2022 ORFFF Pre season trade discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Jan 27, 2022.

1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Probably should have had this going sooner, anyways here's a space to air your brown gems.

Trade period runs 9am 28 Jan 2022 - 9pm 25 Feb 2022

• Like Like x 4
  2. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Boozers are as usual open for business. Not sure who is even in our team or what picks we have. But if you figure that out, we are open for trades :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  4. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

At some point the worms will crawl out from under the doona and look at their list and picks, for now still enjoying the premiership hangover.

• Like Like x 4
  5. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Okay, so after having a look it seems half my squad are now defenders.

Some FWD strength would be most needed, or the opportunity to get back into the early stages of the draft. Most likely we would be looking at adding some youth and rotating out some older players. Although really things are pretty settled.

Early thoughts on available players include:

Zachary Williams DEF 85
    Hayden Crozier DEF 70
    Sam Petrevski-Seton DEF 63
    Darcy Tucker DEF 59
    Scott Pendlebury MID 90
    Hugh Greenwood MID 93
    Taylor Walker FWD 86
    Steele Sidebottom M/F 87

6. That KI Guy

Noahs are fairly content with balance of squad and will be mainly looking to shed mediocre, aging or dead wood.
    Pick 10 is for sale also.
    After draft picks or a quality fwd.

Names on the block:

Nelson Def
    Francis Def
    Tarrant Def
    AMT Fwd
    JCripps Fwd
    Fisher Fwd
    Xerri Fwd
    Fullarton Fwd
    LMcDonald Mid
    Billings Mid

• Like Like x 1
  7. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Boozers are always up for a trade. We are keen to find some mids as a key priority, and perhaps a back up ruck or another decent fwd.

We have the following draft picks 20,40,46,49,65,81,96

The following players are available all at different values.
    Defs who all play:
    Duryea 21 games ave 75
    Jonas 22 games ave 75
    Aish 22 games ave 68

Mids:
    Pickett 18 games ave 66 - chopping block

Fwds:
    Josh Treacy and Jacob Koschitzke - played 15 and 20 games last year and promising futures - high value
    Fantasia and Castagna - lower value

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

FYI everyone, in case you haven’t seen the latest post in the calendar thread, the end-date for this trade period is likely to be brought forward.

@Dale Duivesteyn please advise further details

9. TheTassieHawk

The 29ers have the perennial problem of too many defenders and not enough forwards

The likes of Wilkie, McCartin, Ballard, Budarick and Chayce Jones are tradeable for a similarly performed and similarly aged forward eligible player or draft picks.

C Sinclair/S Higgins/C Brown/Hayward/B Daniels/B Long are available from the bargain bin – prices vary but all reasonable offers will be considered.

Here is the current list minus Lipinski who is missing temporarily while site rollover issues get fixed.

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...d=0&salary=0&name=&up_code=&tsLeagueTeamId=58

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, A few things the league is thinking of doing this year
    Please sing out if you have any conflicts with this:
    • Extra new trade period mid-season (20-28 April) - This will be just after easter, a small period to make early adjustments to your team.
    • Earlier draft - We are looking at commencing the draft early this year 10am 24th of Feb (which will mean PSD Delistings will be DUE by 10pm 20th of Feb

• In discussion is also Trading of future picks up from one season in advance to two (IE we can discuss next years PSD now - people advise this works well in other leagues, and admin have no issues doing this)

Any input would be appreciative.
    @TheTassieHawk @Darran @Len @stowie @anthak @thokash @Brett Sanders @James84 @That KI Guy @MrsBear @tyze1 @port_leschenault @Bearfly @YAD69 @leematty1

• Like Like x 6
  11. That KI Guy

My thoughts.
    - additional trade period, not a fan as not sure it achieves much. Our current trade periods are timed to allow trading of unequal assets as coaches can then use the proceeding draft to get their list to the required number. A trade period with no draft proceeding would restrict trading of equal assets only. Also, I’m not convinced there would be much activity in an April trade period only a few rounds into the season, would a teams’ premiership fortunes have been shaped that heavily at this point to warrant a trade? In end, not a deal breaker if the board want it.

- earlier start, sure thing.

- trading three drafts ahead, I’m for it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  12. anthak

All sounds ok to me

13. TheTassieHawk

Thanks @Dale Duivesteyn

Just a query on when the current trade period finishes in relation to the delist deadline, ie same time or 1,2,3 days earlier ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dale Duivesteyn

@TheTassieHawk My apologies, that was the only small concern with moving these dates, this would mean the trades close on the 18th of Feb! (8 Days to go!) to stay in line with the leagues requirement to have 3 days between End of Trade Period & Start of Draft

• Like Like x 2
  15. That KI Guy

Can we get some clarity on whether these suggestions are getting the nod?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dale Duivesteyn

Sorry guys, we are just in talks at the moment, I will post tonight

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dale Duivesteyn

Hi League,
    1) Clarity around the draft and trade periods, Dates will remain unchanged (after consideration and the late timing of it, may be something we look at in the future, but no major need to change it so we'll keep as is) we are locking in trades closing 25th Feb and the PSD stating 1st March - As outlined in the Calendar of events.

2) Please advise if an issue, to go live as of NOW
    trading up to 3 draft rounds in advance is allowed (ie: this PSD; MSD; 2023 PSD)

3)We will hold a supplement draft straight after the PSD to draft 2 players each (increasing team sizes to 32, 30 at the end of PSD then supplement draft) we have decent sized squads, I couldn't see us needing to make our lists any larger (no effect to delistings period - continue this as per normal)

3a)This draft will be for recruiting experienced players in the delisted thread (must be in the afl system last year ie: not drafted this year) This pick is to help fill a void for any players that may miss due to COVID this year, so I'd recommend getting someone that will play, if you have a 0 due to any COVID outs, you'll have to tough it out.

4) AND PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANT (I would have put my hand up last year for this if I'd known)- If ANY teams are struggling (I mean I know I have been horrid but the rebuild is almost done I swear I feel like I'm Carltoning this but It's almost there!), PLEASE sing out and Message someone, we don't want people giving up. We'll figure out a way to help! (unsure at this point what we will use to assist, it will be case by case)

• Like Like x 1
  18. anthak

I’ll be delisting some of these players, so please offer me a draft pick for any of them to secure them for your team now and help make my decisions easier :)

Quinton Narkle Mid
    Shane Edwards Mid
    Sam Sturt Fwd
    Jack Riewoldt Fwd
    Steven Motlop Fwd
    Jason Johannisen Fwd
    Max Lynch Ruck

Also, I have just put the following two players up in separate auctions. Please bid there if you’re interested.

Sam Flanders Fwd
    Jack Mahony Fwd

19. anthak

Btw, I intend to only delist 5 of these 9 players, so the better of them won’t necessarily be available unless a good trade is agreed.

20. TheTassieHawk

To confirm are the supplemental players added to the list drafted for the entire 2022 season?

If so this weakens the 2022 MSD draft pool. It would be better if they are drafted until the MSD then released to the FA pool.

• Like Like x 1