2016 MSD Discussion/Trade Tabling Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fitzy will stick up the trade and auction threads on Monday night; clearing up a relevant point below;

1. It is a requirement that you draft 6 compulsory picks per year, these can be done all in the preseason draft, or over both drafts.
    - A minimum of 4 of those compulsory picks must be taken in the preseason draft, that is you must enter the 2016 preseason draft with a maximum of 24 players.
    - It is not a matter of how many players you de-list, that is potentially irrelevant as the list size can be traded down or up in the trade period prior.
    - If you enter this draft with more than 22 players you must participate in the 2016 midseason draft.

It is my reading of the above that in any case such as the one where Birdsville entered the draft with 22 players and Marble Bar with 24 that the trade during the draft that saw Birdesville exchange 1 pick for one Bar player has no relevance on MSD qualification as the emphasis is clearly on how they entered the draft.
    Therefore in the above example the Battlers participation is voluntary whereas the Bar must enter this MSD with 26 players or less.

Compulsory entry statuses are:
    Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles, Venus Bay Vultures & Birdsville Battlers all participate voluntarily.
    All other teams must enter the MSD with 26 players or less.

That out of the way, this is the place to discuss the draft and pre-draft trading, offers etc

2. Len

13th June 8pm - Trade period opens
    20th June 11pm - Delists due (Trade Pause)
    21st June 8pm - Draft commences (Trades resume)
    5th July 11pm - Lists final

Draft Order

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Wahoo, what some of us have been waiting for - trading and drafting. If your team stinks (like the Cows at certain times) then it is time for some fun. Management are currently digging up :spud:'s and :donut:'s in the paddock behind the Bulls Hit Tavern - a full time job for the committee for the next few days. We knows who is on the outski list but some of them are hiding trying to delay the inevitable. Sadly, they in their delusional state, continue to think they have been performing :mad:.

Here's a clue guys - if you are not injured, and you can't get a game you are probably gawn. Some tears to come in the next week.

Interesting offers welcome - particularly if there is a (cough) position you have had trouble filling. We are certainly prepared to offend if an offer is silly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Going to cut and paste the rundown below from the Guim thread. Like my learned colleague Graeme I've pretty much settled on who will be getting the boot - the only problem is that I can't get rid of 10 players and I need to retain at least a couple of :spud: type guys that can be delisted at the end of the year or before season 2017.

Also, a few lovely ORFFA coaches have approached me in regards to some of my players. No real deals or anything have been put forward, mind you, but interests have been expressed. Thanks heaps for your interest. I'm not going to be running auctions for assets during this period as I regrettably don't have the time to monitor them. But all offers will be taken seriously and considered, and any trade decisions will be based on the view that I need to restructure this team to leave it in the best state possible for its future owner.

So, as below -

In the lead-up to the opening of the trade period (and given I'm again unlikely to be around much on the weekend), the Darraweit Guim Trade Table is preparing to open.

As foreshadowed, most everyone aged 27 or above is on it. That grouping consists of:

DEF:
    Ibbotson

MID:
    Armitage

RUCK:
    Maric

FWD:
    Westhoff
    Harvey

To note - I am inclined to keep one of Westhoff or Harvey. Also, in the interests of transparency, my knowledge of information at Richmond indicates the great man Maric may be struggling. His future is unclear. If you want to roll the dice, feel free. But caveat emptor as the Romans might’ve said.

Also on the block in some way shape or form are:

MID:
    Brad Hill
    Levi Greenwood
    Jacob Townsend

FWD:
    Ty Vickery
    Shaun Edwards
    Nathan Hrovat

None, some or all of these gentlemen may be traded. I’m not going to be proscriptive in the terms under which I will be trading them as I don’t have time to try and figure out explicitly what I’m after. Have a look at my list and make an offer if you wish. Players and draft picks will be considered.

However a couple of ground rules:

1 - I won’t be accepting peanuts or potatoes. I won't be conducting fire sales for assets valued at cents in the dollar. Please don’t offer them. I remain mindful that however this team functions in 2017, it needs to be in decent working order.
    2 – Any other player not named above is not on the trade table unless I nominate otherwise. Please don’t ask after them as refusal might offend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Len

Misfits are happy to to entertain offers, but will only seriously consider ones that improve the team for next year and beyond.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I'll put a list of players I'm willing to trade below. Some of these guys might end up getting delisted, some I'll keep if there isn't a good offer. If you are interested drop me a line.

If the player isn't on the list below, it would have to be a spectacular deal for me to entertain the thought of a trade.

Jed Adcock (D/F)
    Jack Grimes (Def)
    Matt White (M/F)
    Matt Shaw (M)
    Troy Chaplin (Def)
    Jake Carlisle (D/F, not playing in 2016)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

Below is a list that I am willing to entertain offers of trade..

Clancee Pearce - D/M
    Nathan Broad - D
    Sean Dempster - D
    Brandon Matera - FWD
    Jefferey Garlett - FWD
    Sam Reid - FWD

Offers on on other players will be consider (except my orange players)

8. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers are willing to enter into discussions for any players on the list except for JPK, Simpson and Nic Nat. Please form an orderly queue so we can entreat with sincerity and for mutual benefit. The Nuffettes can give guided tours of the Fev Dildo shrine and JPK, Simmo and Nic Nat are happy to entertain the lady coaches. I am willing to do multiple player deals for single suitable midfielders or forwards. Let the games begin.

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers list... everyone else is off limits. You don't have to be blind freddy to figure out some of these are valued higher than others.

I'm rebuilding, inbound player must be aged 23 or under, and I will absolutely entertain PSD draft picks, and the right MSD draft pick will be considered. I'm probably only going to second round on MSD, so I can throw in rounds 3 and 4 if people are interested.

Cale Hooker - Essendon (D/F) (ineligible for this year)
    Tom Nicholls - Gold Coast (R)
    Shaun Atley - North (D)
    Riley Bonner - Port (D)
    Lachie Hansen - North (D)
    Andrew Swallow - North (M)
    Tom Lamb - West Coast (F)
    Mark LeCras - West Coast (F)
    Jarrod Pickett - West Coast (F)

2-3 of this list will be delisted.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah should probably focus on the review but finding it hard to motivate myself.

Lefties obviously looking to challenge again this year but probably a good fwd or two off the pace.

Here's what's on offer

Taberner - F
    Broomhead - F/M (inj 2wks)
    Curran - F (presumed dead)
    L McCarthy - F
    Scooter - M (inj 4wks)
    Whiley - M (presumed dead)
    Toumpas - M (presumed dead)
    Baguley - D (inj LTI)
    Cutler - D
    Schofield - D

Quality fwds or youngish emerging mids are my want

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

@Len - do we have a MSD draft order list available?

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

on the block

Angus Litherland - haw - d - ave 52 from 5
    Ben Jacobs - NMK - M/D - ave 52 from 7
    Chris Masten - WCE - M - 71 from 10
    Tom Bellchambers - ess - usually R/F - ineligble this season

13. Len

I'll post one tomorrow

14. Len

@Fitzy @Lenny120
    This trade presents a problem
    89 Wagga Wagga receive: L.Picken, A.Everitt, #67 and #88 - Venus Bay receive: J.Pittard, #41, #77 and WW's 2nd round MSD pick.

WW have no 2nd rounder

15. Len

I was being pushed out the door and don't have the detail with me but I am showing that the pick in question was traded to ant prior to this.

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thats right, you tell em Len. Hands off my pick!

• Like Like x 3
  17. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Fair point ant, would have been a great post during the PSD! ;)

18. Len

Will stick up the draft order tonight guys, need to get the incomplete trade resolved, without any additional input I'd say Fitzy misses out and Lenny owes him, there have been a number of trades though and the order is quiite altered at the pointy end, I think Jen has at least 3 1st rounders :)

19. bama

bama Active Member

Guys, I am away for a few weeks from Friday, I will put my delistings in now and if I can't get on before my time in the draft just select anyone for me. I will try to get on but no promises.

Gone are:

Mzungu
    McKernan

20. Len

Send me a pm with what type/s etc you might be after mate, happy to help