Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      Watched the whole game, he was brilliant
    2. warsaken
      warsaken
      Been a fan for the last few years. been lucky to have drafted him in my draft league the last 2 years. Thinking of starting him instead of pendles..

Here is my latest incarnation - $38,700 left
      upload_2017-3-12_15-35-2.png
      After teasing myself with Vardy (with Tboyd as f/r backup) at R2, i've decided to go a slightly less risky approach with Sandi.

T.Adams to be shifted to Def during downgrades. Billings will be Heeney if fit. As mentioned earlier by Len, Taranto may become someone else.
      Olivers preseason makes him an auto include for me. Haven't seen many teams picking him, preferring JOM/Swallow. I've got them also, so hoping it all comes off.
    3. benny01
      benny01
      Just on Oliver. He's going to have to average over 90 to be worth it at his price. Do you think he's capable of that?
      I don't think he's ready just yet he's still young and last year it was his endurance that held him back. I don't he can average enough for the year to justify his outlay.
      What I'm really asking is how confident are you in his ability to avg 90+ for at least the first half of the year?

On Pendles vs Treloar. I'm a big fan of both but have always backed Pendlebury in a Pie v Pie midfield premium choice and never regretted it. Bloke is ultra consistent and has never let me down.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Len
      Len
      I think if you name Adams you play him down back, esp if you aren't naming a d/m to link with.
      I don't think Swallow or Oliver will make enough to justify the cost, and Taranto has shaky JS.
      Billings a dice roll, I like the Mills pick can't fit him in mine atm.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. RPritch
      RPritch
      Very unique team. Can be a fantastic thing and there is no reason to not go with your gut. Just warning you though, the pre-season can be a very unreliable indicator for picking SC players. Basically some players are trying harder than others, some whole teams might be trying harder than other teams, it all gets a bit messy. If you were already thinking of picking Oliver, then the pre-season just confirmed your thoughts, then have a crack, but if it's purely off a few pre-season games then beware it could easily backfire.

Personally I don't like seeing $200k sitting on the bench from 1 player, so I would advise Taranto to be downgraded if you can't even put him on the field Rd 1. Like the not very common selections of Shaw, Tuohy, Greene and Billings. Particularly Greene, I have him myself
    6. Len
      Len
      Had a go at what to do if the mid rookie situation isn't improved, didn't intend it to end up with this shape, but I like it enough that I might stick with it. Really though, available rookies with reasonable JS named for round 1 are going to end up defining the team, so much for planning.

[​IMG]
    7. RPritch
      RPritch
      Just my thoughts:
      I don't think McGrath is much of a player and I find it interesting that you've picked Armitage over Beams in the middle. What do you think Armitage can average this year?
    8. Len
      Len
      McGrath the most expensive likely to be named down back so could become any def rookie, I rate him a lot higher than you I guess but possibly not this year.
      I had Beams in right up until today, read why Armo dipped so badly last year (87 after 109 the year before) and that he is confident he is over it. If you take that story at face value and I've no reason not to I think he is more likely to go ~105 than Beams.
      Bont/Rocky another tossup and I had Rocky in when I left Beams out, I'd have one but not both.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. benny01
      benny01
      I turned McGrath into Marchbank
    10. JC
      JC
      Armitage has 1 year >100. Given he's nearly 29, he could be a late bloomer but it screams spike year to me. Beams, injury prone as he is, has far more SC pedigree.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      Probably right, if we get another mid rookie we can be happy about JOM is gone and Armo is Rocky, but if not and he plays well again tonight he is in.
    12. griff
      griff
      You've got 9 players 250-500k and 5 below 250k on field, that's 14 upgrades you've got to do and you have fewer rookies to generate the cash for them than other sides. You'll find it very hard to get a full premo team from this starting point
      • Like Like x 2
    13. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      Shaw; Laird; Savage; Touhy; Z. Jones; Otten (T.Stewart; Z.Guthrie)
      Dangerfield; Parker; Fyfe; Steven, D. Beams; O'Meara; Powell-Pepper; Barrett (Fox; Mies; Parfitt)
      Hickey; Sandilands (Pruess)
      N. Roo; Dahlhaus; Greene; Jarryd Roughead; Steele; Pickett (Butler; Eddy)

$20k left over.
      Assumptions:
      Jones appears to be playing mid, don't expect to have to upgrade him (or Touhy or Savage)
      OMeara is not expected o be upgraded (m8/m9 in the final washup)
      None of the premium rucks appear to be scoring very well, decided to spend money elsewhere
      Greene and Roughy regarded as premiums

Guthrie not on the main list yet, same with Eddy and Fox. Alternatives available for their spots should they not make primary lists by R1.
      Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers,
      Bill
    14. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      Agreed regarding Armo. As a Sainter, I love him, but not for my SC team. Beams worth the risk IMHO.
    15. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      I started out with Mills, but decided 2nd year blues were a possibility.
      Maybe only one of Oliver, O'Meara, or Swallow?
      BIllings is a bit flaky for mine. Not sure he has it in him (Oh, if only the saints had picked the Bont....)
      Otherwise has a lot of charm tho. I am coming around to Hampton myself, trying to figure out how to re-arrange to squeeze him inot my team..
    16. Len
      Len
      Been talked out of Armo, but have gone Kelly instead of Beams, availability of funds to cover the named rookies as opposed to the desired ones will probably determine how solid that stays.
    17. traviso
      traviso
      I think you should only be going 1, maybe 2 gambles at the most each line. Your backline has 3, Savage (never done over 82 in a season), Touhy (never done over 81 in a season), Z Jones 56 last year, never played a full season. I'd get rid of Savage (he's a never going to be) for some one safe and pick either Touhy or Jones as my gamble. Touhy has the responsibility and team change, Jones to bring his avg up 40 points and play a season?
      • Like Like x 1
    18. traviso
      traviso
      upload_2017-3-14_9-39-43.png
      Generic comments?

Attached Files:

19. Nick
      Nick
      Nice looking team with some interesting PODs.
      As an Essendon supporter, I'm not picking McGrath as I just don't think I've seen enough yet. Wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't get the nod round 1 either.
      I would also take Beams over Armitage by a long way. McCarthy is an interesting pick - however too much uncertainty around his year out of the game - ditto with the returning Bombers.
      Love the Roo pick, every year I discount him and he proves me wrong.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team, pretty similar to mine to be honest. Like the Greene pick, also have him in mine.
      Are you hoping Taranto will get a good run at it with Congilio's injury? Could work out. Bit too exxy for mine.
      As above I'm not convinced on McCarthy (nor Steele for the price) but all power to you if it comes off!
      • Like Like x 1