2016 Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Some big scores coming through this week.

I got a 2299 with Captain Danger dragging me down so in pretty happy there.

Not too sure what I'm doing with Barlow, but something Ross said makes me feel that holding him might be the way to go.

Dunno though, think I need to get in JJ this week.

Bah, lots to think about, looking forward to reading the discussions.

Will get the stats up when I can.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. stripey
      stripey
      2222 for me, Richie Benaud eat your heart out!
      • Like Like x 5
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      @walesy what did Lyon say to give you a glimmer?

2118 for me. Seems like par in a shite weekend.
    3. insider
      insider
      Think he said something about what they were trying in the midfield clearly isn't working so they will revert back to the tried and tested... Something along those lines
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Cheers. Just watched the presser. Typical light and shade, not giving anything away other than that they didn't defend well.
      Classic end statement re next weeks derby. "No special games...I call the Grand Final, round 26".
      • Like Like x 1
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    6. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      What happened to Hartley's score? The iphone app had him at 86, but the computer web site had him at 0 points, and not playing. My sub got brought onto the field and dropped by score by 14 points (Brown on the pine with an E).

2096 with Hartley, 2080 with him not paying and Brown scores counting.

Dazed and confused.
      cheers,
      Bill
    7. walesy
      walesy
      The site has his score at 86- don't have him in my squad though, so I didn't see what you see.

http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/player/201

That's quite the stuff up though!!
    8. BillyBob
      BillyBob
    9. benny01
      benny01
      2335. now up to 16th overall
      • Like Like x 19
    10. insider
      insider
      ok lets test these options out rather than the thumbs:

Option 1 -Trade Rich & Rockliff as theyre made of glass.
      Option 2 - Trade Barlow for Johannisen (Rich from def to mid) and Lobbe to Blicavs
      Option 3 - Trade Barlow for Johannisen (Rich from def to mid) and Rockliff for Papley (Petracca from fwd to def) thus banking $626k for next week
      Option 4 - Trade Barlow for Johannisen (Rich from def to mid) and Rockliff for Luke Parker
      Option 5 - Trade Petracca for Papley and keep the faith with Barlow/Lobbe/Rockliff

FYI current $ cows = weitering/M.Adams/McDonald-tipungwuti, Mills/Menadue/Gresham/Hewitt/Davis, B.Kennedy/Milera/Kerridge/Petracca
      Other dud I gambled on and want to get rid of = L. McDonald

Thanks in advance
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 5
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 4
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    11. snoz
      snoz
      2128....have started the season like Trump, full of bluster but literally nothing going on inside the cranium.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. snoz
      snoz
      @walesy - Not too sure what I'm doing with Barlow, but something Ross said makes me feel that holding him might be the way to go.

If you put a fat, slow, lazy bastard on the ball after being a fat, slow, lazy bastard in the forward line for the first two weeks - isn't he still just a fat, slow, lazy bastard ?
      • Like Like x 4
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Ha, Lions ressies got smashed by the Swans ressies by 122 points.

BOG?

Bris- B. Keays.

39 touches, 149DT.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. walesy
      walesy
      @insider - 3 is what I currently have pencilled in.

Reckon it will be a very popular option with the amount of DPP links available.

And Papley could put on over $200+k over the next 3 weeks. Can't miss that train!
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are rolled.

And delicious.

nom nom nom.
    16. insider
      insider
      thanks @walesy I normally like to run my own race and go with my gut, but so many options and crucial choice b4 price rises I needed to test out the sweet sweet option-polls! I do like the idea of having 600 grand in the bank to play with, but I also want to not use 16 trades by round 10 for once.
      I noticed keaysies performance too. him and Tomlinson in the other game. put him in the seniors, put him on the wing or on ball like roughead/blicavs/westhoff and unleash the young lad for crying out loud! or they should've traded him to carlton in the off season!!!!
    17. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      2181, which is at least an improvement on last week!
      Seriously considering going Barlow --> Papely and Rocky --> Liba
      This'd leave me about $610k in the kitty to upgrade a couple of mid-pricers the following week.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      2291 with Danger as C. Very happy with my team, 530 overall with 12 of the top 13 cash cows (only missing Parrish) no trades used. Was meant to be a leagues team so only issue (big one) is not set up for byes (haven't even checked yet LOL). Thinking about going for broke (which will mean losing my cash leagues). Might be looking for an assistant coach or two if anyone is interested.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I cant choose out of 1 and 5; i reckon its personal preference which one out of those two you pick.... nah, just kidding :D

Id probably go with option 3 :)
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1