2 new ORFFF coaches needed for 2017 and beyond

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Sep 20, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hi folks,

Unfortunately we have had @insider and @choppers both pull out of the league. It's sad to lose them both, and we wish them all the best!

The players at Chinchilla and Dingo Beach are becoming restless, wondering what will come of them and their teams now and we need to find some new coaches to steer the respective ships.

Both squads are full of quality (I would quite happily swap into either of them haha).

Your ORFFF board has been discussing how we should do this...
    We are hoping for a fairly quick transition, to allow the new coach to take over before the end of the current trade period, however this has clearly not been our main priority as we have methodically taken a while just to get to this stage, and it still will not remain the main priority.

We have decided to give preference to anyone who expresses interest who is not already in charge of another ORFF franchise. However, we dont want to discourage anyone from putting their hand up.

If anyone is interested to take over one of the two teams, please express your interest by commenting in this thread. If anyone knows of anyone who might be interested, please suggest that they comment in here.

Even if you already take care of another ORFF team, if you are keen let us know. We'll give it a week or so and if there are no other takers it will be yours.

On the evening of Monday 26th at around 4pm we will close this off.
    It will be first in best dressed, except that preference will go to those who arent already with another ORFF team, which is why we need a deadline.

First ones to express their interest also get to nominate which team they wish to take on.
    Also, I should clarify that teams can be relocated and mascots can be changed as the owner sees fit.

If there are no takers, we intend to put a shout-out on the main blog page before the AFL grand final.

Here are links to the two squads:

Chinchilla Chumps - finished 4th and lost a prelim final to the eventual premiers (and did that with Michael Hurley on suspension). : http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=59

Dingo Beach Butchers - finished 13th, but lots of quality on their list. : http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=73

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or private msg me if you prefer...

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

One of these teams has three players I should have, is ninja trading an option?

3. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

I am new to the ORFF but have a friend at work who is part of the ORFFU and I have followed along his progress with some intrest over the course of the last couple of years. I love the concept of having a team that lasts longer than one season so if you will have me I am keen to give the coaching gig a go.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Len

• Like Like x 2
  5. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

I'm happy to pick up a team if the 2 nominees you already have change their minds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brett Sanders

Brett Sanders Well-Known Member

Hi guys, Im new here, just been told by a friend you are looking for new coaches, just wanted to let you know im definitely interested in being involved in the ORFFF. Ive been playing fantasy/Supercoach for around 10 years and I am keen to get involved in this. Thanks, Brett

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

Hi guys, love all forms of footy fantasy (supercoach) just been given the heads up (along with brett Sanders) that you were after two coaches. I'd love to be involved in the ORFFF. I've always wanted to play a fantasy league like this. been playing fantasy 4 years and am obsessed with it. Cheers, Dale

• Like Like x 4
  8. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Got message in inbox from one of you guys wondering if I would join because I been on the site for some time now.
    Whilst I love my fantasy footy leagues I think two fantasy clubs is about my limit even though keeper league for me is off season during next 3 months. I know you guys are active in this period so could help out if someone was really stuck but honestly think it is always better to get those than not involved in any type of keeper league and keen to get their very own fantasy club.

Your two new members directly above me sound the type of candidate to go for.

Hope you find people totally committed as always makes for the best keeper leagues.
    My draft league team won a premiership this year but keeper league come 3rd. More spewing about my keeper league team than celebrating my draft league premiership. Keeper league teams are the best type of fantasy footy investment for those that love their footy but also like to trade and draft players.
    Go for it newbies..

• Like Like x 4
  9. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

10. Len

I'm assuming they come with a sponsor, otherwise first time posters would make me seriously nervous.

11. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

All 3 newbie's came from me!
    Happy to vouch for them, have been up against them in SuperCoach, DreamTeam & Fantasy for years.
    Up to you blokes at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Len

Good enough for me mate, not that I have any say, just been bitten in the past ;)

13. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Nah I reckon I had posted at least twice before you mistakenly allowed me in to dominate the FA :p

• Like Like x 3
  14. anthak

All 3 might get a go mate. Would be a shame to knock anyone back.
    We'll update soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

The Board has convened and is pleased to welcome @Darran, @Brett Sanders and @Dale Duivesteyn to the ORFFF.

Thanks to others for offering their services, however as stated in @anthak opening post, preference was given to those who don’t already have an ORFF team.

I will be stepping down from the Board and as GM/coach of Maralinga and making the franchise available to one lucky new coach. It’s been fun to be an inaugural ‘Tripper, but the poor performance of the Christmas Island Smugglers in the ORRFU and the required remedial action is going to take up most of 2017 (and beyond), so now is a good time to pass on the future ORFFF premiership squad.

So, the following teams are available to the new coaches:

Chinchilla Chumps - http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=59

Dingo Beach Butchers - http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=73

Maralinga Atoms - http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=64

Darran will have first choice, followed by Brett and then Dale. Please post your choices in this thread.

A few housekeeping matters:

• Whoever takes on Maralinga will be subject to the trade agreed with Black Swamp. Please refer to the 2016 post season completed trade thread for details.

• The post-season trade period runs until midnight 2 October, therefore I recommend finalising your team selection as soon as possible to allow a few days for trade talks.

• Teams can be relocated/mascots/colours changed as the new coach sees fit.
    Best of luck (especially to the new Atoms owner) and welcome to the ORFFF!!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

Thankyou @DamoH & the board for your welcome & the opportunity to be part of this.

I am excited to be part of the ORFFF and looking forward to the challenge of coaching.

After some careful consideration following interviews with senior players and key management in all 3 available teams the Chinchilla Chumps are the team that I would like to coach into 2017 and beyond. A relocation and rename during the pre-season is something that the club will look closely at over the next few weeks.

over to you @Brett Sanders

• Like Like x 8
  17. Brett Sanders

Brett Sanders Well-Known Member

Thanks for the opportunity guys. Definitely looking forward to this challenge

After a thoughtful deliberation, I would love to be the one who takes the Maralinga Atoms to future glory.

Thanks again, Let the games begin!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  18. anthak

Great work folks. Thanks @DamoH !

This means @Dale Duivesteyn is the new owner of Dingo Beach Butchers

Sorry to see 3 original coaches leave. But, welcome to the newbies!

Remember the trade deadline closes in a few days everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dale Duivesteyn

Can't wait to spin magic into this team! Has potential trade bait.. This is exciting stuff GO THE DBB!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Dale Duivesteyn

Can't thank the guys who put me in enough! Good luck everyone and Thanks again!

• Like Like x 5