TS NBA fantasy basketball 2016/17

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Steve, Sep 6, 2016.

By Steve on Sep 6, 2016 at 8:13 PM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

As the start of the NBA season is now less than 2 months away, I thought it would be a good idea to create a blog asking people to renew their interest in playing this season.

This is the 7th season of the TS NBA fantasy basketball leagues.

If you would like to play again this season, you will need to post a comment below to say that you are interested in playing again.

Any newcomers are also welcome to join, please post a comment below to say that you would like to play. Last year we had 4 leagues, so depending on the level of interest, we would possibly create another league. If not, we will place your name on a waiting list and and see if there are any people who drop out from last year (the waiting list will be in the order of who indicates their interest first)

We use the ESPN fantasy basketball site and we use a scoring system that has been designed by the players within TS NBA community.

Anthak will work out who is in what league this year and we will send out the invites to join the relevant league once we work out who is playing.

If you have any questions, post them in the comments below and someone will be able to help you.

Sub-Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Steve, Sep 6, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Jasmine
    2. chris88
      chris88
      Regrettably I'll have to decline I am afraid.
    3. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Gonna need some sort of off season fantasy fix. Wasn't spell binding in my first foray but hey count me in again.
    4. anthak
      anthak
      sorry to hear some of you cannot go again this season :(

here's an update for the new page:

bold means they have already recommitted for this season. italics means theyve confirmed out

Premier League:
      HEAVER , rev, anthak, stowie, dabombers, bgt2110, Steve, karlos, Mick, rodgo, ddsaints, yumcha

Division 1:
      LiQuiD_SiXx, Ruddy, Chris White, costak, Jasmine , Pearcey47, crossy, twoeyec, doolz, Don_Cottagers, tasho, lethal

Conference leagues will be made up of the following. I will be mainly keeping everyone in their current leagues because its easier, and just renaming them 'conference 1' etc. Also, if any of these folk need to move up into Div 1, it will be in this queue order:
      G-Train, walesy, Owen, headmandude, fez, nicksnow, @UnderAchievers , Rad_E_Cool, HEATalicious, maggots, OutKast_au, trav00, Spurs_jay, macca118, Danners, smokinjoemisiti, chris88, Lano24, Emes, That KI Guy , Jamie___, Peaches, jmulldihno, BradM

Waiting list in case of vacancies:
      ViQBoZ

Looks like we will need some more people, so spread the word. We've currently only got 34 confirmed, which isnt even enough for 3 leagues. It would be nice to keep at least 4 leagues, otherwise the change of structure was not really worth it :) lol

We will set up a new thread in the coming days to discuss changes to the promotion/relegation setup for this season.
    5. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      I'm not going on this season sorry guys. Thanks for having me the past few years.
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
    6. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I'm keen to have a crack - have developed a renewed interest in the NBA (possibly thanks to watching the Boomers and also catching streams of several other games).
      Although I will be a novice, I'm sure I will pick it up fairly quick if I get a gig :)
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Awesome, good to hear bearfly.
      Maybe new to nba, but your interest and knowledge in hoops and nbl will surely hold you in good stead.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Am also looking forward to the NBL this season, some red hot imports have been recruited and also some big Aussie names returning to the league.
      Will also be good to finally see the Bullets back in the comp - my 36er's have always had huge rivalries with both Perth and the Bullets over the life of the league and it will be great to resume the rivalry with Brissy
      • Like Like x 1
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Im very sorry to hear you wont be continuing mate, you've brought so much to the comp during your time in the leagues.

Same with the other guys leaving, but yours was least expected.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Rev
      Rev
      I'm in!
    11. Steve
      Steve
      Shame to see some of the original members not being able to play this year.

Ant, I will follow up with BradM, he works in my department but I think he might be on holidays at the moment but I will send him a txt. He was keen to play last time I spoke to him . I will get him to post a comment here to confirm his interest for this season.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Steve
      Steve
      Sorry to see you go Pearcey.

Moneyball must be taking up too much of your time ;)
      • Like Like x 2
    13. HEAVER
      HEAVER
      While I think that our TS points scoring system is fun, I recommend the ‘category’ scoring system as well. There are typically 9 categories in a standard league (pts/assists/rebs/blks/stls/TOs/3s made/FT%/FG%) with teams going Head-To-Head for those categories each week.

So DM me if you’re interested in joining a 9-cat league Auction Draft & I'll give more details and an invitation.

Host: Yahoo! Fantasy Sports
      Format: Head to Head 9-cat, 10 roster spots, 1 IR spot.
      Draft: Auction (20sec to bid + clock resets after bid; 30sec to nominate)
      Budget: $200
      Draft Time: Weeknight in the week of October 10-14th @ 10pm AEST - specific night decided by vote

Waivers: Free Agent Auction Bid (FAAB) system - players acquired according to highest bidder in a one-bid ‘silent auction’.
      FAAB budget: $100 for entire season
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Emes
      Emes
      count me back in - larry byrd gang
    15. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I'll join as long as I can draft all the player I actually know.
    16. Steve
      Steve
      Ant,

I have spoken to Brad M. He has decided not to play this year.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      Life has gotten in the way unfortunately but thanks for the kind words. Another member to the family means less time for recreational pursuits. No time for Moneyball either so that has all gone by the wayside too!