Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. funkyc
      funkyc
      Very true Walesy - but sometimes the guys with knee reco's seem to take 2 seasons to get back to their original form.

Libba started in my squad but is now out.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      Very true, might be more like the star of SC 2017, rather than 2016
    3. IPOD
      • Like Like x 1
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      thoughts???
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Bear would be proud of your Polec pick.

What's the thoughs behind Grimley at F8? Also, not MBrown or Hartley?

(Edit- Piled? autocorrect man, making me look the foo.)
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Mathieson has a broken cheekbone and is out for at least the first 6 weeks

You've spent so much on your first 8 MIDs that you have Mills on the bench! See if you can keep the players who start on the bench to be under 200k, and preferably under 150k.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I love this. It is great to make a team from the club you adore. I might be royboy forever but unfortunately I know follow StKilda. I used to do a team that only consisted of players whose surname had once appeared on a Fitzroy list from it's inception - it worked well as names always rotate and revive
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Grimley at F8 is fine as he will get some time some where - but I think it really depends on who you have at R3. I dont think that the R/F link this early in the season is important. I would like to hear from an Essendon follower about Brown/Hartley - as an outsider I don't think Hartley will play and Brown won't score that well.
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Hartley is expected to play. He is ready to go.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. walesy
      walesy
      As an Essendon support, both have been locked into my squad, on the field, since we started doing RMT's. :D Haven't seen a single thing to suggest taking them off yet (Assuming Essendon name enough forwards to allow M. Brown to play down back)
      • Like Like x 1
    11. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      I'm a bit iffy about Milera getting a run in round one. I think it may hinge on whether Charlie Cameron comes straight back in or has a run or two in the SANFL. Given the hard draw the Crows have early it's also possible they might decide to go with experience/bigger bodies.
    12. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      Well, this is where my team sits at present. Think I've lost count of the versions! I was going to try and go G 'n R but the rookie situation isn't encouraging. I have 160k in the kitty I'm holding until we see the teams. Might need to spend more on rookies - if not I'll look at upgrading a mid-pricer.

Attached Files:

• SC1.jpg
        SC1.jpg
        File size:
        470.6 KB
        Views:
    13. leb3
      leb3
      Side looks pretty good overall - I would just have a look at you rookies in the midfield. Mills and Oliver seem to be safer options than Parish at this stage, and I am not sure on whether Cunningham, Macpherson, Hewett or Gresham will play round one. Obviously teams will solve all these problems (or cause more)!
      • Like Like x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate,
      I like your forward line.
      I reckon you are being very optimistic with some of your rookies, but who knows at this stage anyway - need to wait for teams to be announced.
      Interesting that you don't have C Mills - bring him in. Darcy Parish is on the injury list, probably a bit risky, even if named? Maybe swap him to Mills.
      Im also not sold on Seedsman - too risky at his price for me, he couldn't even get into Collingwood's ones consistently enough last year.
      I love your premium mids.
      In the end you will have to spend all your $$ and your team will look better for it :)
      • Like Like x 1
    15. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      Yeah, the rookies are a bloody mystery at the moment. I've kept poking and prodding but finally realised I really have NFI what I'm doing until the teams come out. :confused: Seedsman's a bit of a dark horse I think. Form got better with each game in the NAB and there's no doubting his ability. Dunno, he might be the one I upgrade if i still have $ when the selection dust settles.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Here's my team at present. I'm keen to hear any feedback.
      Obviously rookies are open to change depending on teams.
      I have $93k in the bank

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 12.06.27 am.png
    17. walesy
      walesy
      Pretty solid.

Not sure curnow will be worth the extra coin though.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. IPOD
      IPOD
      Get bennell out pinged a calf and wont play for 3-4 weeks
    19. surtees
      surtees
      I think Seedsman is a gamble, I like how he plays but inconsistent. Keep an eye on Rockcliff to as he is trying to make round one, I'm sure fit and playing he will be good in your team though.
    20. surtees
      surtees
      Thoughts on my team? Tried to go balanced with premos, mids and rookies (still up for debate depending on teams). Wouldn't mind getting libba in but not sure how to fit him in.

Attached Files: