Round 5 Teams and Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Had a re-read of that article after I read this post. Was pretty funny reading, especially the part where I called Venus Bay Carlton. Couldn't have got that further wrong. Or calling Larrikin Lagoon Essendon. Couldn't have buggered those two up more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Tracey's 14 outscored my 14.5 by 300, got that one right ;)

3. Len

sNoZ is partial to big Cox scores, I'm unreliably told ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

WTF!!!

A draw and a one point result in the same week. I'm sure these are the two closest results in ORFFA history. I definitely can't recall a draw.

Oh, and Mount Beauty rounding in to the form that had them at the pointy end of betting with a 1500+ score.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Shazam!
    Some rockin games this weekend.
    Packers by a point, a draw between the Nuffers and the Troggs and the Hoppers with their second win (and we're only in round 5!).
    Oh and a very unconvincing stumble over the line by the Goonies.

• Like Like x 2
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Congratulations Tracey - well done in a close game. My figures were unreliable as I had missed that Scully and Wilson both gained 9 points while Dempster and Webster were scaled 3 and 2 respectively in the Saints v GWS post-match scaling. Then, for those who care or are interested, Fasolo got scaled from 110 to 118 in the Anzac Day match. Am not sure how far back Fyfe went after he went off injured.

Thus we arrived at the fourth and fifth highest scores of the weekend with both clubs only having 14 scoring players.

Still, them's the breaks as Nat said. At least I will not have to trade my way to an early draft pick to continue the rebuild.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Geez, a really good round of games. Thanks to Whitsundays for the match - injuries and a couple of poor matchups didn't help your cause Terry; hope Suckling gets back sooner rather than later.

A special mention at our end to Jarryd Lyons, who has managed to become a 90ppg M/F and double his 2015 ppg average through improvement and not having to start as sub all the time.

Sitting 10th but with enough points for to be top 5-6. Although the bright idea of getting Steven May to do some assistant coaching during his suspension hasn't paid dividends, with Rance now suspended and Greenwood under scrutiny. We've asked young Steven to concentrate his assistant coaching work on body positioning and motivational speaking rather than punching/kneeing.

Our entire starting defence may be watching from the sidelines in Round 6, with May, Rance, Saad and Ibbotson all suspended or under clouds. Marcus Adams will lead our bench defence - thank God for depth.

• Like Like x 2
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I reckon we need to borrow Stevie May from you for a few weeks to train some of our blokes. Its almost "line in the sand" time at Gariwerd

9. chris88

Oh, young Steven will definitely draw a line in the sand for you, before stepping over it, rubbing it out and whacking someone.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Richie Vandenberg style. Just what we need :)

11. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

:( I feel as if my team is going backwards. Another loss and now bottom of the ladder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Len

I hear you Jen, but you are building a new team, not unlike the Misfits, and they take a few years, I delight in individual performances in the meantime :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. chris88

You've definitely improved Jen. Team has more depth and instead of relying on aging veterans to get a game by default, you're now able to legitimately run younger guys across your team. The older guys who are getting a game now are actually earning it for the most part - Thompson, McGlynn (a handy pick-up), Rosa.

Get Tom Langdon back, Peter Wright and Heeney starting to show a bit .... it is getting there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Couldn't get to a computer on Friday until after lock out so had to keep the same side as last week and hope. Ended up with a draw and I'm not sure I would have made the right changes to sneak the win. Being one who appreciates variety and the odd, odd thing I'm happy to manage the Nuffers to our first draw. Maybe should have not had that last round with the boys on Friday night. Naaahhhh!

• Like Like x 2