TS Fantasy NBA: Matchup 6 Results

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Dec 10, 2015.

By Steve on Dec 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Please join me over the break where we review the results from this round of matches

Premier League

Wade Machine (6-0) 1278 d The Ticking Time Bomb (1-5) 1204
    Ant hak (4-2) 1597 d King of Karlos (1-5) 1301
    Day to Day (2-4) 1353 d Hersey Hawkins Athletic Club (4-2) 1251
    Westside Hardcore (3-3) 1589 d The Real MVP (2-4) 1385
    Three Point Buzzer Beaters (2-4) 1457 d Ruddy's Cavaliers (2-4) 1238
    TS Heaver (5-1) 1765 d Team Stowie (4-2) 1564

Division One

CK Nicks (4-2) 1448 d Jasmine's Mob (2-4) 1316
    Oh Sixteen (3-3) 1353 d The Cripples (1-5) 1291
    The Raptors (2-4) 1655 d Run TMC (2-4) 1159
    El Bonanzas (5-1) 1533 d Nahla vs Little Dee (4-2) 1167
    Biggest Losers (3-3) 1431 d Wafty Boxes (2-4) 1083
    Crossy Crusaders (4-2) 1685 d Paky Ballers (4-2) 1361

Division Two

Broady Broncos (5-1) 1380 d Harden the Interruption (2-4) 1348
    Hinrich Manoeuvre (5-1) 1636 d Paul George John Ringos (3-3) 1450
    Team Short (5-1) 1450 d Nettin Blatche (3-3) 1448
    Adelaide Maggots (2-4) 1365 d Fab 5 (5-1) 1345
    Heat Nation (3-3) 1443 d Travy's Boys (1-5) 1287
    San Diego Anchormen (1-5) 1472 d Jimmy G Buckets (1-5) 1385

Division Three

Laino's Nuggets (5-1) 1403 d The Delly of the Beast (2-4) 1202
    Smokin Joe Misiti (4-2) 1721 d Wing Span (3-3) 722
    Dann's Stars (5-1) 1583 d Flying Kents (2-4) 1454
    Run T Mull C (1-5) 1276 d Larry Byrd Gang (1-5) 1188
    Morris Magic (2-4) 1187 d Hoop Hunters (2-4) 1106
    Fully Fledged Spuds (4-2) 1667 d Mr Peggasoreass (5-1) 1348

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Steve
      Steve
      A bit pressed for time this week, so I won't go into the states for the round.

The photo above was from the national anthem at the Clippers and Suns game at Staples Centre.
    2. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      Top 5 Players for the week:

John Wall 294
      Reggie Jackson 261
      Steph Curry 251
      James Harden 251
      Anthony Davis 229

3. anthak
      anthak
      Ive gone a bit nuts today and entered 8 moneyball comps

Hopefully Patty Mills has his 3 goggles on today!

4. anthak
      anthak
      I like that I had 2 of them :)

Thanks for posting this
    5. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      how'd u fare Ant?
    6. dabombers
      dabombers
      Lovin this moneyball trip.
      No payday yet but refining my team structures each day.
      Today im going with no 9k plus players. Spreading the love a bit more instead of hoping for a prayer out of a 3.5k player.

Hey Anthak think you will catch up to me today will make for an interesting last day in our matchup!!

PS. Is anyone still playing in the keepers league??
    7. Steve
      Steve
      Since my win a few weeks ago, I have not even got close in Moneyball since. I think the best I have done is around 85th spot.

There is a lot of luck involved.

Yeah I am thinking the same thing DaBombers, I think you need to have an even spread instead of spending big on a player with a salary of $10k and then hoping for a couple of $4k players to come good on the same day.
    8. dabombers
      dabombers
      Wasl Lookin good today in moneyball until Teague and Porzingas put up quite healthy spud efforts.
      Back to the drawing board.
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Not bad mate. Yesterday and today, ive won $$ in a few things.

Ive actually finished 1st in doubleup comp 2 days in a row. Shame 1st pays same as all other placings in doubleup haha
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Nah mate, i was never gone catch ya, and even if i did, it wouldnt have been good enough.

Well done bud. I was never in it
    11. anthak
      anthak
      On the Saturday, I outlayed $59 across 7 comps (the 8th was cancelled) and returned $107.90 in prizes.
      Then on Sunday, I outlayed $69 across 7 comps and returned $88 in prizes.

all up, since I started playing moneyball, I have deposited $85 real money into the account, and Ive won $336.40 in prizes all up, but some of that has been reinvested. Before today's games, my account was sitting at $156.40, so almost doubled my money.
      I feel that Im just plodding along at the moment, trying to work it all out, but I have been close to some big wins with scores from some comps being good enough for big money in others etc, and I reckon its only a matter of time; however I am also conscious that could be problematic thinking haha.

12. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      I have played in 49 comps and only cashed in 7 (about 15%), although I am only about $7 down overall. Helps that I had a $100+ win in there.

I am a bit like Ant - think I am starting to work it out, just have to try and get in the right contests. Doesn't help when Rad E Cool plays like he did today - smashed it!
    13. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      been interesting reading all the Moneyball anecdotes.

Heard that DFS was outlawed in New York State after the judge ruled that it was 'gambling'. And need a gambling licence to operate in NY (like other states in the US). DFS sites have appealed but it's been causing a little chaos.

Essentially, the issue is whether it's a game of skill or chance? Going by your experiences ('there's a lot of luck involved', etc), sounds like it's more a game of chance = gambling??

If you do thorough research and look at spreads, status updates, value plays etc you can do okay in it...
    14. anthak
      anthak
      man, Ive got a fair bit still to work out. After a few good days in a row, Ive had my 2 worst days in a row, and today isnt looking any good either :(
      Im starting to run bare on the old cash reserves...
      I might just go in $2 comps and try to build it back up again hahaha

$36 return from $2 outlay is pretty good. Just gotta win it, thats all

15. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      Or go for the double ups where you have 50% chance of winning?
      Otherwise tournaments is <15% of a return.

Ideally you should bankroll 90% cash games vs 10% GPPs....
    16. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      As someone that started with an opening balance of $50 and has a current balance of $399.90, of course I'd say it was completely a skill game! But seriously, what Heaver is saying could be correct although I look at it more in terms of pinball being outlawed in the US up until the '70s due to it being a 'game of chance' rather than skill until it was proven by a gun pinball player who honed his skill on illegal games. So I wouldn't look too much into the USA's gambling laws and definitions of skill and chance.

I have found my DFS success has been in betting on the 'late' leagues where it's just a few games rather than the full suite. Firstly because there's less competition but also the restricted range of players gives a better chance of optimising your squad than the multitude of choices you could make for a full slate of games.

Also, I won my two $200+ prizes in games the morning after my Rostered Day Off - I had a bit more time to think about the matchups and look at the pace and offensive/defensive team stats. Doing homework helps for sure in picking undervalued players (bench guys starting due to injury/suspension or guys a couple of games after returning from an injury).
    17. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      I definitely concur here on having more success on days when there is less games, or by playing in contests where there are less games involved. I would say the majority of my wins have been in contests where they are only 4 or so games to choose from. Looking OK again today but still a couple of players still playing.
    18. anthak
      anthak
      I ended up going in a $10 doubleup, a $10 winner takes all (just for fun), and 2x $2 comps. I got the doubleup at least, so ive broken my drought, but still went $4 backwards on the day. I can live with that.

19. anthak
      anthak
      Good work mate