2016 Round Review: Round 4

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 17, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 17, 2016 at 6:59 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Disappointing round this one, gunna be lucky to crack the 2k!

Looking around the traps though, that's looking pretty par.

Sub-standard captains, combined with some craply rookies have hit a lot of us.

That said, if you've gone with Yeo, Mitchell, Greene, Zaha- you'll be smiling right now. :D

How have you all gone?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 17, 2016.

1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      1998 was a shit year and an even shitter score
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      It will be all about job security for me, which one is going to play plenty of games. Out of them I'd say Byrne/Ruggles but that's without looking to hard. Best thing to do is start seeing who these guys were in the team for originally and who in their position could potentially come back in.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Looking at Geelong team Ruggles I think is competing with Bews for a spot for young small defender in back half.
    4. bunza52
      bunza52
      1,945. No Priddis and half games from Steffi and my latest trade in JJ didnt help. Put the C on Gawn this week, cos I thought the Dees would win and he would dominate Grundy, also thought that North would win easily and put the hard tag on Fyfe. Fair to say im looking forward to next week.
    5. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      2035 for me. Captain score from Ablett was below par and need Rockliff back soon.
      However despite an ordinary score it was a good round for me on trading front to get on front foot and remove Seedsman that I have regretted picking since straight after round one. He scored a garbage 57 and no good as a mid pricer to keep or make cash. I traded him out Saturday evening to get A M-T emergency score on field with the expectation Freo lose to North and start playing youngsters soon. Hence Darcy Tucker is part of my backline. If I am wrong and he does not play many games then I make use of him for loopholes when Freo play late games in rounds.

The other trade was to trade out Milera for Parker. I had Rockliff not playing and already too many points behind leader to stomach too many rookies on field and cash in kitty not helping score more this round. So decided to get that cash to invest in Parker to inject more score power this very round.
      If McCarthy had played I would have have probably had Milera on bench a few more weeks.
      Parker 92 on field, not special but a lot better than 27 from Milera which would have happened if I did not make that trade call on the night.
      Would have scored 1921 for round and still have Seedsman and Milera to deal with had I not made those trades.
      Two problems removed so frees me up for more pro-active trading in coming weeks.
      Also got Byrne previous week which looks to have been a gamble that will work ok.

All in all though, I need Rockliff playing this week to hope to start making up any ground and get some hefty captain scores happening from Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett or Rockliff in rounds to the byes.
      My patience with Leunberger feels like it may pay off in time. An encouraging 81 and played 4 weeks of footy now. For $300K ruck/fwd, 81 is acceptable but hoping in months ahead he starts getting near the 100's.
      Most positive I felt for season so far to have hope things can start to improve.
      Still way back in the 35K to 40K rankings but my overall structure I feel comfortable doing good things with going forward.
      Just need a bit of luck too and maybe reduce the ranking down quite a bit before the byes.
    6. anthak
      anthak
      1998 was also the last time the Kangaroos were on top of the ladder.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      2070 this round which is a massive drop from last week although most people are in the same boat which meant I was lucku enough to climb 600 odd places into the top 3000.

I wanna trade Barlow this week, however as they are playing Carlton at home I'm not sure.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Ugh! That is all.
    9. lsco
      lsco
      In our Div 2 match I will admit I was happy to see we both had Priddis after the announcement. A tough week all round and I only just scraped the win over your boys.
    10. Kel
      Kel
      Well I'm currently sitting 114,502 so I'm pretty glad that my ORFFL and Addicts teams are going well.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Nick
      Nick
      2071 sees me scrape into the top 5000 which is nice.

Some tinkering to do with JJ looks like he'll be out for ages (at least he still scored a 97!) and Hewett for some bubble boys...
    12. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      In a similar boat to most just getting to 2,006, rank dropped 1,523 to 3,889 and only won 1 of my 5 leagues. lots of issues but what cost me a few more league wins was decision to Cap Danger over Goldie.

Oh well, we move on. Priddis and S Martin hopefully you play this week along with a lot of shaky rookies!

Trading this week is my million dollar question, answer is most likely cause it's hard not too!
    13. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      I wanna trade Barlow too, Mundy is still out this week and his BE is around 70 I think so I will hold my nerve with him, is he any chance of being dropped?
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Cant imagine he'll get dropped.

Reckon I'll hold onto him until Mundy comes back- then all bets are off.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. anthak
      anthak
      If youve held him this long, you may as well
      • Like Like x 3
    16. TheTassieHawk
    17. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Yeah would make sense with the lower break even. Not sure if he will get dropped depends if Freo are willing to try some of their youngsters, which for Ross might mean accepting that they are likely to miss finals this year.
    18. Natha
      Natha
      I'm in the same boat. Was strongly tempted to trade Luey out this week, but gave him one more week to prove himself. I'm glad I did, as now we both have a POD (although inferior) ruck/forward.
      He'll probably smash the Pies ruckmen on ANZAC day, no matter whom Bucks puts on the park, unfortunately :p
      • Like Like x 1
    19. haysie
      haysie
      Thought I was toast until those last quarter goals! Cheers.
    20. Bazinga!
      Bazinga!
      That was me :( still got 1957 though so haven't lost to many point just gotta see whether i'll need to burn 1 or 2 trades deepending on if Stef martin gets omitted for a round or two with concussion.