Round 8 Teams and Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, May 12, 2016.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The Cows find both new and old ways to ensure we don't post a decent score - albeit a decent score is probably not sufficient against our resident bookie's chooks.

The new way - in the third quarter while finally scoring well, Mason Wood takes a terrific pack mark (so far, so good) and then knocks himself out coming to ground. Takes no further part in the game and finishes on 70 points. Darn. The old way - coach graeme (or was it coach chels) put Ben Griffiths as the interchange emergency. So far, so good. In a fit of pique Ben scores a pb of 136. Now instead of hoping Nick Graham gets a game to avoid taking Ben's score, we hope Nick does not get a late call so we can take Ben's points. Natch this involves relying on Carlton management (a non sequitur if ever there was one) which just happens to be CR's mob. You could not make this stuff up.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

No change to the Blues side. So, well and truly game on. Got nothing from Selwood, Hawkins and Ziebell so have got to hope that my Bulldogs brigade goes above and beyond to ensure I'm on the right side of what is going to be an extremely tight finish either way.

3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

"No change to the Blues side. So, well and truly game on. Got nothing from Selwood, Hawkins and Ziebell so have got to hope that my Bulldogs brigade goes above and beyond to ensure I'm on the right side of what is going to be an extremely tight finish either way."

A quick score review discloses how close this is CR. The chooks 1004/11 (Biggs, Dahlhaus, Wright and Liberatore to come) trail the cows 1015/12 (J McGovern, Campbell and McLean to come). Should be real tight; well, in the context of the season you are having perhaps?. :p Trying to work out how to hide B Crouch's effort and slip in a big score from Fyfe without you noticing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Now I'm annoyed. I make changes on Friday to my ORFFA team through TS Leagues and it again doesn't save. The only problem this time is that I didn't double check. So I'm left with a doughnut on the field due to Lyons, with Hill left in the cold.

This ain't the first time this has happened. I've had erased teams re-appear and teams refuse to clear. This week is the first time I haven't put my team in this thread though - picked the worst time for that.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Might be worth clearing your cache mate, I've had no issues since week 1 using chrome or firefox and on 4 different PCs

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Ah, that's good to hear Len.

Just to clarify, my post was more meant as a "This is crap" and "everyone just double check stuff" type of thing. I honestly don't even know how many of my players have gone this weekend as today is about the first day in a week or so I haven't been ill.

But yeah, be fairly warned I guess, or at least double check.

• Like Like x 2
  7. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Well done in keeping your unbeaten record intact CR. Your dogs, while relatively young, had a bit much presence for my pups. Might sound odd with only three wins so far but given how young the Cows side is I am very happy with the way this season is turning out.

• Like Like x 3
  8. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

A couple of untimely injuries to our midfield cost the the Nuffers dearly this week. Congrats to the Uglies. We watched Eurovision as a team bonding thing and we feel a bit like Australia did. Close but no cigar. Having said that my family history is Ukrainian so we partied like it's 1699. That was when the Sendeckyj's rocked back in the U......

• Like Like x 2
  9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member