TS Fantasy NBA 21/22: Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Sep 19, 2021.

By anthak on Sep 19, 2021 at 4:13 PM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Exactly one month now until opening night of the 2021/22 NBA season, and we're back for another season of fantasy NBA here at TooSerious!

Please comment below if you are wanting to play this season.

This will be our 12th season running TS Fantasy NBA leagues!!
    Usually we have had four leagues of 12 teams in each, with promotion/relegation each season. However, last season we dropped down to three leagues of 12.
    Last season's promotion/relegation results can be found here.

Former champions of the Premier League are:
    20/21: @HEAVER
    19/20: @Steve *unfinished season
    18/19: @bgt2110
    17/18: @anthak
    16/17: @stowie
    15/16: @stowie
    14/15: @stowie
    13/14: @Mick
    12/13: @Ruddy
    11/12: @Jasmine
    10/11: @dabombers

For those who are new, we use the ESPN platform.
    We will run with the same points system, settings and promotion/relegation setup as last season.

Here is a timetable for the next few weeks (subject to change):

Sunday Sept 19th (today): Expressions of interest open;
    Sunday Oct 10th: Aim for leagues to be finalised, with all invitations sent;
    Sunday Oct 17th: Draft;
    Tuesday Oct 19th: Opening night.

Please post in the comments if you are keen to play this season.

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Sep 19, 2021.

1. anthak
      anthak
      Im ok with it being either way. As I mentioned, it was never decided to be set up that way, it was just an auto setting when we first set up the leagues which has carried over.
      I sent an email to all league members yesterday asking for people to let us know what they thought we should do, but havent heard from anyone yet. Let's wait and see what others think.
    2. crossy
      crossy
      I would prefer to leave the rule as it has been for the past 10 years.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      Stats to consider with the C question.
      The top 180 players by Fantasy Points average (i.e. 15 per team) includes 25 Cs and 12 C/PFs. Also 1 PF/C and 1 PF/SF/C (Thaddeus Young who probably won't be fantasy relevant this season).
      I think I've only had the C restriction prevent me from making a waiver-wire pick up once, and that was for a one-day streaming option. But still, I'm sympathetic to the idea of removing the restriction.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. tasho
      tasho
      I’d be happy for it to be changed. Hoarding centres shouldn’t be an issue as you can only ever play 4 C at a time anyway and there are Pf/C eligible players. Doesn’t make much sense to have it, but also as pointed out previously, removing it wouldn’t really change much

something I am interested in, and not for this year obviously, but what are peoples thoughts on third round reversal in drafts? There’s always a clear cut 6 or 7 and then the first round gets a bit dodgy. Would give those picking at the end of the first 3 picks inside the top 30, rather than the guys picking at top
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Great to see most people have joined their new leagues.
      There’s still one who hasn’t joined yet though.
      @headmandude let us know if there’s any problems
    6. Jmulldihno
      Jmulldihno
      Heaver nailed it in his response, I am for removing the restriction on Centers.

In regards to Tasho's proposal of 3rd round reversal, I think this has more merit in larger leagues, 16+ teams. There's still plenty of value in 12 team leagues in the 3rd and 4th. Just my 2c..
      • Like Like x 2
    7. smokinjoemisiti
      smokinjoemisiti
      Yep. Have always had it removed in all my other leagues. No good reason for it to be in place.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. anthak
      anthak
      It’s happened to me a fair few times.
      The bit that annoys me about it is the C/PF count as Centre’s, but can be used in the F/PF positions. So it can be handy to have more than 4 sometimes.
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks to those who gave feedback about the rosters, and to HEAVER for raising the issue.
      We have now removed the restrictions on how many centres you can have on your roster.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. uniao
      uniao
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Excellent, hi uniao, we definitely have a spot for you in our Div2 league. We will send you the league invite later today.
    12. anthak
      anthak
      We still havent heard from three of last year's players:
      @rodgo @Danners and @Paul Dolores

After uniao joins, we will still have one available spot in Div2. So if we dont get another confirmed player, then the last spot will be taken by one of these three coaches who are already in the league from last year.

Be great to get one more confirmed though, so please post in here if anyone wants to join.
    13. Danners
      Danners
      Sorry lads for the delayed response but I can’t play this year
      • Like Like x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      no worries mate, thanks for letting us know
    15. anthak
      anthak
      We have sent the league invite to @uniao
      Here is the makeup of our leagues as it stands right now.

Premier:
      1 tyze1, 2 stowie, 3 nicksnow, 4 Rad_E_Cool, 5 Jmulldihno, 6 smokinjoemisiti, 7 costak, 8 crossy, 9 HEAVER, 10 tasho, 11 Bearfly, 12 Mick Webb.

Division 1:
      1 Rev, 2 Lethal, 3 Esther, 4 bgt2110, 5 Steve, 6 anthak, 7 headmandude, 8 dabombers, 9 karlos, 10 Jet, 11 WingMan, 12 Lano24

Division 2:
      1 Eggrobber, 2 Sparks, 3 Jacob Doole, 4 The Royals, 5 @uniao, 6 martyg, 7 KAT4MVP, 8 Daniel Sprigg, 9 Belmont383, 10 @rodgo, 11 Jasmine, 12 Don_Cottagers

@rodgo is a placeholder at present, but will stay in the league if nobody else comes forward between now and Sunday
    16. anthak
      anthak
      @headmandude still needs to join his league too,
      and @uniao who has just been sent their invite
      But everyone else is in.
    17. uniao
      uniao
      I'm already inside
      Cartavio BC
      • Like Like x 1
    18. anthak
      anthak
      Remember everyone, if there are any trades done between now and the draft, just like every year, we will be able to manually push them through to make sure they complete in time for the draft.
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I just realised that now that Karlos has been relegated for this season, @HEAVER is the only one who has been in Premier League every season!
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Also, I hope to do a new post later tonight with the draft results from all three drafts. I have started it, but need to prioritise my job at present