locked in, and the next available opportunity to modify playing lists will be during the mid-season break.
    I would suggest that we stick to this (assuming the AFL schedule does not change - if it does then we'll have to readdress). In this way, even if AFL clubs are restocking players on an ad-hoc basis, we're not doing the same thing, and any player that is unavailable (which I'd hate to see, but think its inevitable), will just have to be considered as any other "injured" player.

Short of introducing a weekly opportunity for 'FU clubs to replace players from the FA list, I just can't see how we'd manage it. Who gets first pick at any new player(s) brought in to cover CV-effected players? Is it the reverse ladder order like the MSD, or by quantity of 'FU players missing, or by some other means? Then, if we have a top-up in week 4, and one team loses a couple of players in week 6, do we have another top up, and again, based on what order?
    There's just way too many variables for me to think this'll work and be fair and even. I think we're all just going to have to live with the fact that more of our players might not play 22 games this year. But like everything else, this will be a fluid discussion and decision, which could be likely to change at any given time...

I'm fully open to all opinions / ideas though.

• Like Like x 4
  19. choppers

I agree with your assessment.... leave it as is and treat any player missing as an "injured" player.
    This affects all teams so it'll just be pot luck if any team loses a player.

• Like Like x 2
  20. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Sounds good JPK, was just opening the discussion and had no way of offering a solution to something that doesn't exist at the moment.