2017 Round Review: Round One

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, round one is nearly complete, and the cockles of my heart have been warmed but an upset victory over the Hawks.

Slightly less warming though, was the 2000ish score that I'll be opening the season with. With a bit of luck though, I might crack 2100. Feels a little low, but I guess there have been a bunch of trash rookies and Hannebury stinking it up, so maybe that par? I dunno- can't seem to see anyone's scores anymore.

To remedy that, hit us up with your scores in the comments below! :D

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

1. walesy
      walesy
      c'mon lockout - I'm an old bugger these days! Can't handle the late nights! :D
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      2267 - gawn (c).
      • Like Like x 5
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2087 for the SuperSquad2017
    4. St
      St
      Looks like a 2097 after final adjustments on the Freo game. Still in lockout so don't know yet where that puts me.Late surge by Danger joining the too few heroes of Laird, Gawn, Adams and Nankervis, villians were Hanners, and basically all rookies except Butler, and P.P.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      2258 for me. Left Butler on the bench but pretty happy with that start. Going to be hard to generate a lot of cash with the rookie scores so far, will make it an interesting season.
      • Like Like x 5
    6. Jason
      Jason
      2181 thanks to my premiums firing. Now just need to get some rookies onfield who can score over 50. Had both Butler and Houston on the bench unfortunately.
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Some low rookie scores round 1 and affecting price changes after Round 3 are discouraging but much better than low rookie scores in Round 3 which affect repricing following Rounds 3, 4 and 5.
      • Like Like x 3
    8. warsaken
      warsaken
      2191 solid start to the year.
      Heros: Pendles (VC loophole), Marchbank, Gawn, Adams, Steele, Oliver, Sandi, Danger & Tuohy
      Villans: Swallow (last minute panic trade), Rough/J'Oms 70s, Taranto was slightly dissapointing but otherwise missed most bullets.

Good to not be playing catchup from R2 for once.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      2180 with a donut due to tech failure which left Darcy Cameron on field! What a cluster feck of a weekend that felt like!

I've missed this forum btw, life got crazy busy for a bit. Nearly died at the end of 2015, had our first baby, major follow up surgery.... Ya know just a few things on! Now we're leaving Timor-Leste for Melbourne!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 5
    10. stripey
      stripey
      2171 for me but half expect my entire bench (butler excluded) to be relegated to the reserves next week... o_O
      • Like Like x 2
    11. JC
      JC
      Happy with a 2267. Most of my rookies were shit though, which is a bit of a concern.
      • Like Like x 3
    12. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      You're no Robinson Crusoe there! Slim pickings it seems. Hopefully they'll turn it around next week.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      2179 dahlhaus, roughie and ward hurt this week but should score better most weeks and 4 rookie scores below 50 hurts
    14. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      I'm wrapped danger scored 138 even though I didn't have him as cap. this makes it harder for those coaches thinking he'll start poorly and try to buy him at a discount.
    15. JC
      JC
      Slim pickings indeed. Takes me back to the pre-expansion days when it could be a struggle to find a decent playing rookie. A lot less SC talk around the traps in those days though, so if you knew where to find info then you had a good head start on most. :)
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      Do we take another week to look at Hannan? This year's Papley?

17. Senator96
      Senator96
      2073 feels quite under par after reading other scores. Also had some bad rookie scores on the field as most did but too many premiums only got the 80s and 90s scores. My mid pricers like roughy omeara and kk could only manage 70s so it was a pretty difficult first week.
    18. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      buy buy buy
    19. JC
      JC
      Ideally we wait a week to check he's not a one round wonder. But plenty will jump on him early after so many poor rookies this week - I think only 2 of my rookies scored over 60. Joel Smith owners may also be trading early depending on the news about his shoulder.
      • Like Like x 1