Discussions about nothing.......

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Simonoz, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Must be some very happy coaches this weekend, no-one wants to trade or auction.. Some 2nd and 3rd year players doing very well in the NAB cup this weekend.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Indeed Len. What did you think of Mr. Steele's limited TOG? I managed a very good stream for the Port vs Eagles game. Thought the outstanding choices (outside of the obvious like Grey and Priddis) were Amon and Lycett, yet both barely rate a scratch in the Hun's SC Watch. They don't take into account new physique, TOG, how players are building towards R!, new roles, what will happen when the resting prems return, etc.

3. Len

Lycett is on my radar for sure, esp given the way they are 'managing' NicNat.. Aaron Young looked good too. I am not sure that any of the giants draftees, including Steele will get many games this year really, we have more capable players than we have spots for on every line and for every role. Whilst we have 3 top 7 picks plus Steele it's almost impossible to see who gets kicked out so they play. I expect them all to be learning their craft NEAFL and the ones that really shine come in for games a bit later on. Having said that, if any of the 4 are named for round 1 they become must haves as they will be deemed first in line for the spot, personally I don't see much likelihood of this. I genuinely believe that some were drafted to be traded.

4. graeme

graeme Guest

This could have kept for the Muso Round, but it is just too good, and by one of my favourite musicians. A direct grab from The Age. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Paul Kelly has broken into verse about his excitement at a new football season, focusing on the Sherrin. [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]The singer songwriter posted the following on his Facebook page, borrowing from Shakespeare, and in that spirit we have borrowed from him,because it deserved a wider audience. [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]'Footy's back! At least for me and my pals in the park,' Kelly wrote. 'We start the year with a new football. And a new football's worth a new poem. So with a little help from Shakespeare's Sonnet 60 &amp;hellip; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]SONNET TO A NEW SHERRIN <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]So does a football hasten to its end, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Each kick wearing it out a fraction more <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Be it drop punt, mongrel, torp or banana bend. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]A glory new and in its first sweet flight, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]But every time it tumbles on the ground, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Dull scuffs and mud against its glory fight <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]And Time that gave, doth now his gift confound. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Time does his work by stealth and by degrees <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]And kick by kick unfolds his tale of woe <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]With rain and roads and fences, dogs and trees <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]And Dubbin cannot stop him, only slow. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]And yet, to times, in hope, my verse shall stand, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0.8em; background: #ffffff;]Praising thy worth, despite his cruel hand.

5. Len

Anyone interested in crowd funding an ark?

6. J_C

J_C Guest

No need, Len. Just keep your eye out for a boat floating down the street.

7. Len

JC wrote:
    No need, Len. Just keep your eye out for a boat floating down the street. Its been a bit like that tbh.. My new car almost needed floaties to get to work today, the one we traded was a lot higher riding lol

8. Len

Anyone have a link to a logo builder?

9. J_C

J_C Guest

10. Len

JC wrote:
    Len wrote:
    Anyone have a link to a logo builder? If you're looking for a way to make the shield style team logo , try this: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads... Ta, I'm glad it's her doing it not me, I like how tos that are complete after 4 lines :)

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Thought I may as well build one whilst I had 10 mins to spare :)

12. grav

grav Guest

Bandit wrote:
    Thought I may as well build one whilst I had 10 mins to spare :) noice

13. TerryinBangkok

Bandit wrote:
    Thought I may as well build one whilst I had 10 mins to spare :) Noise.

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Noisette

15. TerryinBangkok

That would be the most boring GF I have witnessed. Australia v England in the RWC and the NRL GF put it to shame. In fact, the Mongolian synchronized swimming (women) championship put it to shame.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

Agree with you TiB, for once I did not watch the whole game although I rushed home from golf to make sure I could. The level of skill exhibited was disappointing - I watched West Coast quite a lot this year and this game was quite atypical. Final's pressure? Perhaps. I do not enjoy watching this Hawthorn team play. For mine they are a team of thugs. Yes, there is the occasional passage of play of such quality I stand up and applaud. But I despair at the level of niggle and intimidation. Ruthless I can accept but I see a distinction. Sure, it is 'legal' in the sense that they do not get penalised for their approach; but it just leaves me cold.

17. Len

Anybody who hasn't seen The Martian yet, should. Best movie I've ever seen, easily the best since Avatar

18. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I went to see it and half way through the film the evacuation alarm went off and the whole cinema complex at Westfield Doncaster was evacuated due to a burst water pipe which flooded some areas. Wasn't really worried but their emergency procedures were rather piss poor. If it was a life threatening emergency people would have died for sure. Anyhow, how did it end?

19. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Re the GF. I don't think the Hawks are as intimidatory as the Lions were in their 3peat. I think that Lions team would cower this Hawks side.

20. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

melbandy wrote:
    I went to see it and half way through the film the evacuation alarm went off and the whole cinema complex at Westfield Doncaster was evacuated due to a burst water pipe which flooded some areas. Wasn't really worried but their emergency procedures were rather piss poor. If it was a life threatening emergency people would have died for sure. [span style='text-decoration: underline; font-size: 16px;]Anyhow, how did it end? Do not awnser this question.... #spoiler Trailer looks the goods anyway