TS Fantasy NBA: 2015/16 draft results

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2015.

By anthak on Oct 25, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

See the table below for the average draft position (ADP) for all players selected in our 4 drafts.

Each draft had 156 players selected.
    In all, there were 179 players selected.
    138 of those were selected in all 4 leagues.
    There were 20 players who were selected in just one league each.

The list below ranks all 179 players in order of their ADP.

Anthony Davis is the highest ranked player after being picked at #1 in all 4 drafts.
    Jordan Hill is the lowest ranked, after being selected with the last pick of the Division 1 draft and not being picked up at all in any of the others.
    Isaiah Canaan is the highest ranked of players selected in just 1 draft, after being selected at 126 in Division 1, and not at all in the others.
    Tony Snell is the lowest ranked, and Amir Johnson is the highest ranked, of players who were selected in just 2 drafts.
    Gerald Henderson is the lowest ranked], and Myles Turner is the highest ranked,of players who were selected in just 3 drafts. Turner was not picked up in Division 1.
    Harrison Barnes is the lowest ranked of players selected in all 4 drafts.

With an eye on the waiver wire...
    The highest ranked player, not selected in Division 3, was Rodney Hood.
    The highest ranked, not selected in Division 2, was Jabari Parker.
    ]The highest ranked, not selected in Division 1, was Myles Turner.
    ]]The highest ranked, not selected in Premier league, was Amir Johnson

Without looking at standard deviations and such, here's some strange ones Ive seen at a glance:
    Carmello Anthony was picked at 25 in Div 1, and 12, 14 & 15 in the others.
    Serge Ibaka was picked at 36 in Premier, and just 16, 19 & 20 in the others.
    Nerlens Noel was picked at 47 in Premier, and 30, 21 & 21 in the others
    Kyrie Irving was picked at 21 in Premier, and 35, 39 & 46 in the others
    Danny Green slipped to 91 in Premier, and went at 58, 56 & 54 in the others
    Tyreke Evans was picked in the 50s in both Premier and Div 3, and all the way down at 114 in Div 2
    David Lee was picked in Premier at 69, but 86, 94 & 98 in the others
    Enes Kanter was picked at 67 in Div 1, but 93, 99 & 99 in the others
    Rajon Rondo slipped all the way to 139 in Div 3, whilst being picked at 90, 89 & 77 in the others
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was pickedat 145 in Premier, but consistently at 117, 117 & 111 in the others
    Aaron Gordon was picked high at 95 in Premier, and 130, 135 &140 in the others
    Brandon Jennings got picked at 105 in Premier, and 145, 146 &150 in the others

Here's the data
    If a player was not drafted in a league, I have assigned them pick 157 for that particular league.

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Oct 25, 2015.

1. anthak
    2. Jet
      Jet
      Filthy I got auto picked on Tyreke already having Irving on my IR. Anyone want him in premiere league? I'll pretty much accept any trade. Even if someone is willing to do a solid and grab Frank the Tank off the wire and trade him to me?
    3. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      I knew CK went about 20 spots too early on KAT. Not the first time CK has gone too early I'm sure haha
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Interesting that Premier league seemed to through up the most outliers
      Im not sure if thats right, but it seems like it from looking at it.

It would be great if anyone has time to do a bit more analysis.
    5. Jet
      Jet
      I was banking on Lowry at pick 21 but when he wasn't there I thought damn then it's either Kyrie, Bledsoe/Teague/Haywood. Then 2 picks later I didn't expect Pau to be there still and grabbed him without liking him. I only ended up with 4 guys that I planned on getting!
    6. anthak
    7. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      The first player I got who I targeted was Ryan Anderson with pick 81!

Although I am pleased to get Leonard in the 2nd, LMA in the 3rd and Noel in the 4th.
    8. Emes
      Emes
      Apologies to everyone in my league for the autodraft - had something come up last minute. Kicking myself cos there were a few of my favourites that slipped in the 3rd division too!

Fairly happy with the autopick results (well, outside Chandler Parsons at 43). It landed me Gortat at 102 which my early nomination for pick of the draft, about 4-5 rounds value in there by my reckoning!

I'm used to 8-cat roto so will be interesting to see where players value lands with the points system that's used - seems like theres a semi devaluation of rebounds (defensive anyway). And -2 for a missed free throw looks brutal for guys like DJ and Drummond!
    9. Emes
      Emes
      Also am I right in thinking there is only 1 team that gets to move out of Div3 - the winner going up to Div1? There's no other teams that go up to Div2?
    10. Ruddy
      Ruddy
      My thoughts on my picks:
      - Harden (3) - Not much to say here, glad i got a guard early, because i missed quite a few of my targets later.
      - Vucevic (22) - I almost ran out of time on this pick, and was immediately pissed i didn't take Drummond. I ended up taking a lot of high upside, riskier guys later in the draft, so i guess going the slightly more consistent, safe option here wasn't too bad.
      - Gay (27) - Was gonna go a PG here, but my targets got taken earlier than expected. Not unhappy with getting an elite SF, especially one who exploded last year when the coach got replaced.
      - Walker (46) - Desperately needed a PG at this point. Might not be the best of the best, but at least i have a solid, consistent option there.
      Whiteside (51) - Had no intention of taking him, but i reckon he has a lot of upside for pick 51. Kinda surprised he dropped this low.
      Parsons (70) - Again, was not at all on my radar. I was planning on taking George Hill here, but 70 is way too low for Parsons imo, so i couldn't pass over him. Unfortunately, Hill was taken in the 5 picks before my next pick, so my risk of leaving him on the board didn't pay off.
      Chandler (75) - Ranked 40th by total, 54th by average last year. Even though he's a year older and on a new team, his game is quite efficient, so he doesn't need to have a huge role on the team to still score well in our scoring system. It's nice to have a few consistent scorers who are less likely to go through slumps.
      Mudiay (94) - Desperately needed a PG. Rookies are risky, but he should get a lot of minutes and ball, so i guess i could do worse.
      Afflalo (99) - Should get a lot of opportunity and ball on a poor Knicks team. If he can get back to his form from a year or two ago, should at least be a solid, albeit inconsistent option. Was still a bit thin on guards.
      LaVine (118) - In hindsight, i probably took him a bit early, but i needed more PG's still. Has some upside, but i missed the note about him losing a starting role. Should still see a lot of minutes because of his versatility, but i'm hoping he can grab the starting role again.
      M.Turner (123) - Probably got sucked in by the promise of a rookie, but he should get a lot of opportunities, and his ability to block might carry his fantasy scoring a bit.
      J.Parker (142) - Straight onto the IR spot. Huge upside, if he can improve just a bit over last year (and obviously stay fit), then he's better than a waiver wire candidate.
      J Lamb (147) - Don't really rate him, but might be alright with MKG out for maybe the year.

All in all, fairly happy with my draft. If a couple of the high upside guys go well, i'll be okay, and if not i'm screwed.

On a side note, everyone should remember to set their trading block. To those in Premier, i'm open to trade for a PG if anyone has any spare.
    11. Emes
      Emes
      i'd agree - guys like ibaka (26 behind Griffin/Pau/Drummond?!), noel (47), draymond green (48!!!), danny green (91, but maybe a roto guy) look like massive sliders to me
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Need to get the data in spreadsheet format for that! :D
    13. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      I was certainly surprised at how far some players fell in Prem League.

With the 1st pick, I was hoping for have a starting 5 of AD/Bleds/Drummond/Noel/Dray Green....but Noel didn't drop to me....
    14. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Ibaka's game doesn't translate well in our points format. He was ranked 45th in ave last season.

For comparison sake, the others' ranks were Griffin (13th), Drummond (30th), Dray. Green (34th), Noel (58th) and Danny Green (70th)
    15. Owen
      Owen
      Yeah I had the top pick and was aiming for Davis, Bledsoe but then Carmelo was available and I thought, hey why not?
    16. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      I'll give a rundown of my picks also:
      Lillard (9) - Was always taking a PG with my first pick - in order of preference CP3/Lillard/Wall. Pretty happy to draft AI 2.0 in the first round.
      Leonard (16) - Targeted an SF in the 2nd round. PG13/Melo/Butler or Griffin as a final option. As it turned out all four where taken so I settled with a sliding Leonard. Content with this pick
      Aldridge (26) - Traded up in the 3rd round to target Lowry/Bledsoe/PGasol. All were taken late in the 2nd round. Again settled for a sliding Spur - On a side note I'm pretty sure every Spurs starter slid considerably in the Premier League.
      Noel (47) - I planned to have 2 PF/Cs by the end of the 5th round. As most including Horford/Monroe/Favors had all disappeared before my 4th I drafted a sliding Noel. Happy with two good PF/Cs at this point as the bigs were flying off the board.
      Beal (57) - Needed as SG desperately. 50/50 on him or DeRozan. Had DeRozan locked in and in the finals seconds switched to Beal. Will be interesting to see how this choice pans out. Would have preferred a PG/SG this pick but there was nothing around.
      G.Hill (74) - Again searching for a PG/SG. Took next best available in Hill as there wasn't much afterwards except for rookies. I originally targeted Gortat/Randolph with this pick but I was dreaming thinking they would last that long.
      Anderson (81) - He was a target for me for this pick and took him. Should get plenty of minutes with all the injuries in NOP and get plenty of open looks in their offense.
      Matthews (88) - Other option was Ariza this pick. I was initially very high on Ariza but Matthews should see an exceptional usage rate in Dallas. Even coming back from his injury I believe he is underrated.
      Jennings (105) - Needed another PG. Was hoping Jrue would slide a little further. He didn't and I panicked, probably my worst pick of the draft. In hindsight I should have taken Collison as he was gone by my next pick.
      Lin (119) - Ideally Collison was my preferred option so went with the Lin as my second option. Lot of positive talk for Lin in Charlotte and should get some good minutes next to Kemba.
      Randle (129) - Was pretty thin for bigs by this stage. I was expecting Humphries to go undrafted and I would have taken him with this pick just to secure another big. Settled with Randle, should see starter minutes and get close a Dbl/Dbl per a game. If I hadn't had drafted Jennings earlier I would have taken Nurkic here and dumped him on the IR.
      Johnson (136) - Loved how this rookie has gone about it over the pre-season. So exciting to watch and it's gonna be a great ride following him throughout the season.
      J Green (153) - Was hoping to get Hood here in the last but he was taken in the 11th. Was serviceable after his move to Memphis. Hopefully his role grows and translates some of that potential into fantasy.

17. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Interesting. My dream staring 5 would have been Lillard/Bledsoe/Melo/Horford/Monroe
    18. crossy
      crossy
      seems a bit odd we cant pick up anyone off waivers for three days after the draft and one day after the season begins, anyone agree?
    19. anthak
      anthak
      All free agents go on waivers after the draft. Its always done that. But its a shame they clear after the season starts. We'll need to try set the draft date accordingly next season, to avoid that.