Best Buys – Round 17

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Jul 13, 2016.

By tipbetpro on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

Tonight’s State of Origin 3 write-up is out (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!State-of-Origin-3-Special/xtmz9/57850f470cf297558e0ba0a1) and tips soon (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!current-round/kzu9o), and we also have our write-up out for the England v Pakistan test/series (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!tips-and-bets/zxtux) – we’ve been busy.

Hmmmm, who don’t I like….

Firstly – I do rate this player, big big fan, so I hope he doesn’t get injured or something.

He has been an SC favourite for a while now, but didn’t have a great start to the season – but has come good now (or so it seems). Have somewhat missed the really cheap boat, but he is still good value at $525k – and don’t let that low-ish average of 106 put you off, as that was just due to the poor start. I am of course talking about Mr Sam Mitchell. If you do want him though, you better be quick as he plays on Thursday night!

Again, the format below is:
    POSITION Name (CLUB) – current price (expected increase) – AVERAGE

DEFENDERS
    Rookies:

F/D Matthew Hammelmann (BRL) - 117k (+18k) - AVG=41
    DEF Mitchell Brown (WCE) - 134k (+18k) - AVG=45

Keepers:
    DEF Rory Laird (ADE) - 489k (+10k) - AVG=98
    DEF Kade Simpson (CAR) - 536k (+2k) - AVG=105
    DEF Sam Docherty (CAR) - 550k (-9k) - AVG=108

Midfielders
    Rookies: (none?)

Keepers: (There are lots of good mids – this list is not exhaustive… or even close)

MID Luke PARKER (SYD) - 521k (+24k) - AVG=111 (appears to have come good after his mid-year slump)
    MID Sam Mitchell (HAW) - 525k (+20k) - AVG=106 (BoTW!! – so maybe avoid…)
    MID Daniel Hannebery (SYD) - 540k (+7k) - AVG=115
    MID Jack Steven (STK) - 545k (+1k) - AVG=108
    MID Josh P. Kennedy (SYD) - 548k (-1k) - AVG=108
    MID Lachie Neale (FRE) - 574k (-2k) - AVG=114
    MID Joel Selwood (GEE) - 583k (-10k) - AVG=112
    MID Rory Sloane (ADE) - 593k (-9k) - AVG=110
    MID Scott Pendlebury (COL) - 606k (+5k) - AVG=119
    MID Patrick Dangerfield (GEE) - 731k (-19k) - AVG=135 (Should come down a bit more, so you can wait)

Rucks
    Rookies: none

Keepers:

RUC Todd Goldstein (NTH) - 532k (+1k) - AVG=112
    RUC Max GAWN (MEL) - 578k (+3k) - AVG=117

Forwards
    Rookies:

FWD Jack Silvagni (CAR) - 117k (+36k) - AVG=60 (I reckon 50%+ of teams will be bringing him in)
    FWD Jarrod Garlett (GCS) - 185k (+21k) - AVG=58
    FWD Patrick McGinnity (WCE) - 200k (+32k) - AVG=72 (A bit more expensive, but doing well)

Keepers:
    M/F Aaron Hall (GCS) - 419k (+19k) - AVG=96
    FWD Lance Franklin (SYD) - 464k (+11k) - AVG=97 (Not a massive fan of goal kicking forwards in SC – but it is Buddy after all)
    M/F Dayne Zorko (BRL) - 518k (+1k) - AVG=111
    M/F Zac Merrett (ESS) - 542k (+11k) - AVG=107
    M/F Dustin MARTIN (RIC) - 578k (-14k) - AVG=109

Still a week away – either due to a bye, or only having played one game:
    DEF Reuben William (BRL) - 102k - AVG=59
    DEF Mitchell White (MEL) - 246k - AVG=84 (Will he be a mid-range downgrade?)
    DEF Jack Grimes (MEL) - 414k - AVG=121 (Not a bad first game)
    DEF Heath Shaw (GWS) - 535k - AVG=110 (Will come down even further – may be BoTW again soon)
    FWD Oleg Markov (RIC) - 117k - AVG=75
    FWD Liam McBean (RIC) - 151k - AVG=38
    MID Ryan Clarke (NTH) - 117k - AVG=60
    R/F Sam Naismith (SYD) - 124k - AVG=44
    RUC Sam Michael (ESS) - 124k - AVG=58

So that’s Best Buys for this week.

Good luck to all with your trades and hopefully some wins on the weekend. For all your trade discussion feel free to join us in the comments section below.

Cheers
    http://www.tipbetpro.com/ - your statistically tested guide to tipping and betting on AFL, NRL and Cricket

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Jul 13, 2016.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      cheers once again mate

I will possibly bring in Hanneberry for Ablett, this frees up cash but not enough to upgrade Petracca to Z Merrett as planned

I will work out whether I want to sit on the 1 trade (and $110k) or trade Ruggles to Silvagni this week (leaves $313k in the bank) and do the F6 upgrade only next week

Fingers crossed Barlow is back for Round 17 to cover Libba

Any love out there for The Bont and Rockliff who have healthy 5 round averages after slow starts to the year ??
    2. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Noooo don't curse Smitch, I just got him last week! Avoided the JJ curse too as I had other pressing matters at hand. I would love to just go bang and get Hanners or Ducky for GAJ but now need to make some money off him to upgrade Biggs at the same time.

Luke Shuey is nicely priced, in good form and is a massive POD and would also allow me to trade Biggs to Rance. I was all set on R. Gray but leaves me just short of Rance and other cheaper defensive options just aren't that appealing. Happy to hear anyones thoughts, cheers.
    3. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      The Bont is a great option imo and I have Rocky and am happy with him in my side
    4. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      Love the Bont (too many mids to name them all) and didn't want to mention Rocky as he has already been a BoTW and hoping he does well quietly...
    5. IPOD
      IPOD
      Ablett - Sloane, Libba - Buddy via Dusty dpp fwd to mid leaves 6 trades and 110k. Would like to get Silvagni in for cash but in my mind trades a
      re sacred and with 6 trades left (if i do these 2) cant burn them yet on cash generation
      • Like Like x 1
    6. leb3
      leb3
      Ablett - Neale for me.

My side is fully upgraded however i have no bench cover in the mids with Trengove, Macpherson and Phillips. Also thin on cover in the fwds with Dougal Howard injured and Silvangi playing on field last week to cover dahlhaus and Wells (who will hopefully be back this week)!

This is the reason that i am really interested in bringing in Clay Smith. Fwd/Mid DPP cover for any one week injury/suspension and can score at a relatively high level, being essentially my M9 and F7. Am i wasting a trade to go Trengove - Smith as a sideways trade (actually costs me money) or is the extra bench player important? Will leave me with 6 trades and a fully upgraded side (depending on aforementioned Wells and Dahl)
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Owen
      Owen
      I'm also looking at Clay, due to many injuries this season I've been forced to look for depth and bargains. Last week I brought in Gaff for M8 - possibly M9 and this week I'm looking at Petracca for Clay.
    8. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Been liking dishing out the polls again of late so here is my first of this week, if you could choose a pairing from below which would it be?

:1: R.Gray and JJ
      :2: Shuey and Rance
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 6
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      you may well be right - of course his 2 game sample this year could easily be misleading (ie Hoppers 90 average his first 2 games and 61 average in his next 4), so if he only averages 70 form here is he worth the $237k cost ?? His previous scoring history gives me some confidence but I am not entirely convinced. While vfl form can be a handy guide players can dominate in the 2s and struggle in the 1's.

Perhaps you would be better trading Wells or Dahlhaus if they are not named than sidewaysing your M9 ??
    10. Moggies
      Moggies
      Got home late from work and missed out on Hanneberry for Ablett. :(
      So,,, any love for Callan Ward out there? Appears to be excellent value at 490k with 107 avg.
      • Like Like x 5
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Ward is a good pick for mine but are there any other options you are considering ??
    12. Moggies
      Moggies
      Cash is an issue so limited options in the mids, the other bloke I want to bring in is Zorko once Mathieson's value peaks
      • Like Like x 1
    13. pollypies
      pollypies
      I have Ablett and Libba. Currently fighting for eighth spot in my cash league, projected to lose this round but even the last two rounds. I have only $800 cash and 8 trades.

:1:Trade Collins for Castagna/Himmelman, freeing up cash to trade Neale for Ablett, and leaving $152k to upgrade Kerridge or Tippa next week. Hope Libba is back next week.
      :2:Trade Ablett and Libba out which would only give me a combined $984.6K, allowing a semi-premium duo to replace them, looking at players like Gray, Ward, Cotchin., Sidebottom, even Hall (with Ablett out)
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1