ORFFL - 2020 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 22, 2020.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Can we just start follow our established H&A draw and see how far we get? Ignore the byes and see if we get far enough to produce something that could be the basis of next year's draft?

Not sure how a MSD would work; but there are almost certain to be weeks without footy when we could have some fun. There may be precious little fun in our real lives. :(

2. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Top scoring team for whatever rounds we do achieve seems a reasonable compromise...

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Not sure who did this year's ORFFL fixture.

The one currently loaded in tsLeagues has R1 to R17 with no scheduled games from R18 onwards. There are no gaps for byes in the currently loaded fixture.

4. stripey

Sounds like it will be perfect then?

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Should be fine based on what we currently know about this year's AFL season. But things could change quickly I guess.

6. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

If the season goes more than 12 rounds I think we should keep whatever the last two weeks as finals with just a top four Need to give the pyrite a chance to defend their title.

7. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Season going ahead which I like for my own interests, but 16 minute quarters pisses me off. Whoever wins the real flag this year, if we get that far, has a massive asterisk next to it.

8. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Luckily for us we're SC nuts, not one of those DT splitters (*spits*) so scoring should at least be consistent.

Happy to work it with no finals or no MSD as the fixtures/games played dictate.

In reality, footy season should probably be suspended but gotta protect that broadcast money...

• Like Like x 1
  9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@EddieV - you have Nick Larkey as a I/C E but you traded him for Bonar who you have also selected. Nice try at having it both ways. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. port_leschenault

I think he's left him there (Larkey) as he wasn't coming up a double up when checking, so Eddie didn't refresh team selection after trade

11. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Trying to get as many North players in my team as possible thought I had changed it we'll try the refresh option. I have deleted him from my team list though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Well with Kreuzer down and the rest of the Blues still shit, guess that's season over for both my teams. Was fun while it lasted.

13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

In these troubled times though it would be nice to record that @Lucas broke the 1500 barrier in round 1. Very well done.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I guess my Carona has not yet hit Humpty Doo. Good thing too.
    Stay safe ladies and gentlemen

15. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

Will stats be loaded for Round 1?

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I think it typically done 5 days before the next round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, they will be, though I'm currently working full time and as of last week, homeschooling 4 kids and looking after the wife so it's fallen to the back burner a little.

I've got the fantasy data pulled, but the afl changed their format on me, so I need to find the time to work those stats into the upload before I can get it all in

• Like Like x 2
  18. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Family comes first Chief.....always.:thumbsu:

• Like Like x 1
  19. stripey

personally I think I'll be happy if I never see the result of last weeks debacle...

20. port_leschenault

Looking to the future a bit: this fantasy season may have to be scrapped completely and we may end up only have one round, maybe a few more rounds played at best. In which case, how do we determine how we continue on next season?

My idea: go by home and away fixtures from last year, combining whatever is played this season as well. Then using some sort of lottery formula similar to what is used in the NBA, which is weighted towards teams on the bottom, we determine who picks 1-10 each round. Teams in the top 8 just go on reverse ladder.

So it is a cross between just making a complete random draft which doesn't help equalisation and making it so it's not guaranteed that the same teams are getting the best drafting positions two years in a row.

It's just an initial idea, I imagine we're going to have a lot of time to think about things for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 1