ORFFL 2021 MSD Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by graeme, May 31, 2021.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

MSD Draft and Team Sheet Below

I suggest we keep the PSD as simple as possible. If there is disagreement with this approach that is fine. I am more than happy to stand aside and let someone else manage the draft process.

The rules are simple:

· The draft will commence at 7pm AEST on Thursday the 10th of June. Participation is voluntary as all teams have already de-listed 6 players this season.

· Trading starts now and ends 24 hours before the PSD (i.e, at 7pm AEST on Wednesday June 9th). Trades to be entered in this thread and signed-off by the other party(ies).

· Delists must be tabled by 7pm Wednesday June 9th AEST; they must be clearly stated in this thread and the delist is then final. When you delist the onus is on you remove the player from your team list so he moves to FA list.

· There is no limit on the number of players you can de-list or draft. However, there is a league requirement to have a maximum of 26 players after the draft.

· MSD order is based on the reverse of ORFFA table after round 11 of the 2021 season (i.e., 18th has the first pick from the FA list). Len will provide a spreadsheet with pick order before the draft commences.

· You have twelve (12) hours to make your pick before the next pick on the list becomes active. The time limit is not active between midnight and 6am AEST. It would be helpful if all participants contribute to keeping the draft moving. Please try to @ people, but it is a "condition" of the draft that you check in frequently. It is the member's responsibility to add the player to your playing list immediately after recording the selection in the PSD thread.

· There will be no auto-pick. Should you not meet the twelve-hour time limit for your pick, you can make your selection from those still available on the Free Agent list when you are next "present"*. The incentive to follow the draft is pretty clear. As well as the 2021 AFL MSD rookies there are some desirable players on the FA list.

· If there happen to be any disputes, I will be the sole arbiter.

· If I have missed something or you want clarification, please ask.

* We used this approach in the 2020 MSD and it seemed to work well. I understand that an autopick is a rule of ORFFA. However, I would like to trial the skipping of a missed pick with the right to re-enter the draft in the 2021 MSD. We can debate amending the rules – if that is deemed necessary – during the season.

E&OE

@graeme
    @Len
    @Bearfly
    @Doobs
    @Johnson
    @Iain
    @stripey
    @thokash
    @TerryinBangkok
    @Black Cat
    @snoz
    @EddieV
    @HörnsySechsZeit
    @port_leschenault
    @Lucas
    @walesy
    @Gumby
    @Jason

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Cheers Gears!

The Dookie Chargers, without any delay, would like to delist Shaun McKernan and Tom Rockliff.

You will both be "missed".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

OK
    I've embedded the draft sheet into the OP.
    Note that only the first ten tags in any post works (if they work)
    So please reach out to anyone who may miss this and let them know.
    ALSO
    The AFL MSD is June 2, so any player selected there will be an AFL listed player well before this draft starts on the 10th June and therefore eligible to be selected.

• Like Like x 2
  4. snoz

snoz Moderator

@graeme & @Len - based on this trade earlier in the year, MSD #19 moves to Jan Juc from Warbuton.

Trade:
    Warburton sends Noah Balta, 2021 MSD 2nd, 2022 PSD 4th & 2022 PSD 5th to Jan Juc for our 2022 PSD 1st rounder, 2022 6th rounder & Luke Brown.

5. snoz

snoz Moderator

Also putting up for trade offers:

Jackson Hately, Ade Mid. 20 yrs old
    Brad Hill, StK Mid. 27 yrs old
    Callum Brown, Col Fwd, 23 yrs old

Open to all offers, MSD picks, PSD picks or other young players.....

6. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

All players up for trade, even Max Gawn if you're prepared to bring the kitchen sink.

Are there any other players atm other than Mason Wood who aren't in the db for 2021?

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@walesy does a rollover process which in theory picks up every player as at a certain date.

Then the most likely players to be missed are the SSP pre-season selections, MSD pickup and any other players that get added through the year including Category B pickups.

It would be difficult to check without the great man doing another compare to the SuperCoach player database which I am sure he will be doing as part of the next post MSD update, but not sure if the timing of that with respect to rounds 12 and 13 and the upcoming ORFF* MSD’s.

In the meantime if anyone wants to jump on Wikipedia and do some checks of the listed SSP’s and other late additions in the 2020 AFL draft page they may be able to confirm if it appears good to go apart from Mason Wood.

8. Len

Can you please point me to the post so I can see what else is around it? I did have a quick look but there was so much crap in amongst the important stuff I will have missed something for sure

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Len - it’s the 8th thread down, titled ORFFL 2021 Trade thread. Only two posts, mine and EddieV’s confirming the trade.

10. Len

lol. that's because they were all posted in the bloody chat thread, something I'd like to avoid next PSD.. will adjust now, ta

• Like Like x 2
  11. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Warburton delist s.hill

• Like Like x 1
  12. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Pick 1 in msd available for trade also

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Dragons delist:

B. Laurie
    R. Clarke

• Like Like x 1
  14. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I'll be doing a compare in the next rollover, bringing any newly drafted players from SC into TS with their prices/position.

• Like Like x 4
  15. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The glamas de-list:
    W Hamill - D
    O Henry - F

Maybe more to come

• Like Like x 1
  16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The stats have been updated but assume no rollover yet as the afl msd draftees are absent. I know you have time constraints @walesy but any chance the rollover update will occur before Thursday evening?

17. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

19. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Hammers delist Daniel Talia. Thanks for your service. Someone might get a bargain here :)

• Like Like x 1