2017 Pre-Season Trade Discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jan 2, 2017.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The Cows are, as always, in rebuilding mode. Albeit this might be the last year of that phase. This is an effort to list my idea of the best in each position as a sort of best 19 of the current 27. This might hint at where there may be opportunities for trading. But, at least three Cows have to go beofre the PSD and another two before the MSD. So be creative and persuasive. Be influenced by the guys burning up the track. You know how to contact me.

What am I looking for? A good, youngish M (or DPP M) who will improve my side. I am enamored with my kids, even the ones who have not played yet. So trading options may be limited.

D - J McGovern, M Hibberd, D Howe (D/M), J McVeigh, C Byrne (currently injured), B Williams, N Newman, R Harwood
    M (inc I/C) - N Fyfe, D Hannebery, T Mitchell, B Crouch, A Hall, M Robinson, N Graham (F/M)
    R - S Jacobs, R O'Brien, C Sinclair (F/R), T Campbell
    F - J Dunkley (F/M), M Wood, D Menzel, R Burton (D/F), T McLean, T Papley (currently injured), K Stewart, B Griffiths

Draft picks: 9, 27, 32, 45, 63 etc.
    Am happy to amalgamate draft picks to move up the order (e.g., 27 and 32 for an earlier and later pick) and snaffle one of this year's bright young baubles. Or to trade one of my best 19 guys and a draft pick in order to secure someone who I think is a really talented player.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Misfits look like a poor fit for 2017 unfortunately, need to divest a few forwards, ideally for draft picks but will consider the right non fwds.
    As always the values vary according to how enamored I am with the players concerned.

Defenders - Rory Laird, Zachary Williams, Jake Lloyd, Marco Paparone, Jack Hombsch, Adam Tomlinson, Michael Hartley
    Midfielders - Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Marc Murphy, Daniel Rich, Luke Dunstan, David Myers
    Rucks - Patrick Ryder, Sean Hampson
    Forwards - Devon Smith, Jamie Elliott, Caleb Daniel, Orazio Fantasia, Joe Daniher, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Josh Bruce, Ben Keays, Matthew Kennedy, Riley Knight, James Rose, Matthew Flynn

3. bama

bama Active Member

Guys,
    Pretty happy with my team but the below players will be delisted, if anyone can see some value in them and wants to get in early with a draft pick or swap of late draft picks let me know.

Ruggles
    Buntine
    Krakour
    Menzel

Thanks

4. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

Following the above leads I am going to put my list out there of most likely delists, any value to anyone I am looking for picks that improve my first 4 PSD picks only, delists will most likely come from this list.
    Jed Anderson FWD
    Paul Seedsman MID
    Jarrad Jansen M/F
    Mark Hutchings MID
    Jonathon Griffin RUC

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

maybe nobody would want to trade players you are delisting Len, but @ChiefRussell or @That KI Guy on the other hand hahaha :)

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

That would be because of my 28 shit players..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Jarryd Blair
    Jordan Murdoch
    Brendon Ah Chee

Likely delists, send me a message if interested

8. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Well CD have given me a reaming after giving Len one... the upside is I'm pretty happy with my midfield stocks, the downside is I am stuffed in the forward line and ruck.

Here is the squad... I desperately need a ruckman, and have a surplus of defenders who will play 20-22 games but at a 65 average

Def: Hooker (D/F), Butler, Davis, Savage, Atley, Brown, Thurlow, McDonald, Bonner, Collins, Oxley
    Mid: Bontempelli, Merrett, Blicavs, Bastinac, Hill, Jack, Swallow, Tucker, Acres (M/F), Duggan
    Ruck: Phillips (R/F)
    Fwd: Hooker (D/F), Phillips (R/F), Acres (M/F), LeCras, Gunston, M. McGovern, Honeychurch, Lonie, Pickett

Draft picks: 7, 13, 25, 61, 79, 97

Everyone except for Bontempelli, Merrett and Phillips (!!!) on the table, won't respond to rediculous bids, and happy to take draft picks for players etc etc etc

I'm open for business!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

When it pains it roars...

INJURY NEWS: Carlton ruckman Andrew Phillips to be sidelined indefinitely due to a stress reaction in his foot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Banditto, perhaps more bad news - I am not sure that Liam Duggan is F/M this year, just M I think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Have sent you a message, Tracey. ☺

12. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The Cradle Mountain Devils aim is to make the progression from ‘masters of mediocrity’ to contenders which shapes as a 2-3 year project. This will mainly be done from the development of young players already on the Devils list and recruiting some more talented youngsters, however we are seeking to trade a 2017 PSD pick – most likely pick 26 for a player that can be part of Cradle Mountain’s 'best 15' for at least three seasons. I am interested in recruiting an experienced forward, defender or ruck - so anyone who isn’t a pure midfielder.

Cradle Mountain’s 2017 squad

Def (9): M Hurley, L Spurr, N Vlastuin, J Lever, S Gilbert, N Smith, D McStay, Z Jones, H Himmelberg

Mid (7): S Pendlebury, D Zorko, D Heppell, S Grigg, D Zaharakis, J Redden, L Shiels

Ruc (3): J Roughead, T Nankervis (R/F), B Longer

Fwd (9): S Johnson, T Membrey, J Hopper (F/M), B Kennedy, D Petrie, J Steele (F/M), J Gresham, T Boyd (F/R), J Walker

With no retirements I have still got 28 players on the list. The five players most likely to be cut from the Devils squad are:

Def: N Smith, D McStay
    Ruc: B Longer
    Fwd: D Petrie, J Walker

I plan on having four selections at the 2017 PSD, if I am unable to do any trades one of the players above is likely to get a reprieve and remain on the CMD list.

Current 2017 PSD picks- 8, 26, 44, 62 & 80.

13. Bandit

After some big negotiations over the trade and auction table in the last couple of days, the Spelunkers squad has changed considerably.

We bid farewell to foundation players Andrew Swallow and Kieren Jack, and Ryan Bastinac and young jet Blake Acres all depart the Spelunkers.

We welcome a significant addition to the ruck stocks with Tom Nicholls coming back to The Pit, with Ben McEvoy and John Ceglar also joining the ruck cohort. Jake Carlisle is a great addition to the team as well... provided he stays off the nose candy.

Def: Hooker (D/F), Butler, Davis, Carlisle (D/F), Savage, Atley, Brown, Thurlow, McDonald, Bonner, Collins, Oxley
    Mid: Bontempelli, Merrett, Blicavs, Hill, Tucker, Duggan
    Ruck: Nicholls, McEvoy, Ceglar, Phillips (R/F)
    Fwd: Hooker (D/F), Carlisle (D/F), Phillips (R/F), LeCras, Gunston, M. McGovern, Honeychurch, Lonie, Pickett

I would like one more early draft pick (1st- early 3rd round), so if a package deal of any of the players above in bold attracts you, there is a bit of a fire sale going on at the moment... you know where to find me!

Draft picks: 7, 12, 13, 43, 97

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. chris88

With the latest round of trading done, Darraweit Guim has settled its midfield, while its defence is in good shape.

Forward/Ruck options will be examined, and trading will continue.

For reference, the Darraweit team is:

DEF: Rance, May, Adams, Saad, McDonald-T'wuti, Byrne-Jones, Gleeson, Stratton
    MID: Coniglio, Lyons, Tyson, Jack, Newnes, Bastinac, Edwards (M/F), Greenwood (M/F), Hrovat (M/F), Hill (M/F), Trengove, Barrett
    RUCK: Sinclair (R/F), Maric
    FWD: Walters, Young, Edwards (M/F), Brown, Greenwood (M/F), Hrovat (M/F), Hill (M/F), Sinclair (R/F), Vickery

PSD DRAFT PICKS: 3, 61,67, 79, 85, 103 (if reqd)
    MSD DRAFT PICKS: Two first rounders (exact picks TBC)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

My team as it stands right now:

DEF - Tom Langdon, Alex Pearce, Garrick Ibbotson, Jed Bews, Dane Rampe, Tom Jonas, Sharrod Wellingham
    FWD - Darcy Moore, Mitch Brown, Hayden Ballantyne, Peter Wright, Darcy Lang, Justin Westhoff, Isaac Heeney
    MID - Scott Thompson, Craig Bird, Darcy Parish, Mat Rosa, Mitch Duncan, Billy Hartung, David Armitage, Kyle Langford M/F, Josh Caddy M/F,
    RUC - Jackson Trengrove, Matthew Lobbe, Rhys Stanley R/F

I have had one retirement and I have delisted one player so they are not on the list here.
    Picks - 21, 31, 39, 57,75

There are 6 to 8 players that everyone asks about most years, most are rising young stars they will not be traded.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Updated list for the Battlers following some recent trade activity.

If you have a ruck that you are happy to trade for a pick - or possibly a pick and a player - let me know. Also happy to consider trading 2 of my picks, or a pick and a player, for a higher pick if that interests anyone.

Def: Dea, T McDonald, Hampton, Sheridan, L McDonald, Cutler, Robertson (D/M), Dawson (D/F),
    Mid: Rischitelli, Treloar, Atkins, Lonergan, Hunter, Sheed, Blakely, Partington
    Fwd: Mayne, Jetta (M/F), Lloyd, Weller, Green, Taylor, Acres (M/F), Turner, McKay
    Ruck: Clarke

Current picks: 17, 22, 30, 38, 46, 49, 66

17. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

More than happy to hold both, but just seeing what my options are. I have two good rucks in Matt Kreuzer and Stef Martin. I'd consider moving one of them on. Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas, I'm after PSD picks and/or any player that would have the potential fit in to my starting 15. A back up ruck is something I'd look into also I guess. My current squad is below.

Once again, more than happy to hold both, but just seeing what my options are and will trade one if it suits me.

Current PSD picks are 11, 47, 65, 83

DEF: Montagna, Docherty, Pittard, Howe, Talia, Mayes
    MID: Beams, O'Meara, Watson, Parker, Gaff, Fiorini, Crisp
    Ruck: Kreuzer, S.Martin
    FWD: B.Deledio, T.Greene, J.Hogan, S.Higgins, J.Watts, E.Yeo, B.Ah Chee, C.Ah Chee, Blair, J.Murdoch, T.Cloke, S.Crameri

18. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Well quite unbelievably, the Lefties still habour a number of 29yrs+ players.

The likes of J Gibson, M Baguley and D Wells are still available for PSD picks.

Offers ranging from reasonable to ludicrous will be considered.

#notreallyafiresale

19. chris88

Geez Fitzy, I should be talking to you about forwards ...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bandit

you've got mail mate :D