ORFFA 2015 Finals week 1

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Aug 16, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Geez Ty Vickery .... you almost didn't get a guernsey for the Guim.

Lucky I was too busy to make any changes after about 3pm y'day. Dumb luck

2. chris88

grav wrote:
    jimbowan wrote:
    I put the biggest guy I could find on my roster - Paul Puopolo as ruck I figure at least its a laugh right? :) Thanks to Grav and Len for their very sporting heads up as I am stuck at work working late on an accounting server upgrade, FML No sweat mate. Given the carnage already delivered, it didn't quite sit right with me to take the advantage of Duryea's late call up (at the expense of Hale), without giving you a heads up. Really just want a fair contest. Lefties 406/5 vs Codpieces 350/5 Hodge had a bit of a stinker, though two of my mids have played without tonning up. Should be a tight one. Expecting the performances of Swan and Goldy to be most influential. Good luck for the rest of the weekend Jimbo.

Well played guys.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

looks as though the top 3 picked their opponents in the right order. but 3 of the top 4 have lost anyway!

4. chris88

In a battle of two teams that were significantly weakened by injury, Darraweit have gotten home over Venus Bay 1244-1182.

Both teams were well below their best missing some high quality players to injury. I truly believe that if both teams were at full strength or close to it, Fitzy's Vultures would've beaten the Blimps as they did earlier in the season - they were missing some absolute quality through the mids (guys like Parker, Beams, etc) in particular.

As for the Blimps, with Armitage and Tyson missing and three players combining for less than 100 due to wearing one subs vest or another, I'm still stunned we scored nearly 1250.

Best 5 scorers were:

Kreuzer - VBV - 147
    Vickery - DGD - 143
    Greenwood - DGD - 112
    Martin - VBV - 108
    Gaff - VBV - 101

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Well done chief, too much depth for the Cows. No pressure bud, but a lot of our supporters have had their wool clip cheque on the chooks since the odds were posted. I think you will find we have repeatedly advised people to ignore the overly short odds on my and jimbo's mob and punt your team. I hope there will be no conflict of interest between winning a premiership and paying out my sponsors and supporters?

6. grav

grav Guest

A titanic struggle saw the Lefties prevail over the Codpieces, 1350 to 1235. Jimbo's mob was on the back foot from the get go, with Hale a late out and Hodge and Breust starved for opportunity. Lefties didn't have it all their own way with Gus and Firrito spudding up to keep the ferrous fraternity in the game. In a gripping last quarter, Garland went all flowery while Hill, Priddis, Crameri and Goldy posted triple figures to run away with it. Thanks for a great game Jimbo. As with many victors this weekend, feeling pretty lucky/fortunate to face off vs an injury-ravaged side. A fit Little Master and a full-sized ruck would have been an imposing turn out. Onward to Blimp HQ. Hope I don't freeze my nuts off! GO GOONIES!

7. graeme

graeme Guest

You could not make it up - headline from the NZHearld this morning <h1 id='articleTitle' class='articleTitle' style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 18px; letter-spacing: 0.01em; background-color: #ffffff;]Rampaging cow charges locals in Whanganui<div class='articleMedia c_id1' style='color: #777777; margin-bottom: 20px; background-color: #ffffff;]<figure>[​IMG]<figcaption class='caption' style='color: #666666; width: 620px; margin-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: #cccccc;]Police had to shoot a cow after it rampaged through a Wanganui town this morning. PHOTO: Wanganui Chronicle / Bevan Conley</figcaption></figure> <p style='color: #333333; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #ffffff;]A Whanganui resident, Christopher Piper, was just about to sit down to breakfast this morning when he heard four shots being fired right outside his house.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]Fearing the worst, Mr Piper cautiously peered outside to see police and animal control firing at an out-of-control cow on his front lawn. <p style='color: #333333; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #ffffff;]The cow had been rampaging through Gonville since about 8am, charging pedestrians, cars, and even the police. <p style='color: #333333; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #ffffff;]Constable Luke Cranstone from Whanganui Police said the cow, which appeared to be in calf, started running down Puriri St, charging at anything in its path.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'We got down to Kauri St, and we tried to contain it in an empty section until animal control arrived, but it wasn't interested in that.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'It tried charging me a couple of times and I had to hit it with my baton. It nearly knocked me off my feet.'[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]Mr Cranstone said the cow even 'had a go' at a man in a wheelchair who was crossing the road on a pedestrian crossing.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]Fearing the cow was heading towards Carlton Ave during peak traffic, police and animal control shot it on Alma Rd. No-one was injured during the cow's rampage.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'We haven't yet established who it belonged to or where it came from,' Mr Cranstone said. <p style='color: #333333; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #ffffff;]Mr Piper said the first he knew of the incident was hearing shots fired.[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'I was quite surprised to see a cow being shot out here. It was a relief to see it was the police firing the shots and not some gun-wielding idiot.'
    Were you in Whanganui this morning chief?

8. chris88

grav wrote:
    A titanic struggle saw the Lefties prevail over the Codpieces, 1350 to 1235. Jimbo's mob was on the back foot from the get go, with Hale a late out and Hodge and Breust starved for opportunity. Lefties didn't have it all their own way with Gus and Firrito spudding up to keep the ferrous fraternity in the game. In a gripping last quarter, Garland went all flowery while Hill, Priddis, Crameri and Goldy posted triple figures to run away with it. Thanks for a great game Jimbo. As with many victors this weekend, feeling pretty lucky/fortunate to face off vs an injury-ravaged side. A fit Little Master and a full-sized ruck would have been an imposing turn out. Onward to Blimp HQ. Hope I don't freeze my nuts off! GO GOONIES!

Looking forward to the match-up Grav, hopefully we can field full strength teams and rack up some good scoring.

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Well I'll be blowed Chels. Never expected a Nuffers connection in your news report. When I was a kid a cattle truck rolled near our house and we had several cows eating grass in our front yard. When I was a real estate agent I sold a house in Kauri Crt in Mitcham. I support Carlton and Patrizia and I celebrated our nuptials at Alma Road Receptions. Pardon my scepticism but I think you are making it up.

10. graeme

graeme Guest

Andy, please. Made up, invented, porkies - not likely my friend. BTW, peak hour traffic was probably three stock and station agents' cars, two cattle trucks, a milk tanker and a school bus.

11. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

grav wrote:
    A titanic struggle saw the Lefties prevail over the Codpieces, 1350 to 1235. Jimbo's mob was on the back foot from the get go, with Hale a late out and Hodge and Breust starved for opportunity. Lefties didn't have it all their own way with Gus and Firrito spudding up to keep the ferrous fraternity in the game. In a gripping last quarter, Garland went all flowery while Hill, Priddis, Crameri and Goldy posted triple figures to run away with it. Thanks for a great game Jimbo. As with many victors this weekend, feeling pretty lucky/fortunate to face off vs an injury-ravaged side. A fit Little Master and a full-sized ruck would have been an imposing turn out. Onward to Blimp HQ. Hope I don't freeze my nuts off! GO GOONIES! Congratulations Grav on a good win and good luck in the next round. No excuses for my boys, everyone has injuries to deal with. It just wan't our year this year with poor list management and inconsistent performances from healthy blokes. I think the coaches head is well and truly on the chopping block. The locals are camped outside my house with 'We want Goldy back' signs and pitchforks, this could get nasty ...

12. G-Train

G-Train Member

Well done Birdsville. After Faz's 9 I knew I was in trouble.

13. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

jimbowan wrote:
    grav wrote:
    A titanic struggle saw the Lefties prevail over the Codpieces, 1350 to 1235. Jimbo's mob was on the back foot from the get go, with Hale a late out and Hodge and Breust starved for opportunity. Lefties didn't have it all their own way with Gus and Firrito spudding up to keep the ferrous fraternity in the game. In a gripping last quarter, Garland went all flowery while Hill, Priddis, Crameri and Goldy posted triple figures to run away with it. Thanks for a great game Jimbo. As with many victors this weekend, feeling pretty lucky/fortunate to face off vs an injury-ravaged side. A fit Little Master and a full-sized ruck would have been an imposing turn out. Onward to Blimp HQ. Hope I don't freeze my nuts off! GO GOONIES! Congratulations Grav on a good win and good luck in the next round. No excuses for my boys, everyone has injuries to deal with. It just wan't our year this year with poor list management and inconsistent performances from healthy blokes. I think the coaches head is well and truly on the chopping block. The locals are camped outside my house with 'We want Goldy back' signs and pitchforks, this could get nasty ... Better reinforce the codpiece mate

14. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Bloody Tyrone Vickery, you know its not your year when he fires up with a 140+ score against you in finals... Best of luck Chris!

15. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Bloody Tyrone Vickery, you know its not your year when he fires up with a 140+ score against you in finals... Best of luck Chris! Throw a pippy at him mate.