ORFFL Round 6 Preview

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Apr 29, 2016.

By Kel on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM
  1. Kel

Kel Moderator

ORFFL Round 6 Preview:

We haven’t had anything ORFFL related for a couple of weeks. Not a lot of time put in to this so apologies in advance for its brevity and any errors and omissions.

Woy Woy Wizards 15 v Smiths Beach Seagulls 3

Not really a classic Friday night game to kick off the weekend. A strong start to the season for the ‘gulls sees them sitting nicely in 3rd place with a 4-1 record and they should be too strong for the 15th placed Wizards. Seagulls by 150

Bundalong Bullfrogs 18 v Coulta Couldabeens 8

Not a great year for the Bullfrogs so far sees them propping up the table. Having Big Ivan in the ruck is a relief, however the strong Richmond influence still pervades this team which is really not something to instill a great deal of confidence. They are hosting Coulta this week and who really knows which Coulta team is going to turn up. Having said that I can’t see them getting done this week, Coulta by 80.

Queenstown Quolls 13 v Mallacoota Magicians 6

I’m going for the upset here with the Quolls to get over the line by 15. A few ins over the last few weeks who whilst not being superstars have provided depth. Also, Jack Redden in the midfield for the Magicians, really, that’s nearly as bad as Aish as defence interchange.

Glenrowan Gunslingers 1 v Humpty Doo Hammerheads 10

Hard to see the Hammerheads bouncing back this week coming up against the table topping Gunslingers. Business as usual with the Glenrowan boys comfortably home by 200. All eyes starting to focus on the round 9 clash with the Savages.

Mt Buggery Disappointments 12 v Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits 9

After a 0-3 start the MBD boys have done a Melbourne and gone back to back to get themselves back in the mix. An important game here against the 9th placed Jackrabbits a classic 8 pointer if ever I have seen one. Goldstein v Martin in the ruck will go a long way in deciding this one. Jackrabbits by 22.

Warburton Wanderers 14 v Sarah Island Savages 2

Mundy, Prestia and Lycett all return. Savages by 280.

Popanyinning Pyrite 4 v Milikapati Snakes 7

Match of the round right here with 2 evenly matched teams. Only 22 points separates them in YTD points so expect this to go right down to the wire. Biggs2Bugg2BigMax has a nice ring to it, change your name to whatever you want P_L, just leave Jesse Hogan out of it. Pyrite by 8.

Purnululu Bungle Ranges 16 v Poowong Potoroos 11

Tino – Put someone in the ruck, man. Vardy isn’t playing ok. ½ a Cooney is better than nothing, jeepers, even ½ a Mayes is better than nothing at the moment. Poowong to get back on the winners list, Potoroos by 46.

Bonnie Doon Bandits 17 v Tarwin Lower Pigs 5

Classic Sunday twilight game to finish off the round. The Pigs have taken their opportunities this year which sees them sitting 4-1 whilst the Bandits are without a win and I can’t see that changing this week. Far too much Collingwood about the Bandits for my liking. Pigs by 90.

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Apr 29, 2016.