Discussions about nothing.......

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Simonoz, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

melbandy wrote:
    I went to see it and half way through the film the evacuation alarm went off and the whole cinema complex at Westfield Doncaster was evacuated due to a burst water pipe which flooded some areas. Wasn't really worried but their emergency procedures were rather piss poor. If it was a life threatening emergency people would have died for sure. Anyhow, how did it end? lol, No spoilers here, all I will say is it's the best movie I've seen in years, sorry to hear they screwed with your experience!

2. G-Train

G-Train Member

melbandy wrote:
    I went to see it and half way through the film the evacuation alarm went off and the whole cinema complex at Westfield Doncaster was evacuated due to a burst water pipe which flooded some areas. Wasn't really worried but their emergency procedures were rather piss poor. If it was a life threatening emergency people would have died for sure. Anyhow, how did it end? Half way through the rescue a burst water pipe floods the space craft and they all die. If they were simply in a cinema or similar they could have exited through the back door, but being in outer space and arguably in the middle of a life threatening emergency, they stood no chance.

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Love it Prap... Andy you were actually in one of those new movies where you experience the outcome, sort of like a choose your own adventure!

4. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

If I got to choose the adventure it would have included Scarlett Johansson, chandeliers and alcohol.

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Would you be present in this adventure Andy, or is it a voyeur fantasy?

6. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Scarlett is not a spectator sport

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Len wrote:
    Anybody who hasn't seen The Martian yet, should. Best movie I've ever seen, easily the best since Avatar Saw it tonight, probably not a smart move with exams in coming weeks, but was a very good movie
    And gee you know ORFFA is having a quiet period when we start rating movies

8. Len

Fitzy wrote:
    Len wrote:
    Anybody who hasn't seen The Martian yet, should. Best movie I've ever seen, easily the best since Avatar Saw it tonight, probably not a smart move with exams in coming weeks, but was a very good movie
    And gee you know ORFFA is having a quiet period when we start rating movies Indeed :)

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Back on subject. Been browsing an article on Realfooty (The Age) in their Live: Trade day 3. It examines player value over a period of time against when they were taken in the draft. The theory posited is that there is very little difference, in value terms, between picks 19-38 (i.e., second round) and there has been a history of good late second rounders. The other interesting theory is that you are mad to trade (known) established players for draft picks (unknown), but this does not address the need to delist or perennial injury-prone players. There is also an article in there examining how Hawthorn have drafted over the last decade, which throws up an interesting model for the likes of ORFFA. Following the idea on the real value of trade picks, it would be interesting to follow the research undertaken in the article, but using SC points scored as the measure.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Snoz, '[span style='color: #2e2e2e;]The team will initially travel to New York in the second week of November for a training camp, including a practice match against a US representative GAA team, before arriving in Dublin in the week of the November 21 match.' [span style='color: #2e2e2e;]http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-16...

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

Thanks Anth........I actually heard that on Trade Radio yesterday listening to Jake Stringer. Funny thing is, no one knows when or where this practice game will be played yet !!

12. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Thanks Anth........I actually heard that on Trade Radio yesterday listening to Jake Stringer. Funny thing is, no one knows when or where this practice game will be played yet !! Look for a bunch of tall dudes that can't play basketball?

13. anthak

Simonoz wrote:
    Thanks Anth........I actually heard that on Trade Radio yesterday listening to Jake Stringer. Funny thing is, no one knows when or where this practice game will be played yet !! Ha! Funny they are not that organised. Should be riding off the team announcment to boost ticket sales. Id say it'll be fairly easy to find out once they get it sorted. I bet you would be looking forward to it. I went to the game in Perth last season. It was pretty amazing seeing all them great players in one place at one time.

14. anthak

Hey, y'all should check this out: http://www.pozible.com/project/201127 I thought its fitting here, given the regional theme. Its a cool project and it needs some extra funds to get going. I hope it can get to the target.

15. Len

anthak wrote:
    Hey, y'all should check this out: http://www.pozible.com/project/201127 I thought its fitting here, given the regional theme. Its a cool project and it needs some extra funds to get going. I hope it can get to the target. Cool plan

16. Len

I think that's best motorbike race I've ever seen.

17. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I thinks 'Seagulls for Bikes' have a different opinion

18. Len

melbandy wrote:
    I thinks 'Seagulls for Bikes' have a different opinion every good drama has collateral damage :p

19. Len

Giants got shafted in the fixture, 7th hardest according to CD http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fixture-2016-geelong-given-dream-draw/news-story/f35b59e45a4d4ac7d5adb1e78da7d85a

20. anthak

Len wrote:
    Giants got shafted in the fixture, 7th hardest according to CD http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fixture-2016-geelong-given-dream-draw/news-story/f35b59e45a4d4ac7d5adb1e78da7d85a thats interesting, but I cant believe the simplicity in the analysis. All they've done is add up the 2015 points for and points against of all the 2016 opponents to determine hardest or easiest draws...??? For starters, the 2015 points totals are based on the difficulty of the team's 2015 draw, so its not a particularly good measure of a team's strength. And it takes no consideration of breaks between games, and travel. Which surely contribute to the difficulty of a draw. Perhaps they have crunched the numbers and found the points totals to be more reflective than the other influences.