2016 Round 1 review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 28, 2016.

By walesy on Mar 28, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, footy's back- that's a good thing! :D

How many of you are cracking 2200 this week? What's par?

How good have the rule changes been!

How good is ANZAC day gunna be?

HOW GOOD IS IT TO NOT HAVE THE SUB?!?

Stats are gunna be interesting this evening, what with a new codebase and stuff, so bare with me as we go. :D

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      2068.... And thats with the C on Dangermouse!
      Barlow, Fyfe, Hanneberry, Martin X2, Shaw.....
      Is it too early to trade my entire team for a slab and go sit quietly under a tree somewhere?
      • Like Like x 1
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Looks like lockout is over

@walesy should we be checking back to see ORFF* scores and the Stats update in the morning?
    3. insider
      insider
      Done..... toby greene is dead to me.
      2170 and not happy.
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Annoyingly, we need to wait until Fantasy AFL rolls over- cause TS requires all the comps to open before the final button can be pressed.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Stoopid AFL Fantasy :mad:
      • Like Like x 3
    6. leematty1
      leematty1
      Just under 2200 in sc. So not all bad. But when both your dream teams score higher you know something's wrong.

Well placed in both dream teams after round 1 which is funny, as I spent 99% of my time in SC and what players I liked but couldn't fit, went into my DT. Not sure how long my DT midfield will perform like this with Parker, Ablett, Gibbs, hall, priddis, zaka and danger all scoring 125+
    7. bunza52
      bunza52
      A disappointing 2056. Was tossing the coin over a number of players which didn't work in my favour this week. Took Martin over Nic Nac, Shiel over Parker and McGovern over JJ. Also having Gault on field with his 16 didnt help either...Need to keep reminding myself not to rage trade this week...
    8. Jason
      Jason
      That doesn't sound optimal.
    9. Len
      Len
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 2
    10. walesy
      walesy
      ok- stats are up! (calc pages are recalcing)

ORFFolk, please, let me know if the calcs match wherever you have! Would prefer to get any bugs sorted ASAP. :D

TS Addicts, specially you guys and your fancy interchange.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jason
      Jason
      My TS Addicts score here on TS matched what I had manually calculated.

The percentages showing in the various tsLeagues ladders should all be multiplied by 100 though, otherwise they aren't actually percentages!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      woo! an easy one! :D
    13. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      2,148 at a ranking of 37k. Ouch. Not the start I wanted but it's a long season. Of course the rookies that all did well are sitting comfy on my bench.

Rucks were ugh, Picked Jacobs who bombed against Goldie because my original pairing of NicNat/Gawn shared the same bye which would have been awkward, and guess which of those two I ditched for him?

Fyfe start not good but I don't think I have a premium yet who I'd want to knee-jerk trade away, just have to ride the bumps, correct any rookies next week and move forward.
    14. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      How do we see results of each round? Are we just to use the ladder to infer as a guide for now?
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, for now.

I'll try to get the match-report and back/forward buttons live for next weekend.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      2132. Seedsman sucks first round. If you pick a mid pricer I feel for it to be a win you need that player to become a cheap keeper around premium scores for position OR he makes enough cash for you that you can trade and make at very least over $100K profit but preferably more.
      Already feeling after just one game the Seed man is a mistake as maybe his best average I can expect is 85. It is still short of what you want and unlikely to make cash I want if a little short of that. Guess I got to give him one more week.
      The challenge with that is if after two rounds I want to get rid of him and 2 cash cows as corrective trades for guys like say Hewett and Papley I am forced to leave one as 3 into 2 trades does not go. So feel pressure to trade him already. Not enough cash left over to get much more than a Jesse Lonergan or Sheridan but not sure their upside is that much better to use the trade on. I think I am reluctantly forced to hold for now. Also the thought to start Gibbs was not far off but I went with Fyfe and usual suspects. After round one the price paid for Fyfe is a concern. Maybe could have started Gibbs as my mid pricer than Seedsman and instead of premium mid of Fyfe had an extra premium defender. Second guessing.. Not fun.
    17. Len
      Len
      Biggest issue for me is no Libba and no Ablett.
      Can live without Ablett if Fyfe gains an extra leg, but getting Libba in is now a priority
      • Like Like x 1
    18. JC
      JC
      Walesy - might need to check the interchange in TS Addicts. My ruck didn't play but the IC score doesn't seem to have been added in to cover that.
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Bugger.

That and swannie to sort out in the morning.

Cheers mate
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      2212 for me. disappointed as coulda been better, but not too concerned.

Im mainly unhappy with keeping Gawn as I had been so close to swapping him to NicNat on Fri/Sat. Decided to stick with Gawn in the end, so hopefully he turns out better. NicNat is looking like having a breakout year!
      • Like Like x 1