Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. IPOD
      IPOD
      I was massive on Goldy early doors and last yr but at almost 700k its too much. fwds are much like mine except ?? on millera playing. Also Petracca not gonna play till 3-4 so hold off get him on the bubble in 6-8
      • Like Like x 1
    2. walesy
      walesy
      I reckon I've run that exact team at various stages this pre-season. :D Can't fault it.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      image.png image.png Try again
    4. Jason
      Jason
      MID rookies could be scarce when teams drop tomorrow night. I'm not expecting Keays to be named and I'm certainly not expecting Dunkley to be named.

You may need to either pay extra for more expensive bench players or bring some of your F/M players across from the FWD line to the MID bench.

My suggestion is to play around with different scenarios in the event that not enough cheap MID only options are available this year for R1.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Nick
      Nick
      According to an interview with Tommy Sheridan Dunkley is injured...
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Have you got a link for that?

Why would Tom Sheridan (Fremantle) know about whether Josh Dunkley (WB) was injured?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Nick
      Nick
      Agreed. Gawn > NicNat
    8. Nick
      Nick
      It's between M Crouch and Libba for me.

Mr Crouch currently winning.
    9. Nick
      Nick
      Whoops my bad, for some reason I thought I read Darcy Tucker.

Moving right along...
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Nick
      Nick
      Some definite differences in this side, such as Treloar, Rich and to a lesser extend KK. I'm not convinced on any of them but we can't all have cookie cutter teams. Defence is a bit weak but that allows for an extra premium midfielder.
      Was your decision for BKen over Oliver due to cash?
      Grimley > Cox in the R3 spot I'd think.
      My forward line is identical.
      Otherwise solid.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. walesy
      walesy
      It's interesting reading the hitout percentage from the HUN the other day- could actually work out what each ruck earned from hitouts over the nab.

5 points for effective.
      0 points for ineffective
      -1 points when to the opposition.

Both Gawn and NN scored fairly evenly from hitouts- with Gawn doing more around the ground.

Definitely has the highest upside, but man does he miss a lot of games! So there's significant risk also.
      • Like Like x 4
    12. churchboy
      churchboy
      Some good stats there to ponder over Walesy, but Im interested to know what people think in terms of how Gawns scores might be affected if Melbourne lose games. Just keeping in mind they won all 3 preseason games and if they drop off during the real season will Gawn still maintain a high level of performance around the ground and hitouts to advantage? Is Nicnat a better option purely because he plays for WC?
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Naitanui attended 75% of all ruck contests for WC last year, the highest share for any ruckman. Given how many games they won and how many opportunities to score SC points NicNat had, it is really hard to see where he has potential upside for 2017. He may be able to maintain his scoring, but I can't see much room for improvement.

On the other hand, I could make a case for Gawn participating in a few more wins during 2016 than Melbourne achieved in 2015.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. leb3
      leb3
      If you look at NicNat's average from round 8 onwards last year he was the second best performing ruckman from that point onwards. With a full pre-season i'm backing him to reach those 2012 114 average heights again this year.
      • Like Like x 4
    15. leb3
      leb3
      So he averaged 114 in the last 13 games last year. If he starts off how he finished last year that is where his improvement will come
      • Like Like x 1
    16. churchboy
      churchboy
      Well here's hoping to melbourne NOT doing better than last year, as I'm leaning towards Nicnat... In all honesty, no matter who I chose, its bound to be wrong and have me banging my head against a wall come round 1 ... #shouldacouldawoulda
    17. churchboy
      churchboy
      having a look over this team I think you'd be better served by changing some of those mid pricers (like polec and malceski) for rookie priced players and banking your cash. My only other thought is that johnson is a bit iffy this year in terms of potential and he might be better replaced with johanssen if your looking for someone at the same price with a big upside potential. Hope this helps!
    18. churchboy
      churchboy
      you've sold me leb, nicnat it is. you better not be wrong!
      • Like Like x 1
    19. churchboy
      churchboy
      ok guys, first time doing this, be gentle... just kidding, tear it apart

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Rich, Dea, Hartley – Adams, Ruggles
      MID: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Oliver – Gresham, Davis, Marcon
      RUC: Goldy, Nicnat – Cox
      FOR: Barlow, Hall, Wells, Menadue, McCarthy, Kerridge – Papley, Mcdonald-Tipungwuti

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom ...
    20. walesy
      walesy
      http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...&up_code=&tsLeagueTeamId=#7HCqIM10Hi3pUyRw.97

Pre12: 97 Ave
      Post12: 111Ave

Definite headroom.

Personally though, I like seeing Gawn as the hypetrain.
      • Like Like x 2