ORFFF 2017 Preseason delistments Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by Len, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

5. PLAYING SQUAD DELISTMENTS

5(a) PSD delistments must be completed by the designated time and date to be advised by the ORFFF Commissioner and/or Board. (11:59pm 24/02/17 - Delist deadline)

5(b) To delist players, simply post the players delisted on the designated delisted players thread.

5(c) Prior to the PSD, ORFFF lists can be no greater than 24 players. If an ORFFF list exceeds 24 players by the deadline mentioned above, players will be delisted from that team for them (previous season averages from lowest to highest) to take the list down to 24 players and the coach will be in serious risk of losing their place in the ORFFF.

5(d) ORFFF lists may be cut to fewer than 24 players prior to the PSD.

5(e) The ORFFF MSD is not mandatory, provided that teams retain exactly 30 players following any trading and/or delisting of players.

5(f) To participate in the MSD, teams must have reduced their playing list through trading and/or delistment to 29 or fewer players by the designated time and date (again, to be advised by the ORFFF Commissioner and/or Board) in the relevant MSD trades and delistment threads. Teams who have reduced player numbers to 29 or fewer solely through trading uneven numbers of players will also participate in the MSD.

5(g) The MSD delistment deadline also applies to ORFFF teams who have gained players through trading uneven numbers of players, as they must reduce their squad to 30 players or less.
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...l-federation-rules.89340/#rbD2hlf0KVDmADvz.99

2. Len

Avengers delist Daisy Thomas and Alex Neil Bullen.

I can't find an official teams list anywhere, is this going to be provided post delists and pre draft?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

DingoBeachButchers delist the following

Sam Gilbert
    Brandon Jack
    Ed Langdon
    Taylor Garner
    Jake Barrett
    Kyle Hartigan
    Harrison Wigg (regrettably)
    Bailey Williams " "

• Like Like x 1
  4. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

The Boozers heavy trading period ends with the delisting of;
    K. Brooksby
    M. Rischitelli
    M. Brown (ess)
    D. Petrie
    D. Gorringe

This means 31 players and 20 draft picks have either come or gone via trades with the Boozers and only 11 of last years 30 are still on the list. With 5 picks in the top 60, we think the Boozers might be in a position to maybe reach the finals.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brett Sanders

Brett Sanders Well-Known Member

Maralinga Atoms delist the following....

Liam Duggan
    Nick Dal Santo (retired)
    Darcy Tucker
    Lynden Dunn
    Tom Downie

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Len

for the purposes of the draft once everyone has updated their squads the full list of FA's will be able to be viewed at
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&teamId=-2

what I think you mean is a report/spready showing all 800 plus SC players and which ones are listed by which club and which are FA's

as TS doesn't provide this functionality there may be someone out there tracking this in a spready - if so please feel free to share it with everyone

if not when logged in I can see each team under the TS leagues option on the TS stats page, and I assume so can everyone else??

if so someone needs to dump all 16 teams into a spreadsheet once everyone has updated them, then join with the FA's and within an hour you get the teams list if you want one. it would be nice if someone who has been coasting along a bit would be prepared to get their hands dirty on Saturday or Sunday prior to the draft - any volunteers??

Cheers TTH

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

How do we and the admins know squad sizes and how many players need to be trimmed from each list to get down to 24? Obviously retired players can count but some have already removed them from their lists which could be confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Len

That means we are relying on the abilities of 15 other people to keep their lists 100% up to date, something I don't believe is possible and why the FA has always maintained an independent squad list, this is it's current form http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2017-fa-team-lists.89717/

Otherwise these are possible;
    If I decide I'd like to reselect one of my players, I simply don't don't cut him from my squad and no-one else sees he is a FA or
    I might accidentally select a FA and then noone else sees he is one..

It's not for convenience, its for reference and accuracy.

9. Len

That would be awesome mate ta, and I agree nix the phone :p

10. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Noahs delist:

Nick Malceski
    Jeremy Laidler
    Dawson Simpson
    Daniel Lloyd
    Josh Hill
    Cory Gregson

Can confirm that the Noahs only hold 24 players in TS Leagues

• Like Like x 1
  11. stowie

stowie Moderator

A sad day, goodbye to the following Dropbears (for now)...

James Gwilt
    Clancee Pearce
    Nick Suban
    David Mackay
    Sam Lloyd
    Matthew Pavlich

Have updated the DDB list in TSLeagues

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheTassieHawk

@Len

Squads have to be cut to 24, and this can be checked via
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?report=Player&leagueId=2

Our rules say that players will be forcibly delisted if squads aren't cut by Friday 1159pm so that should be plenty of incentive. If someone actions this then runs the FA list and dumps into a spread on Saturday morning you get a list of FA's (as opposed to a list of all players including those already on teams) in no more than 5 minutes, as accurate as can be in my book.

If anyone then "selects" a player to hide them from the online FA list then we all realise that is cheating, but if you use the FA list prior to the start of the draft as above and update that independent of the system for each of the picks before yours then the mistakes you describe as potentially happening don't matter.

Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 2
  13. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek delists:
    Ivan Maric
    Paul Seedsman
    Craig Bird
    Ryan Lester
    Jed Anderson

TsLeagues team list now at 24

14. Len

Are you suggesting that posting the players names to be delisted isn't enough?
    I an ideal world sure the guy then goes to his team and updates it, but from experience it's inevitable that the technically handicapped will stick a spoke in your wheel, either that or we are just plain unlucky and they are all in the FA.
    Only a league admin can run the report that states who has how many players in each team and if duplicates etc exist.
    The actual team lists are reliant on 16 people hitting all the correct buttons, it should work, but never does, that's why Les built the admin report :)

Edit, the first line sounds unintentionally narky, what I am intending to query is the process in 5b states exactly that as a complete process.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  15. TheTassieHawk

@Bearfly, @Darran, @Dale Duivesteyn and @ViQBoZ are all listed as ORFF admin, I might be able to view the report as a TS site admin

@walesy can add more people as/if needed.

if people list their delistings in the thread and someone is happy to tidy up half the teams who can't be bothered doing their own for them according to their post then all good as well

16. Len

I can't view the report, though I haven't tried using my admin account to do it, as long as someone does it and we are all working off the one list of names all good.

17. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to get a spreadsheet as such, but there is this:
    upload_2017-2-23_14-10-11.png

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Wedge Island announces departing players from the 2016 squad to make way for improved 2017 squad:

Delisted:
    Jack Grimes (no longer on AFL list)
    Brad McKenzie (no longer on AFL list)
    Kamdyn McIntosh (lost in Tigers assistant coaches reshuffle)
    Harris Andrews (someone said he plays for Brisbane, but does anyone really play for them)
    Sam Wright (sulking over Boomer, Droopy and Nicks delistings/retirements)
    Jimmy Toumpas (eating souvlaki)
    Jesse Palmer (unlucky to be squeezed out)

Traded:
    Jamie Elliott, Lewis Taylor, Brendan AhChee

We wish to thank the above players for their contributions (albeit some were very minor contributions) and wish them well for the future.

We would also like to welcome to the club Matt Lobbe, Nick Smith, Travis Cloke and Mark Baguley who arrived via the recent trade period - we hope you all make the most of your time at the club

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

P.S. - Have adjusted my list in tsLeagues to reflect the delistings and additions.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.