Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. surtees
      surtees
      This is my current version. Little worried a few to many mid pricers. I have a concern over Gawn with shared ruck not sure who else to use there maybe Grundy or Martin. I hope Beams stays on the park. Rookies are really place holders to see who gets named. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    2. God Yeah
      God Yeah
      Thanks to everyone that provided feedback on my team - plenty of food for thought.

Good Luck to all
    3. Flustercluck
      Flustercluck
      Not a big fan of Dahlhaus in the mids, I think he is a must have in the fwd line. Still not sold on Cloke either.

I'm also having the same thoughts about Gawn.
    4. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      [/QUOTE]
      Wigg worries me a bit. If he gets a run in R1 he might struggle for JS as both Thommo and B Crouch are a very good chance to play in the SANFL trial next week. If they pull up ok Wigg would have to hit the ground running to stay in the side.
    5. Ang
      Ang
      All feedback appreciated. Still looking at my Rucks and Rookies....not sure?? Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 4.45.32 PM.png
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    6. IPOD
      IPOD
      I'm not sure about Ryder and nankervis in the same side. Will they both be in top 6-10 Fwds all year I think not
      • Like Like x 1
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      image.png

Attached Files:

8. IPOD
      IPOD
    9. benny01
      benny01
      I'm not sold on Jones and I think you've spent too much money in the forward line where there's a decent selection of rookies.
      Are you really happy to start without Danger?
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    10. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Just an observation but how can no one have Dusty Martin? He is one of the best players in the comp and can rack up the points!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      He is mid only this year, it's possible he might end up a top 10 mid but unlikely.
      He is currently in about 10% of teams so not the most left field pick going around.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. RPritch
      RPritch
      A lot of the best players can feel like that. I haven't seen a team with any of Z.Merrett, D.Martin, L.Neale etc. It is because there are heaps of different options for those premium mid spots
      • Like Like x 2
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      current changes since my earlier selection prior to JLT4 are
      In Laird, Beams, Macrae, Roughead, Eddy
      Out K Simpson, Hanners, Fox, N Roo, A Black

Leaving
      DOCHERTY, SHAW, LAIRD, Hampton, Otten, EVW (T Stewart, Melican)
      DANGER, PENDLES, ABLETT, JPK, Beams, Jaegarbomb, Taranto, Brodie, (SPP, Barratt, Parfitt FM)
      GAWN, Sandy (Preuss)
      DAHLHAUS FM, FRANKLIN, MACRAE, Roughead, Schoenmakers, Houston (Butler, Eddy)

11-4-15 with $50,900 in the bank, with the MP being Beams, Roughead, JOM and Sandy.
      All 4 are being included as stepping stones who would be traded mid-late season if they stay fit.

Rookies still to be determined. Schoenmakers, Preuss and Melican the most likely to be moved on once Thursday squads are out. Pickett, Cameron/Strnadica, Florent and Hibberd are likely to come in if named.

Premos can be juggled around to fit bye planning as needed.
    14. churchboy
      churchboy
      @ The TassieHawk

looks really good, guess we're getting down to the last few days so most teams are starting to come together.

noticed you mentioned A Black out at the top of your post, but then you named him on the bench in FWD? Was that meant to be some other rookie? And maybe its just me, (i haven't fact checked this) but I've always felt JPK starts seasons slow and then builds up towards the end of the season. Anyway, I dont think I can add too much to what looks like a great starting side. Nice work!
    15. churchboy
      churchboy
      ok peeps, tell me how i can make this better! upload_2017-3-20_11-5-24.png
    16. benny01
      benny01
    17. benny01
      benny01
      First of all get Hampton onto the field :)
      I like your backline I have 7 of those players in mine.
      Mids are solid I like Zorko but I'm not going with him myself. Not sure about Brodie, I'm not sure he'll get much opportunity early on.
      I like having Gawn with Sandi. The Rucks look much better to me with a strong ruckman next to Sandi. I personally have Goldilands right now.
      Forward line is solid.

I'm not sure that all of your rookies will play round 1 but that can be easily changed once the teams are in :)
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Dan Nielsen
      Dan Nielsen
      I like your team, a lot of mid pricers though in saying that I have the same issue because lets be honest they're tempting.
      I like Zorks as well I reckon he's going to rip it up this yr . I went z Guthrie in def, hes cheap and will get game time - maybe swap him out with melican.
      Good luck!
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Fair enough. I might rethink his inclusion in my team. He was ranked 15th last year do you think he can lift his output this year?
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Len
      Len
      Nothing to suggest he will, but I think he will hold it, so it's a matter of how you value his inclusion in your team.
      I'm happy to pick some players knowing that I am either picking them at their value, or slightly overs, Danger, Kennedy (Syd) and Nroo for example as I want some lock in options. If Dusty fills that need for you go for it.
      • Like Like x 3