Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I didn't know CD was owned by the AFL? Is it a complete ownership or just a large share? Explains it I guess.

Also explains how shit the sport is when it comes to stats and metrics, thanks to the monopoly CD have. I don't follow baseball but even the leagues like NHL and NBA would be so much different if they were run like the AFL when it comes to stats.
    2. walesy
      walesy
      I think it's a 49% stake.

AndyD and Gill probably own the rest :p
      • Like Like x 4
    3. JC
      JC
      Yep, they picked up a 49% share prior to the 2012 season from memory.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. leb3
      leb3
      My thoughts only however I am extremely unconvinced about the 300-450K defenders. I could be wrong, and with the lack of really strong rookie midfielders particularly i can see the appeal however my side will be steering well away. I have tried to go with GnR's as much as possible but the cost of the first years is definitely affecting all sides this year.

My team - any feedback welcomed
      (Def): Shaw, Rance, Laird, Weitering, Dea, M Brown, Broad, Ruggles
      (Mid): Danger, Priddis, Shiel, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Oliver, B Kennedy, Gresham, Petracca, Davis
      (Ruc): Martin, Gawn, Grimley
      (Fwd): Deledio, Barlow, Billings, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Menadue, Mc-Tips

Reasonably happy - personally not sure on Billings; feel like I could swap for T Greene, or restructure and pick up a FWD rookie; and get Goldy.
    5. Owen
      Owen
      Three starting midfielders is a little different to what I'm seeing with other teams and it looks like you've put the extra cash up forward. Personally I've gone light up forward with rookies and stacked the midfield more. Not a bad team though, I don't mind it.
    6. Bucko
      Bucko
      Just realised we don't have the thumbs anymore :(

Wanted to see peoples thoughts on the better pick if you had to choose only one:
      B.Kennedy or M.Dea
    7. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      I think rocky and libba bump it up to 5 prem starting mids, and with 3 great starting rookies I really like this squad...more so than my own lol.
    8. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Love it Leb3, see above for why. Also strong enough rucks, fwds are good but I don't rate billings...green a great option or even buddy. Would like one more prem/breakout in the backline...maybe shuffle your 3 prems down slightly to allow a rookie to be upgraded to a yeo or johansen type.
    9. Nick
      Nick
      For me with Libba it was his underwhelming PPM couples with the fact he's coming back into a strong midfield with Picken, Macrae, Dahl, Hunter, Bont and Wallis.
      Plus MCrouch PPM were HUGE and Danger has left a nice hole in the Adelaide midfield...
    10. walesy
      walesy
      That is a strong team mate.

Shiel will be an excellent pick if he can stay healthy.

Great working of the bench, with solid rookies on the field across the lines.

Not much to fault mate.
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, I'm missing the thumbs also- I'll have to see what I can do about that- darn Like button! :D
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Jason
      Jason
      I would take Kennedy out of those options.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      I very much hope what I have heard about Broad is incorrect as like you and Walesy he is currently in my team and I very much liked the look of him through the NAB
    14. walesy
      walesy
      The Crouch brothers both look like great breakout candidates, but Libba was a bonafide 110SC averaging star. He's going to be demanding those mid-minutes back.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Dea for me
    16. mobya
      mobya
      Dea for me also - although he is playing for a side that resembles a Keanu Reeves movie...will be interesting to see how that effects DE etc
    17. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      BK & ? or Dea & ?

Seeing as they play different positions would assume you have other targets in place if you chose one over the other? If you're asking who is most likely to be a better cash cow rookie, probably Dea.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Could potentially be switch Adams to cover the other position (Or Brown)
      • Like Like x 1
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      B.Kennedy over M.Dea (LIKE THIS POST)
      • Like Like x 6
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      M.Dea over B.Kennedy (LIKE THIS POST)
      • Like Like x 2