2016 Re-Commitment Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Hi all, Starting this one a little early this year as I know of at least one coach who is finding the commitment needed here challenging at the moment and may have to pull out.I've also has contact from one other coach who was wavering due to RL issues. So, to give us maximum time to recover from any losses and ensure the ship keeps sailing as straight as Terry had it I'd appreciate it if everyone could indicate yay or nay for next year in this thread by the 1st Sept, that should give us time to position any replacements prior to the trade period opening. We do have at least one interested candidate should they be required, with a new league looking to start for next year we are keen to bed this in prior to that. As stated previously, there is no blame or shame associated with RL requiring more focus, or interest in the league vanishing. Cheers Len Oh, and the Misfits are in

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers in, and hopefully a bit more active than this year

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

4. grav

grav Guest

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Vultures are in it and keen to take home the cup next year

6. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Nunawading Nuffers are already looking forward to making the finals next year after some encouraging results this year.

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hops are in - hell we have a 5 yr plan before we even become competitive. Whats an RL ?

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Hops are in - hell we have a 5 yr plan before we even become competitive. Whats an RL ? :p That's where you leap out of car your car to save some dudes hot arse

9. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Simonoz wrote:
    Hops are in - hell we have a 5 yr plan before we even become competitive. Whats an RL ? :p That's where you leap out of car your car to save some dudes hot arse

Ain't ever gonna live that one down (though, that said, it was an effort well worth mentioning many times over)

I'm one of those of which Len speaks that has been a bit hesitant in committing again, but after some thought - count me in for at least the 2016 season.

After all, I actually want to see O'Meara play for my mob at some stage.

I am probably going to have to relinquish any review writing responsibilities though - RL and work in particular are going to prevent me from doing so.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

something we may want to consider is having less teams if people drop out. Perhaps then we could have a 4 week finals series with a double chance for top 4, and still play each other team once each during reg season (also still not playing through byes). Just a thought. I do hope that everyone stays! it would be my preference for us to continue with the same 18 teams we have now. same coaches. However i do of course understand that some people may have to drop out from time to time.

11. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I will be back!

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Hi all, Starting this one a little early this year as I know of at least one coach who is finding the commitment needed here challenging at the moment and may have to pull out.I've also has contact from one other coach who was wavering due to RL issues. So, to give us maximum time to recover from any losses and ensure the ship keeps sailing as straight as Terry had it I'd appreciate it if everyone could indicate yay or nay for next year in this thread by the 1st Sept, that should give us time to position any replacements prior to the trade period opening. We do have at least one interested candidate should they be required, with a new league looking to start for next year we are keen to bed this in prior to that. As stated previously, there is no blame or shame associated with RL requiring more focus, or interest in the league vanishing. Cheers Len Oh, and the Misfits are in It's quite simple really, no matter what State/Country you live in. Give up the bloody Rugby League and focus on Aussie Rules. Okay?

13. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I think the review roster worked well... and I'd be happy to be on it again next year

14. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

I'll suit up for another tilt. Couldn't possibly leave the list [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]rebuild[span style='text-decoration: line-through;]rejuvenation transition to someone else :)

15. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

I'll be back and more active next year since school will be finished. Plus, can barely walk out on the club now with the rabble it's found itself in! Time to regroup.

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenny120 wrote:
    I'll be back and more active next year since school will be finished. Plus, can barely walk out on the club now with the rabble it's found itself in! Time to regroup. Onya Lenny. good stuff!

17. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Cradle Mountain are in for 2016 and are looking to continue the pattern of finishing in the top half of the ladder in even years.

18. graeme

graeme Guest

Reckon it is only fair that the Cows go round again - at worst it provides an opportunity for the teams that have not beaten us to set the record straight!

19. J_C

J_C Guest

Birdsville will go aroundagain. I've only partially farked the list up and I don't believe in leaving things half done. :)

20. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Sorry all I haven't been on for a few days. I am so in, my team are finally getting there, slowly but getting there. Well as least I hope so.