NBA review round 14

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Feb 7, 2015.

By Steve on Feb 7, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Lets get straight into the reviews for Round 14.

Premier League

TS Heaver (10-4) 1454 defeated The Ticking Time Bomb (5-8) 1354

Games played 42-39 in favour of Heaver

This match was very tight until the 2nd to last day of the round where Heaver was able to gain a 100 pt lead. Leading scorers for Heaver were Griffin (191/4), Millsap (177/3) and DeRozan (158/4). Leading scorers for Time Bomb were Cousins (152/3), Jack (140/2) and Greek Freak (125/3).

King of Karlos (8-6) 1398 defeated Run TMC (4-10) 952

Games played were 40-31 in favour of King of Karlos

Karlos has timed his run to the finals nicely and Hassanity is leading the way for his team. This match was over from the very start and the best players for Karlos were Hassanity (154/3), Hayward (170/30) and CP3 (188/4). Run TMC only had 2 players break the 100 pt mark this round and they were Lawson (135/4) and Vucevic (135/3).

Ruddy's Cavaliers (10-4) 1424 defeated Straight Up Ballin (5-9) 1314

Games played were 43-42 in favour of Ruddy.

After a flat spot in the middle of the season, the Cavaliers have now bounced back to form and gearing up for their final's assault. This was a must win match for Straight Up Ballin to have any hope of making the finals and this loss sees them eliminated from finals contention. The best players for Ruddy this round were Z-Bo (209/4), Ellis (197/4) and Covington (140/4). While the leading scorers for Straight Up Ballin were Noel (168/4), LBJ (173/4) and Lowry (154/4).

Wade Machine (6-8) 1310 defeated Too Seriouseses (0-14) 1043

Games played were 38-29 in favour of Wade Machine

Wade Machine has been one of the form teams as of late and showed no mercy to the winless Too Seriouseses. The only way Walesy is going to avoid relegation is to win the minor grand final but his team needs to turn things around fast. Best players for Wade Machine were Jordan (193/4), Curry (189/3) and Lou Williams (189/4). MCW was the best for Walesy with (151/4), Love (139/4) and Smoove (133/3).

Team Stowie (13-1) 1457 defeated Westside Hardcore (8-6) 1457

Games played were 41-39 in favour of Westside.

Once again Stowie showed he is the team to beat this season with a comfortable victory over Westside. Irving was the star of the show this round with (259/4), followed by Noah (169/3) and Beard (144/3). Monobrow was the best for Westside with (161/2), Valancuinas (134/4) and Pek (123/4).

Hersey Hawkins Athletic Club (11-3) 1445 defeated The Jug O Naughts (4-10) 1393

Games played were 42-40 in favour of HHAC

This match was very close right throughout and it went down to the final day where HHAC came from behind to get the win. Leading scorers for HHAC were Aldridge (203/4), Knight (145/3) and Amir Johnson (138/4). The best players for JON were Pau Gasol (175/3), Pat Pat (145/4) and Ryan Anderson (132/3).

Division One

<div>
    Biggest Losers - 1537 def Ant Hak - 1530

Top Scorers: BL - A Horford - 174, AH - K Irving - 259
    Games Played: BL - 47, AH - 43
    In what was the closest game for the round the Losers came out on top by the smallest of margins. This game came down to the last quarter of the last game for the week, a Superbowl special between the New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers. Carlos Boozer took over the game in the 3rd quarter and put up some big points but it was the last quarter heroics from Ed Davis and Tim Hardaway Jnr that got the Losers over the line. This was just a small speedhump for Ant Hak on their way to the playoffs, but the win kept the playoff dream alive for the Losers.

Jasmine's Mob - 1152 def Hinrich Manoeuvre - 1048

Top Scorers: JMOB - P Gasol - 175, HRM - L James - 173
    Games Played: JMOB - 37, HRM - 37
    The Mob had to scramble in the last couple of days but eventually got the win over HRM. Jasmine's heart must have been in her mouth when James Harden hobbled off with a knee injury during the week but he came back on and continued to light it up like he has done all season long. HRM suffered another loss and I am sure GM Woodford is looking forward to putting this season behind him.

The Real MVP - 1606 def Hall of Famers - 1471

Top Scorers: L6 - L Williams - 189, FAME - S Curry - 189
    Games Played: L6 - 40, FAME - 41
    In what was a week when the 3 top teams in the competition all got beaten, The Real MVP were able to take the honours over the Famers. The Real MVP used the waiver wire well and had a balanced contribution from all players to secure the win. GM Brett T would not be happy with this loss and will be hoping to regroup next week to right the ship in preparation for the playoffs.

The Fab 5 - 1384 def Crossy's Crusaders - 1357

Top Scorers: F5 - L Aldridge - 203, CC - B Griffin - 191
    Games Played: F5 - 41, CC - 40
    Another game, another loss to one of the championship favourites. This time it was Crossy's Crusaders that went down to The Fab 5. GM Cross used up a couple of acquisitions on the last day but it wasn't quite enough to get over The Fab 5. Crossy has had some pretty scratchy form over the past few weeks but everyone still seems to think he will be right in the mix come playoff time. GM Bodo is facing relegation and unfortunately I don't think there is much he can do to avoid it.

Adelaide Maggots - 1301 def Broady Broncos - 1159

Top Scorers: AM - H Whiteside - 154, BB - D Cousins - 152
    Games Played: AM - 40, BB - 41
    The Maggots notched up their second win of the season and GM Sears has only two words to say - Hassan Whiteside. This guy is doing his best Anthony Davis impression with some massive scores over the past couple of weeks. He even has a song named after him - Mr Whiteside by The Killers! Picking up Whiteside would have to be the best use of the waiver wire for the year - one highlight in a pretty ordinary season for GM Sears. The Broncos have lost 3 on the trot and are slipping down the ladder and out of playoff contention.

The Raptors - 1521 def CK Nicks - 1119

Top Scorers: RAP - M Ellis - 197, CKNY - G Dieng - 172
    Games Played: RAP - 40, CKNY - 39
    In a one-sided affair The Raptors took their winning streak to 3 with this emphatic victory over the Nicks. GM Mr G is looking strong heading towards the business end of the season and will be looking to shake things up in the playoffs. Meanwhile GM CK has accepted his fate and is looking forward to next season where he can do whatever he wants in Div 2 without GM Pearce doing the weekly write-ups and criticising every move he makes!

Division Two

What a round! The battle for top spot between the two teams tied for the best record (Nahla Vs Little Dee vs Paky Ballers) went right down to the wire. Paky Ballers went into the final day with a 25 point lead and only Sullinger to play. Nahla had Evan Turner and T Zeller. Sullinger sat on -1 for most of the game and Turner stunk it up. In the end Nahla scored 34 to the Paky's 1 which was just not enough to steal the victory. Final score Paky Ballers 1361 d Nahla V Little Dee 1359 and Paky Ballers in outright first. Another very close game took place between Laino's Nuggets and Enter Team Name Here. Going in to the final day Laino held a slender 10 point lead with no players scheduled to play but 4 trades in hand. ETNH had Ellington playing but no trades left. Laino pulled the trigger and swapped J Nelson and S Hill for Boozer and Calderon who delivered 74 points and sealed the win which also kept Laino in the finals hunt.

With two rounds to go, all but one team remain in finals contention. Only Paky Ballers (11-3) and Nahla v Little Dee (10-4) are safe in the playoffs. Wafty Boxes (9-5) who are leading the Too conference and 2nd overall could still miss out with 4 teams being within 2 games. Currently 3 teams sit on 7-7 records and 4 teams on 6-8. XYZ ElBonz sit in between it all on 8-6. Although Doobia Dominators is sitting last (1-13) they can still do some damage as finally Martin, Derozan and even Kawhi Leonard are all back and playing minutes.

Top team score this week belonged to Wafty Boxes 1608 and lowest score belonged to Cyril33s Crushers 945. Top scoring player was Kyrie 259 for Smokinjoe Misiti

Every game is a big game this week!

Wafty Boxes (9-5) 1608 d Nettin Blatche (7-7) 1270
    1. Griffin 191/4 WB
    2. Curry 189/3 NB
    3. Milsap 177/3 NB
    4. M Gasol 173/4 WB
    5. Whiteside 154/3 WB

Travys Boys (6-8) 1370 d Cyril33s Crushers (6-8) 945
    1. Aldridge 203/4 TB
    2. D Jordan 193/4 TB
    3. Melo 140/4 CC
    4. Love 139/4 CC
    5. Ibaka 133/3 TB

Laino's Nuggets (6-8) 1264 d Enter Team Name Here (7-7) 1188
    1. Lou Williams 189/4 LN
    2. LBJ 173/4 ETNH
    3. Wall 167/3 LN
    4. Wiggins 163/4 ETNH
    5. Covington 140/4 LN

Smokinjoe Misiti (6-8) 1359 d Doobia Dominators (1-13) 1113
    1. Irving 259/4 SM
    2. CP3 188/4 DD
    3. Pau 175/3 SM
    4. Horford 174/3
    5. Dieng 172/4

Paky Ballers (11-3) 1361 d Nahla Vs Little Dee (10-4) 1359
    1. Monta 197/4 PB
    2. Noel 168/4 PB
    3. Davis 161/3 NVLD
    4. Boogie 152/4 PB
    5. Knight 145/3 NVLD

Peg's Men Lethal (7-7) 1537 d XYZ ElBonz (8-6) 1122
    1. ZBo 209/4 PML
    2. Hayward 170/3 PML
    3. Noah 169/4 PML
    4. Lowry 154/4 PML
    5. Harden 144/3 XYZ

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Steve
      Steve
      I will post the Div 3 results later.
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Cool. Thanks everyone.
    3. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Cheers for the writeup.
      I think yesterday was the most ive scored in a single day, ever! Scored 469 and it could have been even more as I had Jordan Clarkson's 43 on the bench.
    4. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      Massive score mate!
      If Crossy beats Ant this tomorrow it looks as if the top 4 teams will all be 10-5 heading into the last round! And none of them play each other so anything could happen!
    5. crossy
      crossy
      yeah think my chances of beating ant are pretty slim mate :)
    6. Steve
      Steve
      That fall by Monobrow today was very scary.

At first I thought he landed on his head but then I watched it again and he has landed on his shoulder.

I don't think we will see him in the All Star Game.

Looking forward to the 3 pt contest more than the Slam Dunk contest this year. I reckon the Greek Freak will win the Slam dunk contest.
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, that's huge! Nice one

8. anthak
      anthak
      Wow, yeah that would be interesting. However, i'll be doing my best for that NOT to happen :)
      I'm a little behind atm, and it looks like another close finish again for tomorrow!

9. headmandude
      headmandude
      Aggghhhh wake up this morning to find out that Griffin is out 2-6 weeks with a staph infection. Not the news you want when you are going in to the final day with a slender lead and already 1 man down. Damn these early East Coast games!
    10. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      got Griffin (1st rd pick) and Kemba (4th rd pick) out for the fantasy playoffs now :( bit of crapshoot when it comes to who becomes champion...think this happened last year too!
    11. headmandude
      headmandude
      I'm keeping fingers crossed that Griffin only takes 2 weeks. This week and next week for the all star break. Back in time for fantasy playoffs. Yes it is a reach but they do say 2-6 weeks so I'm looking at best case scenario :). No Collison, MCW and only Durant for 1 game has killed me this week
    12. Steve
      Steve
      I had a 50/50 chance of winning today but now I have found that Bledsoe is out for personal reasons (birth of his child)

I must have really pissed off the fantasy basketball gods this year.
    13. costak
      costak
      I actually think I am going to miss you Pearcey if I do go down. If I win in the final round and do get relegated it'd be with a 8-8 record. Pretty harsh, but rules are rules. As I said, there is still the consol finals to go. If I survive I will eagerly await your review :p
    14. stowie
      stowie
      I thought you would cruise to a win today, but those late outs have killed ya. I need PHX and SAC to go into OT... and the IT needs to go nuts to pull out a win against Fez.
    15. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      Would be a great effort if you won all the consol finals mate - I will definitely be keeping an eye on it!
    16. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      Massive last round in Div 1! Looks like Ant Hak has seen up best record but still tight at the top for most points between Ant, Crossy and Jasmine.
      I need to win and Ant to beat Jasmine to make playoffs - GO ANT!!!!
    17. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      I remember a couple of seasons ago you managed to win the consol final and avoid relegation. No reason why you can't this season, especially if Westbrook keeps knocking up 100+ fantasy points a game.
    18. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      Lucky you were nice to Ant in your reviews Pearcey or else i could envision a day or 2 when he wasn't able to get to a PC on time to set his team .....kidding
    19. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      Funny you say that Brett because Jasmine forgot to set her team for today's games haha