ORFFL - 2021 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by graeme, Feb 9, 2021.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that is a high scoring affair! Don't feel so bad losing to the Glamalamadingdong last week now. :p

2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Game on indeed @thokash - let's hope there are no Ross Lyon type selections

3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@walesy - would it be possible to update the afl fixture list start times please? Oh, and a Matchday entry for MAL v TAB would be useful - albeit I am happy to settle right now for joint winners.

4. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Yeah would be good to get the game away I guess, although lost another midfielder so not minding the joint winners plan!

5. port_leschenault

Cutting it fine but the fixture is uploaded, shouldn't affect the teams you've submitted.

Added the Ade v Nth game as lockout so hopefully Big W gets onto that

• Like Like x 1
  6. port_leschenault

Added Kash as an admin to the league, Graeme was already there. Hoping that helps you guys circumnavigate any early lockout and that you'll both keep each other honest with loopholing.

7. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Thanks @port_leschenault appreciate the thought behind putting us both on an even footing - makes a lot of sense.

8. thokash

Thanks for nothing Gold Coast, letting Dawson, Franklin, Hickey and Parker combine for over 500.

Don't think there's a whole lot of integrity problems, we barely have 30 players available between us!

• Like Like x 2
  9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Yep @thokash must admit I got pretty lucky having the swans drawn against gold coast. However, Wil Powell and Harry Cunningham did not perform up to expectations and let you back into the tie.

10. thokash

So I've definitely moved Close out of my starting lineup before 7:25pm lockout but it didn't save for whatever reason

11. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Try again kash, should work

12. thokash

Still looks locked currently, can fix it after the round if we want I would have moved him to MID E just in case he was required

13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I thought you would change Charlie for Close when he got to 60.

14. thokash

Yeah pretty much, but had to also see what Rotham scored to know whether to put him on interchange or not

15. thokash

After a couple of crazy AFL matches on the day, it's the Glamas currently leading the Magicians at the close of play on Saturday.

Glamas are really riding the rollercoaster with some scores up around the 150 mark, while also copping plenty of scores around 50. The Magicians are just hanging in there pacing a ~90 average and with ground to make up on Sunday.

Glamas 1093/12 vs Magicians 897/10

Marshall, Heppell and Serong to come for the Glamas vs Maynard, Doedee, Sloane, Seb Ross and Hind for the Magicians.

16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Seem to me @thokash that the scores you have posted assume you were able to loop Charlie Cameron (post #150). Should the match end up close (no pun intended), you and I might have differing views on whether the looping was successful. Let's hope it does not come down to that and our remaining players decide the fixture by their actions.

17. thokash

Yes I have assumed that, clearly that was the intent and by your replies I thought we were on the same page as we immediately tried to resolve the issue. tsLeagues isn't always perfect, I spent a few minutes fiddling with the team change and when unsuccessful I came and posted in here straight away timestamped 7:25pm. In hindsight should have just been tracking team selections via this thread to avoid all that.

18. thokash

First game of the day has been a real dagger to the Magicians, Ross scoring a pitiful 37 and Marshall and Serong tonning up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. thokash

The voodoo doll must have been getting a real workout today with another severely under par 47 from Maynard ruling out any chance of a Magicians comeback.

Not an official result yet but congrats @graeme and the Glamas for claiming the prized ORFFL Jar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Apologies Kash, have not answered your posts as I have been a bit tied up. Quite surprised how this turned out. Only got into the eight in the second to last week of the H&A season. Think the glamas have had 12 straight wins.

Commiserations @thokash , to lead virtually the whole of the year and then under perform in the final must be very disappointing. Your post after the semis now seems very prophetic. You'll be back better and more bad next year.