ORFFL - 2022 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

This is resting. Beats climbing walls while sitting in a chair.

Does this league still have a pulse?

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

TiB never rests - or he’s bored as fuck !!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

My suggestion would be to give it to whoever is willing and able. I can't do it so would greatly appreciate the efforts of anybody that can, if that means having to deal with decisions being made that I don't agree with then sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I was going to go with whoever wins the rusty sword lottery from the wet shiela in a billabong, but I guess your idea is good too.

(just organise in the off-season for whomever wants to take control, takes control)

• Like Like x 1
  5. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Not sure who is driving the bus but we have hit a bit of a roadblock of late....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@JoshyC - please stop taking the proverbial to ensure you get first draft pick. Not fielding guys, despite their having been selected to play by their afl club, thereby taking donuts is not within the spirit of this league.

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Starting Sloane, Coffield and Cunnington - all out for the season. Tank-Gate ?

8. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I was playing around with the side last week, and didn’t realize interchanges scored. I have updated it for this round

9. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Besides, pick 2 is just as good lol

10. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

with the finals approaching I take it the top 3 teams in order pick there final opponents unless that changed in the last couple of years. if so could those coaches please post on here that they are aware and will be naming their finals opponents. if there is another system now please let me know.
    @Doobs
    @PhilArthur

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  11. TerryinBangkok

Bus Driver?

Conductor maybe?

12. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Gday all, seems someone is going to need to explain the concept to me as I know nothing of choosing finals opponents, I assumed the finals was set following the same structure of the afl, top 4 double chance, bottom 4 elimination finals. Can someone explain the finals set up to me please. Apologies lads all I have been working remote plenty this year and find myself often out of range unfortunately.

13. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

finals explanation top of ladder picks his choice of finals opponent from those finishing 5 -8
    then 2nd picks his opponent from remaining 3 then third picks his opponent. 4th plays who ever is left. was initially done to give a small advantage to finishing top of the ladder.

knockout finals system preliminary finals goes back to highest ranked vs lowest ranked finalist in one preliminary and other 2 winners I the other.

14. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Thanks Eddie, ok then I will eagerly await the decisions of the mighty Glenrowan Gunslingers and Warburton Wanderers. I will stay tuned this week to make that decision. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

finally finals are here. it's been a long rebuild for warburton so are excited to be back amongst it. hoping to generate some excitement and have these finals run smoothly so have proposed the following.

@Doobs hope you are reading this. I am proposing you have til 8pm tomorrow Tuesday night to make your pick of finals opponent from 5 -8. if not made by then 2nd will pick his opponent and then third after that. if a selection hasn't been made and you come online you can pick your opponent on who is left. if anyone has any objections to this format please respond to this with objection.

• Like Like x 1
  16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@EddieV - enjoy your enthusiasm but perhaps you hold your horses until teams 5-8 are confirmed?

17. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

that's fair mostly wanted to check if @Doobs is actually reading any of this

18. TerryinBangkok

No bus driver but we have horses to hold. Has to be a positive.

19. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

3 weeks to glory for any of the top 8
    I do like the ability for the top teams to choose their poison. Always adds a little more spice to events. Would also like to confirm that next week the winner of the game involving top plays winner of the game involving 4.
    Best of luck to competing squads.

20. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

OK final positions are now set and would be nice to have some excitement for the finals match ups. @Doobs hasn't responded if anyone else knows how to contact him please do. I am proposing til 5pm tomorrow Wednesday now to make his selection otherwise 2nd place (which is myself) and then 3rd and 4th places make their selections if @Doobs stays absent. if other think of a better solution or think this is unfair then please say it otherwise my thinking is go with above strategy.

• Like Like x 1