round 17 (AFL 20) Left Footers round

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Aug 13, 2015.

1. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Cradle Mountain Round 17 team

In: Daniel McStay, Steve Johnson, Trent West <p style='margin: 12pt 0cm 0.0001pt;]Out: Toby Nankervis, David Zaharakis, only two as played with 14 last round

[span style='color: #333333;]DEF Nick Smith, Jake Lever, Lee Spurr, Sam Gilbert (Nick Vlastuin) <p style='margin: 12pt 0cm 0.0001pt;]MID Scott Pendlebury, Dyson Heppell, Liam Shiels, Shaun Grigg (David Zaharakis)
    RUC Trent West
    FWD Dayne Zorko, Drew Petrie, Daniel McStay, Adam Goodes (Jack Steele)
    INTER Jack Redden, Steve Johnson (Tom Boyd)

2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

No McGlynn and Greenwood sub. Clearly things I would've fixed if I was in the country last night rather than flying home with the family.

To whomever I am playing - looks like a walkover win might be on the cards if this continues!!

4. grav

grav Guest

dmandrews wrote:

Cradle Mountain Round 17 team

In: Daniel McStay, Steve Johnson, Trent West <p style='margin: 12pt 0cm 0.0001pt;]Out: Toby Nankervis, David Zaharakis, only two as played with 14 last round

[span style='color: #333333;]DEF Nick Smith, Jake Lever, Lee Spurr, Sam Gilbert (Nick Vlastuin) <p style='margin: 12pt 0cm 0.0001pt;]MID Scott Pendlebury, Dyson Heppell, Liam Shiels, Shaun Grigg (David Zaharakis)
    RUC Trent West
    FWD Dayne Zorko, Drew Petrie, Daniel McStay, Adam Goodes (Jack Steele)
    INTER Jack Redden, Steve Johnson (Tom Boyd)
    Your mob are like a freight train this week Dean. Devils 1230/13 vs Lefties 933/11 Think you'd have me even if you put the cue in the rack now.

5. chris88

chris88 wrote:
    No McGlynn and Greenwood sub. Clearly things I would've fixed if I was in the country last night rather than flying home with the family.

To whomever I am playing - looks like a walkover win might be on the cards if this continues!!

OK, so I've figured out I am playing Birdsville, which is grand. I've also figured out that Ben Brown was injured when I played him and now Tyson isn't playing.

So I've named two guys who didn't play, and injured guy who scored 20 and a sub who scored 20. Yet it looks like I'll score almost 1300 if Walters plays well.

What a strange strange week. The walkover might not happen after all.

6. chris88

Also, just a note to Fitzy.

Fitzy - if you aren't going to put Lachie Hunter on the park - or in your squad - please trade him back to me to make me feel a bit happier about his recent good form ....

:)

7. chris88

chris88 wrote:
    Also, just a note to Fitzy.

Fitzy - if you aren't going to put Lachie Hunter on the park - or in your squad - please trade him back to me to make me feel a bit happier about his recent good form ....

:)

* Quietly goes into TSLeagues admin
    *Adds Lachie Hunter back into team.
    *Looks around in hope that no one has noticed.

'Damn it, people have noticed.'

Just a reminder of Lachie Hunter's last four weeks
    125, 120, 85 and currently 60 at half time.

Traded with a couple of picks for the equivalent of Martin Gleeson and Shaun Edwards. Not sure if that's been a great move, despite the efforts of the two guys I've received.

8. J_C

J_C Guest

chris88 wrote:
    chris88 wrote:

OK, so I've figured out I am playing Birdsville, which is grand. I've also figured out that Ben Brown was injured when I played him and now Tyson isn't playing.

So I've named two guys who didn't play, and injured guy who scored 20 and a sub who scored 20. Yet it looks like I'll score almost 1300 if Walters plays well.

What a strange strange week. The walkover might not happen after all. Not sure you've got much to worry about, Chris. My lot look like they were back to their inconsistent best this week. Haven't tallied it up but I don't think I'll get close to 1300 so you should score yourself a W this week.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

Looks like there is no change in the composition of the top eight but the order will change. Fitzy's Vultures looked a little tired - perhaps they had overeaten after their recent despatching of some teams? The Cows once again got lucky and eked out a win despite not being able to field a full team. I think that will mean the Packers finish second and the Vultures superior points for aggregate means they will remain ahead of IK. The bottom half of the top eight is very tight with the possibility that the Battlers drop all the way from fifth to eighth. Yikes. The choice of opponents by the top teams will, as always, be intriguing. Not only for the top eight play-offs but also in the next eight. In some ways it might be harder to select an opponent when the form has been more variable. From memory the choices need to be made before the Tribunal meets on Tuesday (?) or have we moved it to even earlier. If not I would suggest the Match Committee have a look at mandating early decisions from 2016 on.

10. dmandrews

Grav, you were right about the Devils being like a freight train this week, they easily had their best week of the season with a score of 1,418, led by 11 players scoring more than 85 including six with at least 109. With the win Cradle Mountain move to win eight wins and eight losses for the season to place them in strong contention for the title of the 'most middle of the road team' in the ORFFA. If the win can lift them from 12th to 11th they will have an average finishing position of 9.5 out of 18 - exactly in the middle. In order the Devils have finished ninth, 12th, and sixth in the first three seasons of the league, alternating between finishing in the top half and bottom half of the ladder, which has continued in season four. Bring on season five, hopefully the sequence continues and the Devils return to the top half of the ladder. Good luck in the finals Grav, I hope some players from your best 15 return next week. Although only player form the Lefties got in the Les W Medal votes in the final round it was the one right one for you - Todd Goldstein with 3 votes.

11. dmandrews

Simonoz wrote:
    sNoZ in the news.................. http://www.9news.com.au/World/2015/08... Well done sNoZ, that showed a lot of courage to run towards someone on fire and help them. Fantastic performance by you and your family to help give Aussies a good name in the United States.

12. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Charlie's Opening lights go out in the last round... put to the sword by Gariwerd 1077[span class='Apple-tab-span] Charlies Opening[span class='Apple-tab-span] vs[span class='Apple-tab-span] Gariwerd Cockatoos[span class='Apple-tab-span] 1340 5. S. Hill 144 (COS) 4. M. Wallis 138 (GC) 3. C. Guthrie 135 (GC) 2. K. Jack 123 (COS) 1. A. Christensen 108 (GC) Good luck to the teams in the finals... first time in ORFFA history the Spelunkers haven't made it

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hoppers continue to post a score that's not even close..... Lost to the Nuffers 1140 to 1055 Les W Votes: 5. Rocky 145 GG 4. JPK 136 NN 3. Bell 107 NN 2. Palmer 106 NN 1. Cripps 101 GG

14. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Bandit wrote:
    Charlie's Opening lights go out in the last round... put to the sword by Gariwerd 1077[span class='Apple-tab-span] Charlies Opening[span class='Apple-tab-span] vs[span class='Apple-tab-span] Gariwerd Cockatoos[span class='Apple-tab-span] 1340 5. S. Hill 144 (COS) 4. M. Wallis 138 (GC) 3. C. Guthrie 135 (GC) 2. K. Jack 123 (COS) 1. A. Christensen 108 (GC) Good luck to the teams in the finals... first time in ORFFA history the Spelunkers haven't made it Thanks Bandit. With the win, I jumped ahead of you and finished in 9th. Finishing 1 win out of finals, Im now rueing the losses against Gundagai, Wagga and Whitsunday who all finished lower on the ladder to me. Post Mid-Season, I finished the season with consistent scores: 1338, 1310, 1258, 1323, 1302, 1340, averaging 1312 over the final 6 games. But, importantly, on the season, I only managed to beat 2 teams that finished in the top 8, so we're not quite at the level yet. After the Robbie Gray trade, many of you suggested it was almost a certainty that I would make the finals this season, and I tried to say it was not a fait accompli. I would have been disappointed if i had not improved on last season, but I have done that, so I am happy with 2015. Good luck to all of those in the finals!

15. G-Train

G-Train Member

I knew it would be feisty and tbh I thought I had definitely lost, then Sandi and Mundy combined for about 280 and the Packers snuck home over the Misfits, 1204-1184. 5. Sandilands 150 PPP 4. Sloane 145 PPP 3. Mundy 128 PPP 2. Ryder 111 MBM 1. Z Williams 103 MBM

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    I knew it would be feisty and tbh I thought I had definitely lost, then Sandi and Mundy combined for about 280 and the Packers snuck home over the Misfits, 1204-1184. 5. Sandilands 150 PPP 4. Sloane 145 PPP 3. Mundy 128 PPP 2. Ryder 111 MBM 1. Z Williams 103 MBM Your Freo boys killed me mate, I thought I had it but realised on checking where you had Mundy I read Barlow, NFI how :)

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Hoppers continue to post a score that's not even close..... Lost to the Nuffers 1140 to 1055 Les W Votes: 5. Rocky 145 GG 4. JPK 136 NN 3. Bell 107 NN 2. Palmer 106 NN 1. Cripps 101 GG I see your sister almost beat you too. Nice effort mate.

18. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Massive win by the Waikiks - warming up for finals.

19. grav

grav Guest

dmandrews wrote:
    Grav, you were right about the Devils being like a freight train this week, they easily had their best week of the season with a score of 1,418, led by 11 players scoring more than 85 including six with at least 109. With the win Cradle Mountain move to win eight wins and eight losses for the season to place them in strong contention for the title of the 'most middle of the road team' in the ORFFA. If the win can lift them from 12th to 11th they will have an average finishing position of 9.5 out of 18 - exactly in the middle. In order the Devils have finished ninth, 12th, and sixth in the first three seasons of the league, alternating between finishing in the top half and bottom half of the ladder, which has continued in season four. Bring on season five, hopefully the sequence continues and the Devils return to the top half of the ladder. Good luck in the finals Grav, I hope some players from your best 15 return next week. Although only player form the Lefties got in the Les W Medal votes in the final round it was the one right one for you - Todd Goldstein with 3 votes. Cheers Dean. Yep Lefties hosted the Devils and got spanked 1208 - 1418. Votes 5 Petrie (CMD) 141 4 Redden (CMD) 135 3 Goldy (LLL) 122 2 Pendles (CMD) 118 1 Zorko (CMD) 117 Now here's where I downplay my chances in the hope that one of the top three will think I'm a push over. Well, no disguising my failing backline with Gibbo waning, Schofield injured, Duryea on outer and The Gift now officiallyMelbourne's worst player, this all equates to sub 250 output. Add to the mix, no Ceglar, Langford, Selwood or Broomhead and we're scraping the barrel. Lefties now rely on Goldy and all four mids to really fire in order to post a competitive score. As witnessed from last weekend, 358 from the midfield is not gonna cut it. Fingers are crossed that some out of favour/injured players return this week, if not, it will be an early exit regardless of who we play. All this aside, the Lefties are bloody stoked to be playing in their maiden finals series. GO GOONIES!!

20. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Nice job Snoz. Will make for interesting fireside chats. ORFFAN to the rescue! In tribute to your selfless action I suggest you should be given a priority pick in the PSD. I too was on a holiday last week. All I did was eat and drink alcohol.