2017 Round Review: Round One

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, round one is nearly complete, and the cockles of my heart have been warmed but an upset victory over the Hawks.

Slightly less warming though, was the 2000ish score that I'll be opening the season with. With a bit of luck though, I might crack 2100. Feels a little low, but I guess there have been a bunch of trash rookies and Hannebury stinking it up, so maybe that par? I dunno- can't seem to see anyone's scores anymore.

To remedy that, hit us up with your scores in the comments below! :D

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

1. dmandrews
      dmandrews
      Scored 2,111

Had two of the five highest scorers of the round in my team, Laird as well as Pendles captain using VC loophole. Also happy with mid-pricers Nankervis, Steele and Sandilands, however had four rookies score 50 or less and premium Rance score 59.
      Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Best start for as long as can remember (so probably 2 yrs).

In other news...
      Apparently the Power shocked the world!
      That includes China, right?
      • Like Like x 2
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @walesy - lockout is over at 1152pm !!
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Len
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Ok, stats are just finishing up now, these's been a handful of errors popped, but I believe it's all in some of the advanced stats calcs- too late to drill into it now, but if you notice anything else funky, let me know
    6. Jason
      Jason
      TS Leagues lockout time for the Rich v Coll game in R2 was/is incorrect. I have changed it for ORFFL and TS Addicts.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. griff
      griff
      2256 was awesome and all, but the rookies were so bad I don't think GnR will win it this year. Might need to burn some early trades to adjust
      • Like Like x 1
    8. snoz
      snoz
      2184 - fairly average opening round score. Liked all the prems, hated all the rookies, every bloody one of them.
      SPP was solid, Mr Unknown Hannan was good & that's it ! Cash generation is going to be hard this year me thinks
    9. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      Pretty satisfied with 2331. Went the right way on most of my 50/50s, and no obvious corrections/injury fixes needed this week. Underwhelming rookie scores aren't encouraging, but we're all in the same boat on that front, right?
      • Like Like x 4
    10. Len
      Len
      Yeah that's a manual set each week if it's not first game, I'll sort FA, just need someone to do FF (and FU if applicable)
    11. bunza52
      bunza52
      2188. Could have been better. Dropped 100 going Pickett over Butler and Barrett over SPP as Emerg, as I didnt realise Swallow was out. Also swapped McGrath for Taranto and Pendles for Zorko after over analysing the JLT scores....but it is a marathon, not a sprint, so lets see what next week brings. Hope Smith's shoulder isnt too bad & I hope the rooks have a good hard look at themselves this week and get at least 60+
    12. Bucko
      Bucko
      2,096 o_O

Monday Morning Rage Trades:
      Hannerbury -> T.Mitchell
      Pickett -> Nankervis

Just got there with $1k left in the bank
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Iain
      Iain
      2250 for a rank of 7221. Same complaints as everyone else, wrong rookies and a couple of misfires.
    14. walesy
      walesy
      *head* *desk* *thunk* - This message takes me back :D

Cheers mate
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      2279, was tracking allot better prior to Saturday night, JOM and Rough underwhelming and Hampton, TT and Otten really bringing me down towards rounds end
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Owen
      Owen
      I agree, I ended up with 2231, but copped both Roo and Joel Smith injuries. Tempting to trade Roo down to Jack Steele to get some cash for corrections. But now I read that Roo might only miss 1 to 2 weeks. Hmm.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. James84
      James84
      ergh 2045. Went too light in the FWD's with Turner, Taranto and Simpkin on field. Rance and Priddis POD's didn't pay off.... But in saying that, not a complete disaster and only Smith's injury to deal with...
    18. Dekka
      Dekka
      2290, left 50 points on the bench and going Gawn VC over Pendles last minute Thursday night. However, leading TS3 league and 4th in TS Group - blow the siren, it's only downhill from here.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2014 so just cracked the magic 2000 for opening round. Hanneberry was a real disappointment - I am hoping that he will bounce back
    20. Bucko
      Bucko
      Any word on what was wrong with Swallow ?

*Edit: Found it - rolled ankle at training