Powlett Plains New Owner

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Len wrote:
    As you would all know by now Prap has had to pull the pin on the Packers. Whilst I appreciate the discussion around a 16 team comp and its affect on the finals, no-one wants a 17 team one, a bye every week would be crap. I indicated a week or two ago that I had a replacement coach ready to go if we did lose a team owner. Given the sensitivities involved I'd like a majority yes vote for this coach to come on board. My wife Tracey has in the last 12 months become very keen on fantasy footy and fresh from winning her league comps in SC is reasonably comfortable she has my measure at least. She is keen to take on the squad and become a real fantasy coach and she recently joined ts. Terry is able to vouch for her 'reality' and he and bear would have seen her SC heroics. Jen & Chris have shown us it can work very well. <div>
    However, now I am in the hot seat appointing her as a new coach feels a little awkward without fraternity support. Let me know how you feel, if she doesn't get 9 other affirmative votes I will hand her on to the new league and shop for an alternate. cheers Len The real question Len is can you vouch for her!! :p

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

jimbowan wrote:
    Len wrote:
    As you would all know by now Prap has had to pull the pin on the Packers. Whilst I appreciate the discussion around a 16 team comp and its affect on the finals, no-one wants a 17 team one, a bye every week would be crap. I indicated a week or two ago that I had a replacement coach ready to go if we did lose a team owner. Given the sensitivities involved I'd like a majority yes vote for this coach to come on board. My wife Tracey has in the last 12 months become very keen on fantasy footy and fresh from winning her league comps in SC is reasonably comfortable she has my measure at least. She is keen to take on the squad and become a real fantasy coach and she recently joined ts. Terry is able to vouch for her 'reality' and he and bear would have seen her SC heroics. Jen & Chris have shown us it can work very well. <div>
    However, now I am in the hot seat appointing her as a new coach feels a little awkward without fraternity support. Let me know how you feel, if she doesn't get 9 other affirmative votes I will hand her on to the new league and shop for an alternate. cheers Len The real question Len is can you vouch for her!! :p To be truthful, her only relevant claim to fame thus far is beating me at SC in her first year, I've been beaten by 47,000 odd this year so not stellar :)

3. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well I for one would welcome a new coach and even better another female coach.

4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

All good from me

5. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

Hi all thank you for letting me join you all. I am very new to fantasy footy and have lots to learn but am looking forward to having a go at it. As pointed out I am the better half of Len and the quiet one until you get to know me or give me wine..:D I am a crazy GWS supporter, my introduction to AFL was a Saints V Swans game some 15 years ago and my stepdaughters were the ones teaching me the rules. The Packers will be moving to a new amazing location and new state. Freycinet is their new home and they will be known as The Wineglass Bay Packers.

6. J_C

J_C Guest

Tracey wrote:
    Hi all thank you for letting me join you all. I am very new to fantasy footy and have lots to learn but am looking forward to having a go at it. As pointed out I am the better half of Len and the quiet one until you get to know me or give me wine..:D I am a crazy GWS supporter, my introduction to AFL was a Saints V Swans game some 15 years ago and my stepdaughters were the ones teaching me the rules. The Packers will be moving to a new amazing location and new state. Freycinet is their new home and they will be known as The Wineglass Bay Packers. See, straight away I know that this isn't Len with an alter ego. If this was Len it would've been the Wineglass Bay Guzzlers. :p

7. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

lol Len would have named this team Whiskey something somethig...:)

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Haha, sounds good. Welcome Tracey

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Tracey

10. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ORFFA Tracey. It is great to already have 18 coaches committed to taking part in 2016.