Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      ^^ Feels awkward to have to do it that way, but we could open up a poll if needed !!
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Specially when it goes over the page! :D

Gunna need to work something out.
    3. RPritch
      RPritch
      Don't forget the best name in football Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (AMT)
    4. graeme
      graeme
      Love the choice of Howe - not a hawks fan but a huge fan of Howe. Don't want to put an average score on him, but I suggest it will be sufficient to have many trades in prior to round 3.
    5. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      • Like Like x 2
    6. leb3
      leb3
      Thanks all for feedback. Could drop billings to Milera - swap Gawn for Goldstein and have some excess cash in hand
    7. leb3
      leb3
      I think broad will be in richmonds round 1 side. As a tigers supporter I think that Astbury has gone past Chaplin and that broad will have bachelors spot in defence this year too
      • Like Like x 1
    8. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Loving the like button
      • Like Like x 2
    9. lukus
      lukus
      Petracca is not on Melbourne's injury list on afl.com.au nor is he playing VFL this weekend. It's very hard to get a feel on when he'll be available for selection and then when he'll debut.
    10. Jason
      Jason
      "The Demons have opted to give Christian Petracca, who injured his toe playing basketball at Christmas time, a full month of solid training before having him ready to play."

"He's training fully with the group and he's essentially recovered from the toe injury but he's only done two weeks of training coming off an ACL," Misson said.

"We want him to have at least four weeks of full training before we let him play."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-...-hitout-in-bid-to-prove-fitness-for-round-one
      • Like Like x 1
    11. lukus
      lukus
      Cheers Jason. Looks like VFL Round 2/3 and then AFL whenever he has the match conditioning required and has displayed form warranting selection. Can't imagine we'll see him until at least R4. Downgrade target rather than starter for mine.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. leb3
      leb3
      Selwood come into anyone's calculations now? I know it was only VFL but he is priced at least 10 points per game off his potential!
    13. walesy
      walesy
      I hate his injury so much though- it's potential to cause him to miss games managing it is massive.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      4 weeks of training could mean he is playing by Round 2, given that 2 weeks have already elapsed.
    15. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      The problem there is Crouch Snr will come back in as well and take up part of the Dangerhole.
      I'll have a Crouch, just keep oscillating between the two. Brad will probably score a little better but there's a possibility of his foot problem returning.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Len
      Len
      I'll put up a new version later, but I am struggling to stay GnR this year.
      Also read analysis of the SC winners from 2010 to 2013 and none of them were GnR, though one claimed to be.
      So far 8 over 500k, 14 rookies and 8 in that MP range, though some only just.
    18. walesy
      walesy
      I want to be GnR, but Sheridan and Wells won't let me.
    19. leb3
      leb3
      I know that it's a shocking injury, and anything that affects a foot/leg area for example as opposed to a shoulder or arm injury is definitely more concerning. But still....
    20. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'd rather start with any of Rocky, Shiel or Sloane over Selwood. Selwood more of an upgrade target for mid year though, I can't trust he will score well at the start of the season. This is despite all 3 of Rocky, Shiel and Sloane being involved with injuries in the last 12 months as well, because Shiel and Sloane we know are actually ok at the moment and Rocky has the biggest potential out of all 4