2015 Round Review: Round 3.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 19, 2015.

By walesy on Apr 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

A couple of massive scores to a few of the more unique selections could see some massive scores this week!

Would love to hear your hits or misses!

Jed on the Bench? CEY, Miller or Cripps on the field? The forward line carnage of Bontempelli and Adams?
    [span style='color: #292f33;]Round 3 Stats are up!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      just saying 'HUNT'

worth a look, even with the 50k increase from the week before
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      currently holding malceski and seriously considering breaking my golden rule and trading him out

Ablett and KK have been talked about a bit but from what I can see other Suns such as Prestia and Bennell are scoring OK even if they have been losing

i would be keen to know if anyone has been watching the GCS games and knows if there is any particular REASON he is scoring so low?

ie is it a lockdown role or no midfield time or not suiting the gameplan or the suns players not using him ?? if it's injury related (such as Swan in 2014) he may end up missing games later so it may not actually be an extra trade being made

3. candyshop
      candyshop
      G'Day fellas, This is my first time on hear but don't go gentle on me. My question/ conundrum is;
      1. L.Parker ( is it time to go, and trade to either Sloane, Watson or Hannerbury??

2. Bartel (obviously) to Swan, Roughie or Bont?

OR
      Trade out PArker for a mid that is scoring well (the above mentioned) and Newnes in my Backline for Houli or someone else?

If you need me to put my team up I'm happy to do that. Would love some feed back though.

Ciao.

4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      welcome

personally I would trade out Bartel to Swan or the Bont and avoid Roughy as a Key Position Forward. I would keep Parker and Newnes. Newnes has been getting the ball enough but his efficiency is the problem so he might lift ala Sheed getting 29 if Rd1 and two 70s the last 2 rounds, while Parker was on fire in Rd1 until he copped a head knock and should come good in the next few weeks

it might be worth mentioning whether your goal is to do well in your league comps or in the overall standings as the two trading strategies are a little bit different
    5. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Hi everyone

looks like anything over 2100 this week was a good score.. 2136 for me which keeps me 73rd overall

misses included The Bont, JPK, Gray and trading Cripps for NVB (should have listened to BB)
      hits: Swan as accidental VC (had him VC last week and forgot to change it)

@ Candyshop: Avoid KPP.. Swan or the Bont are the way to go.. Parker is a gun, agree with tassie hawk, he was on track for 800 before he got knocked out.. Keep the faith
    6. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      At the Swans Malceski was all over the ground, sweeping through the mids and kicking goals. At the Suns he seems to be mired in the back half where he just isn't getting the possessions or opportunity to do much. Whether he is still finding his feet or role in a new team is hard to tell but i don't think he is going to turn it around anytime soon to be work 500K again.
    7. Len
      Len
      1992 with Bartel and a bunch of underperformers, Oxley on the bench didn't help.
    8. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      as a tigers man, if you want to tradein houli, be prepared for an average of 75-90 for the rest of the year. I don't see him as a keeper.
      I would look at someone like hunt. he will average same as houli between now and then and way way cheaper.
      save your bikkies for midfield superstars. my opinion only - i'm an amateur hack
    9. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      your thoughts would be appreciated guys....

I have hamling in D8,steele as M11, cox as R3 & lambert as F8.

i am using these 4 players as loophole material. is this a gutsy strategy, stupid as there is no cash generation or otherwise.

i am ranked 4000 odd so far - 6462 points
    10. huvaduva
      huvaduva
      Yeah, I've only seen bits and pieces of the Suns so far this year. But I did try and watch for him this weekend against the cats are rarely saw him outside the defensive 50. Even without Harbrow this week Malceski didn't get much of the rebound pie... :(
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      4 Floating Donuts is probably 2 or 3 too many in my opinion

i would be checking on hamling and steeles form and prospects as if they are close to making the 25 man squad then perhaps they could nudge their way in sooner rather than later
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    13. PHIL
      PHIL
      History shows much more often than not that guys playing straight after concussion have a few quiet weeks. David Parkin who got concussed as much as most says your never quite right straight up. I was wrapped (for me not them) when Parker and Brodie Smith were concussed. Parker has had 2 bad scores so as soon as he scores a breakout jump on. If you recall he was best on ground 1st round playing only 3 qrts and killing them. Brodie backed up with a score which I expected this round.I am waiting 1 more week for Brodie.
      In summary keep Parker
    14. Micksdemons
    15. stowie
      stowie
      'In other injury news at Tigerland, vice-captain Brett Deledio is unlikely to be available for selection for this Friday night’s match against Melbourne'

Time to move on if you've been slow like me and haven't made the move yet?
    16. stripey
      stripey
      given the likelihood this will not be his only break for the season, i would move him on...
    17. danny174
      danny174
      I need to trade Bartel out. I have Bontempelli in my mids. Is there a way I can swing Bonts to forward and trade Bartel for a mid such as Sloane?

My mids are Fyfe, Neale, Steven, Griffin, Swallow, Bonts, Saad, Heeney, Ellis Yolman, Cripps, anderson

My forwards are Swan, Gray, Martiin, Salem, Clark, hogan, Bartel, McGrath
    18. jp
      jp
      yes, in the trade window you select OUT:Bartel, then click the S next to bonts to sub him into fwd, then select IN:Sloane
    19. stowie
      stowie
      Cheers Stripes, thinking Bont will get the nod ahead of Goddard in that case.
    20. danny174