2021 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Dec 29, 2020.

1. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
    The man, the myth, the legend is back!
    .....drum roll.....
    HOOOOOOOLKYYYYYYY!
    Welcome back to the Whalers and the FU @HOLKY

• Like Like x 7
  2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

About bl**dy time.....:p:p:p

and a big thank you goes to @Len for filling in and looking after the team....

• Like Like x 5
  3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

wha??

Welcome back @HOLKY

• Like Like x 1
  4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Hey guys, I'm back. And it seems like I missed delisting in the PSD. Expecting to do a lot during the MSD then :D

• Like Like x 5
  5. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Feel free to chat trades mate, I need help!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Unf I found out too late mate, and precedent meant I couldn't throw a few more on the fire prior to draft..

• Like Like x 1
  7. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Yeah, I blinked out for a while and only found out this was back on when the draft was basically just about to start. But by that stage I had so much else on with my life that I had to tag out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

can someone (no pressure @fresh) please help out with the Honour Roll thread? I've updated to include everything i could find for last year, but dont know who finished where on the ladder etc.
    Cheers.

9. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

If no one else gets to it this arvo I can have a look tonight, fairly sure I have all the data...unfortunately stuck in meetings for the next 2 hours and have a cob today deadline for some work I'm not very successfully trying to finish off

• Like Like x 1
  10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Gentlemen, the byes are rounds 12-13-14 this year, so unless there's any major objections, we'll run the mid season period as follows:

Sunday 30 May - Completion of round 11
    Monday 31 May - Mid Season Trades open 08:00 (all times EST)
    Thursday 10 June - Delistments complete 20:00
    Friday 11 June - Mid Season Draft begins 08:00
    Wednesday 23 June - Mid Season Trades close 20:00
    Thursday 24 June - Round 15 starts.

Is it easier for most people to have the draft run across a weekend or during the week?
    If its easier during the week, then we can move Delistments to Sunday 13 and MSD opening to Monday 14, which is still plenty of time.

• Like Like x 9
  11. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

It’ll be interesting to see how many picks are taken mid season; I’m thinking mid 30’s. At the moment we have 10 mandatory picks, although that may change if there are any trades done pre draft.

It’d pay for coaches to check the list changes thread to ensure it’s accurate. I’m pretty sure I’ve captured everything from the completed trades thread but you never know.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2021-list-changes.90805/

• Like Like x 3
  12. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Looks good @JPK
    No issue either way if it's during the week or over the weekend, both options suit me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

During the week is my preference. Looking forward to it.

Also open to ANY trades at the moment!

14. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Happy either way

15. JPK

Alright then, we'll make it a weekday thing - I don't think we'll run out of time, as there's probably going to be around 30 picks taken... Also gives us more pre-draft trading opportunities (which is where most of the action normally is)

Sunday 30 May - Completion of round 11
    Monday 31 May - Mid Season Trades open 08:00 (all times EST)
    Sunday 13 June - Delistments complete 20:00
    Monday 14 June - Mid Season Draft begins 08:00
    Wednesday 23 June - Mid Season Trades close 20:00
    Thursday 24 June - Round 15 starts.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  16. JPK

Ok, so the AFL have done us a huge favour and postponed the Suns-Hawks game this weekend. They've given both sides an early bye, while SC is making it a best 18 approach.

Last year, if I remember correctly, when the Dees-Dons game was postponed we went with whatever @walesy found easier for TSL, which was giving each effected player his average. This is one option.
    Another option is the cop it sweet and cover the missing players with the rest of your squad option, which I think is the way we should go (and I'm badly effected by this, with T Miller and J O'Meara out of my side, although Miller was injured 2 weeks ago, and if JOM happenedto miss the same game then I'dbe in the same boat with no out, which is why I advocate the "suck it up" approach).
    The third and most complex option is to make it a best 13 round, or something similar.

What does everyone think?

17. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I only have one player (Phillips) so not a huge effect for me but I’m fine if the decision is to cop it.

18. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a bit like what @insider mentioned in a recent match report......the wheels are starting to fall off.

If the Gold Coast-Port fiasco in China wasn't bad enough for just a couple of teams, a few years back, we now have another scenario where some teams will be disadvantaged while some will gain an advantage.
    I now have Greenwood Markov and Collins missing, none of which is my doing, but which I may be able to cover, depending on teams dropping tomorrow, while my opponent has Greaves Wingard and Lewis missing, whilst trying to deal with another 6 out with injuries........so no way is this a fair battle......but it is what it is and I don't envy anyone trying to come up with a solution which is fair for everyone, unless we just cancel the round totally and go into our draft/trade period....and come out in Rd15 all guns blazing

That said, I'm now off to see if I can find a way to stop the wheels from falling off....I don't like my chances.

19. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like yad or I are significantly impacted for this weeks matchup so don't have too much of a vested interest but for me while it is only 1 game its similar enough to the old GC/port setup and makes sense to go with same rules

20. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I have about 6 GC Players, only 1 or 2 of them probably playing anyhow, so no biggy. One Hawk, but Im at the bottom of the ladder and would lose this week with a full team anyhow!

I say we play with what we have.