2016 MSD Discussion/Trade Tabling Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Draft order now in 2nd post

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Can we do trades on bama's behalf too :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

After a lot of debate, some disagreement and a lot of to-ing and fro-ing (and now that the draft order is confirmed), there's a trade I'll post.

It has a few component parts so -

Darraweit trades: David Armitage, Justin Westhoff, Tom Jonas (pretty reluctantly) and Garrick Ibbotson, as well as the Guim's second round 2017 PSD pick (currently sitting at pick #26) to Lovely Banks.

Lovely Banks trades: The Lilacs 2016 MSD picks #1, #4 and #8, Jake Carlisle (suspended until 2017) and first round 2017 PSD pick (currently sitting at pick #1).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Massive trade! A clear winner as well in my opinion...

On the humorous side though, unsure on the reluctance in trading Jonas as well Chris, scored above 71 once this year! Hahaha, well played though!

5. Len

It's an interesting trade, but not one I have an issue with, need to post it in the right thread though ;)

6. chris88

Sorry Len, I'll put it in the right thread.

When he's not hitting guys, Jonas is a solid reliable player. He'll get on the park and give you 65-70 ppg as a defender most of the time. That's been good enough to be D4 for me this year. Carlisle doesn't average a whole heap more than that and is a riskier play - but so be it.

It was hard to trade all these guys at once, especially given Westhoff's back to his best up forward after a slow start and Armitage is averaging 90+ every week in the midfield. All of these guys have got plenty of good footy left in them but aren't going to be around when Darraweit looks to be in contention again.

So I may as well try to use some draft picks constructively (and hopefully far better than in the past) to build. And hopefully the traded players provide Lovely Banks with able and reliable bodies on the park who score consistently alongside the youngsters and give them the chance to delist what Jen described to me as "a whole heap of deadwood".

• Like Like x 1
  7. chris88

Also, really quickly - a massive thanks to Len for getting that draft order up and about. After looking through the trades made around PSD time at the start of the year, the amount of change and number of trades made which involved picks in the MSD was significant.

Thanks Len.

• Like Like x 3
  8. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested in Alex Neal-Bullen (ANB), I am interested in hearing from you.
    ANB
    pick #40 2014 National Draft;
    fringe member of the strong Melbourne side, 2 games this year (74 and 43 points);
    D/M designation;
    cannot get a run at either spot in the current Cow's side, hence the opportunity.

Would like a second round MSD pick or a young, as yet to debut ruck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I need a playing RUCK! talk to me! PLEASE! :)

If draft picks are your thing then just take all of mine!

• Like Like x 3
  10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

It might be a bit of a sellers' market. Pm's from parties interested in a playing ruck are always welcome. Otherwise you will never know who might be available or negotiable. :D But you should be aware my preferred currency is a young(ish) high quality playing mid.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Battlers are happy to hear all offers. Probably wouldn't waste too much of your time on Treloar or Hunter, but happy to consider most others.

12. chris88

I have three players particularly on offer and am looking for a further MSD pick in the first 7.

I'd be happy to discuss a trade involving one of the players below for this type of pick - the deal could be straight up for the MSD pick or I'd maybe ask for a late 2017 PSD draft pick (which we could discuss) or a decent swap of late-ish PSD picks depending on the deal.

The players are:
    Levi Greenwood - M - 27yo average 71.5 (8 of 12 games scoring over 70)
    Brad Hill - M - 22yo average 62.2 (missed first four games, last 3 games 86, 59, 87)
    Mitch McGovern - F - 21yo average 58.6 across the season (has played all games for the Crows in his first season or senior footy)

Brad Hill's 2016 average is down on the 77 average he recorded across 2014 and 2015. He had a late start to the season.

Let me know your interest if you have any.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  13. Len

Turns out we traded out our 2nd round MSD pick, 2 and 38 are a long way apart..

Jake Barrett and Kristian Jaksch are unfortunately likely to be delisted, whilst I believe they have futures I can't carry this many non-players week to week so an offer around them that improves my draft position would be welcome.

14. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Cradle Mountain need to cut two players from their list, one of these players will be Jake Spencer.

We told Trent West and Josh Walker at Thursday's match committee meeting for this weekend's practice match that one of them would be cut. Walker made it clear that he wants to remain a Devil, with 16 disposals, nine marks and four goals this afternoon whereas West went AWOL. We are still waiting to find out what happened to West and come to think of it no-one at Cradle Mountain can recall seeing Jake Spencer at the footy club for weeks either. As it stands West will be the second Devil cut.

• Like Like x 2
  15. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Nuffers advise that Cam Ellis Yolman and Hugh Goddard have been issued with DCM's this evening.

16. Len

Free Agents list added as a 2nd Tab to the Draft Table in the Draft thread

• Like Like x 1
  17. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

We bantering in here?

Save some Port guys for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Len

Chris was on at 7:50, must just want to keep us in suspenders

19. chris88

So sorry Len, utterly lost track of the time.

I'm around for a while now, so let's roll I guess.

20. chris88

Also, just quickly Len - how do I access the second tab (free agents) in the MSD thread? Can't see anywhere to swap tabs.