Trading Games 2016

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

By walesy on Mar 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2016 Trading Games league!

*** TEAM UPDATED - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE TO THE ONE SHOWN BELOW BEFORE SATURDAY ***

What's it all about?
    Basically every year some of the leaders in the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather etc to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

Throwing this post up to gauge interest in this year's effort. It's getting pretty close to the deadline, so I'll get a team up shortly. Will be very cookie cutter I reckon (Unless there's any objections to that in the comment below)

Will also have to throw a shoutout to the Two-Time champion, @Buzzboys - you gunna throw down for the triple crown this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/group?cic=615554

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! Prior to the Melbourne-GWS game the team should look like this:
    TradingGames2.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can use DPP to rearrange the 30 players shown above. e.g. Petracca could be brought to the MID line and Wells could become a FWD. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 21, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Currently 3 short peeps!
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Kaos AD does not have the correct team.
    3. BrockyFreo
      BrockyFreo
      The Llamas is the best team so far, well done mate!

Good starting point so far, will be interesting to see how people proceed from here!
      I made Ablett capt, and was happy with that. Won't be trading if I an avoid it this week.
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Did you set up the Group on the Hun website for Trading Games? If so, does that give you the power to remove members from the group?
    5. Len
      Len
      I have the Llamas at 2274 and my daughters team (Kelli) at 2277?
    6. Jason
      Jason
      That team doesn't appear to be a member of the Group?

My mother-in-law's team got 2262 and appears to be in 3rd place (once Len's daughter joins the group)
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Yes I did, and yes I do. :D
    8. Len
      Len
      thought I joined both, the league and the group, will retry the group #
    9. Len
      Len
      fixed
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Might need to audit the teams in both the league and the group for consistency with the nominated starting lineup.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      @walesy
      In addition to Kaos AD (who is no longer in the group), these teams are also in the group but did not have the correct R1 squad:

Mulgrave Panthers
      Clozer Mighty Duck
      starhoos
      22 Stars
      • Like Like x 3
    12. bunza52
      bunza52
      Gotta think they just joined this group with their normal teams. I guess the rules at the start of this blog were not clear enough....;)
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Some of them had the "pre Thursday" team and may not have checked back in after the Carl-Rich match. Unfortunate, perhaps they were out of the loop on Good Friday.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Take Martin's VC score or roll the dice on a MID instead?
    15. Len
      Len
      130 is always my "keep the score" line, I've lost out a couple of times doing it though
      • Like Like x 1
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Anyone do any trades this week?

I traded Sheridan and McCarthy to JJ and Hewett.

I was in two minds whether to trade or not, because the tesm was already in pretty good shape, so it could be a waste of trades, but im hoping it works out ok.

Anyone else trade?
    17. Jason
      Jason
      I traded Barlow for Parker. Rather pleased with how that worked out actually. :)

1st place!
      • Like Like x 2
    18. anthak
      anthak
      You scored well Jase. You mustve hit the right bench options too.
      I stuffed it up with Kerridge and Papley on my bench.
    19. Len
      Len
      2144 sees the headaches fall back to 4th, still zero trades
    20. bunza52
      bunza52
      2114 with no trades. Pretty bullish on Rocky to Zaha and either Rich or Sheridan to JJ.