NBA finals round one

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Feb 27, 2015.

By Steve on Feb 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

The first round of the finals have come and gone. Please read over for the reviews.

Premier League

TS Heaver 1450 defeated Westside Hardcore 1348

Games played were 47-44 in favour of Heaver

This match was very close heading into the last day but Heaver was able to score 216 to 131 on the last day to claim the win. Heaver had 9 players break the ton this round and were led by Burke (159/4), Gallinari (140/4) and Turner (134/4). Westside have had a very consistent season but with this loss they bow out of the finals. KlayThompson was the best with (185/4), next best were Ariza (169/4) and Len (134/4).

King of Karlos 1642 defeated Hersey Hawkins Athletic Club 1289

Games played were 48-41 in favour of Karlos

Karlos took full advantage of a favourable schedule and was able to post a very comfortable win over HHAC. CP3 did most of the damage with (277/4), followed by Leonard (195/4) and Hassanity (194/4). HHAC had only lost 3 games in the minor round but unfortunately came up against a red hot Karlos this week. The best players for HHAC were Marc Gasol (159/4), Matthews (159/3) and Conley (127/4).

Minor round finals

Both Walesy, Dan and Jet were able to post victories in the first round of the minor finals. Walesy needs to win all 3 of his minor finals to avoid relegation.

With Owen losing it means that he is relegated to Div One.

Division One

Biggest Losers - 1480 def The Raptors - 1369

Top Scorers: BL - K Love - 189, RAP - D Jordan - 209
    Games Played: BL - 46, RAP - 46
    With both teams finishing the regular season on a 5-game winning streak, one team was going to have their run ended in this match-up and The Raptors were that team. After finishing with the 3rd seed The Raptors would be disappointed to be bailed out of the playoffs in week 1 but can take solace in the fact they can still be promoted if the Hall of Famers wins the championship. The Biggest Losers continue to surprise, but will be up against it in the 2nd round of the playoffs when they face the might of the Hall of Famers.

The Real MVP - 1592 def Crossys Crusaders - 1458

Top Scorers: L6 - D Favors - 209, CC - R Gobert - 196

Games Played: L6 - 43, CC - 50
    With such a lop-sided games count you would think that the Crusaders would have won this game easily, but it wasn't to be with The Real MVP snatching victory. After being the championship favourite around weeks 10-11 Crossy has been on a slippery slide of terrible ever since which has resulted in a 1st round exit. Amazingly Crossy can still be promoted if Ant Hak wins the championship. The Real MVP have a tough opponent in Round 2 coming up against the hottest team in the league, Ant Hak.

Ant Hak (1189) & Hall of Famers (1401) had the bye

Consolation Finals:

Jasmines Mob - 1592 def Broady Broncos - 1134

As expected Jasmine shows she is the best team outside of the playoffs with this easy win. Broady Broncos relegation to Div 2 is now confirmed.
    CK Nicks - 1628 def The Fab 5 - 1146

GM CK keeps the ‘remain in Div 1' dream alive with this win but faces Jasmines Mob next round.
    Adelaide Maggots - 1659 def Hinrich Manoeuvre - 1484

The Maggots are also trying to avoid relegation and hope to notch up another couple of wins to remain in Div 1 next season. HRM's relegation to Div 2 is now confirmed.

Division Two

Winners Bracket

#4 XYZ ElBonz 1701 d #5 Nettin Blatche 1549

The master of the waiver wire XYZ won this matchup fairly comfortably after a huge opening night. Harden led the way for XYZ with 274/4. Blatche featured the on fire Westbrook 245/4 and Curry 239/4 but they were no match in the end against the more balanced line up. Incidentally Blatche dropped an underperforming Faried during the week only to be snapped up by XYZ as he moves in to week 2 of the playoffs.

ElBonz now moves on to play #1 Nahla vs Lil Dee who is still missing Anthony Davis. XYZ knows how to win fantasy finals following their Div 3 campaign last season so Nahla is sure to have a battle on their hands.

#6 1499 Travys Boys d #3 Paky Ballers 1381

It was almost an upset of an upset where Travy's Boys blew out an injury hit Paky Ballers. Paky was missing Boogie and Tyson Chandler for most of the week and Travy capitalised. The lead was long all week until the final day where Travy with a 200 plus lead left Deandre Jordan, Aldridge and Jimmy Butler on the bench and only had Ibaka playing against the Ballers who had 9 players on. It could have been a costly mistake however it didn't eventuate and we have our first upset of the finals.

Travy now matches up with #2 Wafty Boxes who look like being without Durant and Griffin for the week. Do the Boxes bite the bullet and drop one of them or not?

Consolation Finals

#7 Enter Team Name Here 1578 d #8 Peg's Men Lethal 1225

Rubio PML & LBJ ETNH 204/4
    Tyreke 184/4 ETNH
    Noah 161/4 PML

#10 Cyril33s Crushers 1312 d #9 Smokinjoe Misiti 1277

Love 185/4 CC
    Gortat 166/4 CC
    Thomas 161/4 SM

#12 Doobia Dominators 1217 d #11 Laino's Nuggets 1046

CP3 277/4 DD
    Leonard 195/4 DD
    Gallinari 140/4 LN

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Steve
      Steve
      Sorry for the late review. I have been away for the weekend

Walesy - good win in round 2. I tried to make you earn it but you did enough to hold on.

Ant - bad luck this mate as you came upagainst a very strong L6 team. Good to have you back in the Premier League next season.

2. Jet
      Jet
      @walesy
      De ja vu from last year! I think last year if you beat me then I was relegated. This time round were both trying to save ourselves!
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Ha, the pressure is on! :D

Can't believe Durant left me for the finals though :(
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I made some bad moves this week, so I didn't deserve to win, but even if I was on my game, gee L6's mob have been ballin! They averaged 43.78 fppg per player this week. Tough to beat. And they flogged me good and proper.
      Well done to everyone in the grannies!

5. walesy
      walesy
      Damn, you made it a close one!
    6. yumcha
      yumcha
      Great win, Nahla vs Lil Dee.

I tried my best to source some points from the waiver wire. I was hoping the Knight acquisition could secure some points, but Davis is just way too good.

I hope i at least make it through to Div 1 next year?
    7. karlos
      karlos
      Congrats to Ruddy on making it through to the Premier GF. You beat me 3x this season mate proving you had a much stronger team. I drafted quite poorly and was just happy to make the finals after some scrambling on the wire. Good luck to Stowie and Ruddy in the GF, should be a close match, too close to call!

Looking forward to next season already but for now its onto Supercoach.
    8. yumcha
      yumcha
      hope there's another supercoach league for NBA'ers again this year?
    9. headmandude
      headmandude
      Hear hear! Let's get that NBA SC league up and going again. That was pretty competitive last season
    10. headmandude
      headmandude
      Bad luck ElBonz. I was hoping that I would get to match up with you in a rematch of the D3 finals. I think Nahla vs Lil Dee will wipe the floor with me. Durant and Griffin still out and I had to drop Jamal Crawford today as it looks like he is out for a bit. Tough to beat the Brow!!!!
    11. anthak
      anthak
      A few years ago, when TS ran a knockout championship for leagues, our TS NBA league won the whole thing :)
      I think our league may have ranked in the top 20 that season.
      I think it was 2012?

Will be keen to get it going again this season. I'll set up a league now :)

12. anthak
      anthak
      Here we go...
      TS NBA Crew, league code: 765490

13. Steve
      Steve
      I think I will have my work cut out this week trying to get the GF win for L6. The schedule does not look good. But I have a few plans ready depending on what happens over the next few days.

At this stage it looks like it could be a shootout between Monobrow and Curry as to which team wins.

14. stowie
      stowie
      Thanks to HEAVER for a fun semi finals, but I think your mentioning my lack of injuries might have jinxed me for the finals.

Best of luck Ruddy, I kinda hope Durant comes back soon as that's the only way Westbrook might slow down!
    15. Ruddy
      Ruddy
      Best of luck to you too mate! I'm praying that Durant just puts his feet up and rests, because without Russ going beserk, i don't think i can win.

So far it's looking like a close one though!
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Massive day by Jet's team today in Premier League.
      As mentioned above, him and Walesy are playing each other this week to decide which one of them gets relegated.
      Jet's guys scored 426 from 8 players, which included a 2 from Tristan Thompson. Removing that from calcs. That's an ave of 60.57 for the other 7!
    17. anthak
      anthak
      In terms of relegation/promotion, this is where we currently stand.

Confirmed relegations:

From Premier to Div 1:
      Owen
      Fez
      * and whoever loses out of Jet and Walesy this week.

From Div 1 to Div 2:
      Cameron
      Don_Cottagers
      nicksnow
      * + 1 more

From Div 2 to Div 3:
      doobs
      Lano24
      hawker
      lethal
      ** + 1 more

* Div 1:
      If Costak loses, he will be relegated; If he wins, twoeyec will be relegated.

** Div 2:
      If underachievers loses, he will be relegated; If he wins, SmokinJoeMisiti will be relegated.

Confirmed promotions:

From Div 3 to Div 2:
      HEATalicious
      OutKast_au
      tasho
      Rad_E_Cool
      Spurs_Jay

From Div 2 to Div 1:
      headmandude
      rodgo
      ddsaints
      yumcha

From Div 1 to Premier:
      bgt2110
      anthak
      *** + 1 more

*** If LiQuiD_SiXx wins this week, he will be promoted; If he loses, Prap will be promoted.

18. crossy
      crossy
      Good luck all grand final teams! Another year in div 1 for me ha ha! Big cheers to griffin butler and sullinger for ending their seasons earlier than I needed! Good work ant and hall of famers on moving up! Was heaps of fun going head to head this year boys!
    19. crossy
      crossy
      And here is hoping costa k wins the bottom playoff consolation! Looking forward to pearcey and him renewing their rivalry in div 1 next year too :) and cheers for the awesome write ups all year long pearcey! Cracks me up every week mate :)